• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bible Q & A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Hi Lisa, here are a couple of scriptures that show they are seperate :)

Hebrews
12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
"Now may the God of Peace Himself sanctify you entirely, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Thanks for that! I've either never seen those scriptures before, or they just didn't really sink in, probably the latter. Alot doesn't sink in these days! :laugh:

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.”

I don't really understand why Jesus said this. Can someone clarify?

Jesus is not trying to insult her. Jesus is merely making a point from a domestic happening - a common meal. Dogs wait until the meal is completed, then they get scraps. At this the children (the Jews) are being fed and the dogs (the Gentiles) would have to wait. She does not take offense to what Jesus says but adds to His statement.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Jesus is not trying to insult her. Jesus is merely making a point from a domestic happening - a common meal. Dogs wait until the meal is completed, then they get scraps. At this the children (the Jews) are being fed and the dogs (the Gentiles) would have to wait. She does not take offense to what Jesus says but adds to His statement.

I agree with what SG said.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
The next was an important lesson for the disciples. Jesus mentioned the "yeast" of the Pharisees and the Saducees. Yeast is often used as a "picture" in scriptures. A small amount added to a large mixture will soon affect the whole batch. Most often (but not always) yeast is used as a picture of sin. Jesus knew that how a person thinks will affect the way that they act. And a persons actions will affect the way that they will teach. The way that the Pharisees and Saducees thought affected their way of reacting to Jesus.

This was a great explanation, and something I had not thought of before. :)

CartHeadMod

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Another question, why did they call Jesus the "son of David"?
because the prophets had foretold that the coming King would be descended from David......also, it would be a good time to read the prophetic Psalm written by David......Psalm 22........and compare it to the crucifixion story.....

Psalm 22 - Passage.Lookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

just one example of many...
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.

Last edited:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
because the prophets had foretold that the coming King would be descended from David......also, it would be a good time to read the prophetic Psalm written by David......Psalm 22........and compare it to the crucifixion story.....

Psalm 22 - Passage.Lookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

just one example of many...
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.

Ok, I get it now. Thanks Carthead!!!!!!!! :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread