Big Tobacco proposes open container tank ban for e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Locally, a few summers ago, head shops were having their shipments of glass pipes seized. It was all over the news, and then it stopped just as suddenly as it started. I wonder if it was done as a preemptive action to set a precedent for if they decide to crack down on e-cigs.

Maybe I am just paranoid lol

I believe it was because they got sued and lost. Generally if they can keep it quiet, they do. Used paraphernalia though will land you in jail, heh not here anymore but in almost every other state.

EPA has lost some big ones too but other than a quick hit it is off the pages quick if reported mainstream at all.

It has been said before but I think FDA will basically regulate the liquid nicotine and finished product juices with or without nic. just like other consumable products. Some of it might in fact be needed. I personally do not think anything will be outright banned. I may be unpleasantly surprised.

Stupidity by dumbass users might lead to bans on unregulated mod use. I don't think they can ban the products but possibly say they may not be around the public.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Some in-line comments:

Quote "There are a lot of laws which are rarely if ever enforced... I have a paperweight which happens to be the exact size, shape and weight of a pair of brass knuckles..."
Oddly enough, I have a pair of brass knucks in the same shape as a Provari!

Quote "Risk of adulteration? Really? What an impertinent, inept, and imbecilic group of ......!!!!! Tell me how many dangerous chemicals are in those cigarettes again. Come now RJR, that lil' ol' tobacca didn't grow out of God's green Earth like that did it, darlin'?"

If the manufacturer puts something in it is to improve the product (sarcasm?) or a material is naturally occurring due to the growing/fabrication of the material, then it is not adulteration. All that stuff that BT puts in is to improve the flavor and smoking experience to keep you coming back to their brand. Not at all to make it more addictive. No, no, not a chance that we would do that!
What they are talking about is someone else doing it!
And I am sure that the mailman bit himself, not my dog!!!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Locally, a few summers ago, head shops were having their shipments of glass pipes seized. It was all over the news, and then it stopped just as suddenly as it started. I wonder if it was done as a preemptive action to set a precedent for if they decide to crack down on e-cigs.

Maybe I am just paranoid lol

Paranoia is irrational, you are not irrational.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Doesn't the 1998 tobacco Settlement end in 2018? The payments were supposed to be spread out over 20 years.

From what I've heard the states have floated capital appreciation bonds based on using tobacco payments to fulfill the payback obligations and are scuttling around now to pay what is referred to as "balloon payments" on bonds that went toxic. Looks like they need to find a new source of money to cover debts. Will that be ecig taxes?

How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt - ProPublica

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Will read the article later. However, just by the headline to me on the face of it Wall street is not/can't be to blame for the states doing stupid ... stuff borrowing against it and going into further debt.

I think I have been censored :) didn't mean to be an ..., I will try not to use the word ... again in my posts and just think ... to myself :D

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Actually the main ingredient in ecigs is the VG...totally FDA approved and they claim they dont know what we are vaping ir if its safe or not?....lying tru their teeth all the way.I acully ingest VG everyday for the last 25 years by using a VG based Stevia sweetner in my coffee....BTW..they tried to ban Stevia but lost.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Actually the main ingredient in ecigs is the VG...totally FDA approved and they claim they dont know what we are vaping ir if its safe or not?....lying tru their teeth all the way.I acully ingest VG everyday for the last 25 years by using a VG based Stevia sweetner in my coffee....BTW..they tried to ban Stevia but lost.

I'll go along with all that, except the main ingredient in mine is most definitely not VG; if my vape is more than 25%-30% Vg, I can't vape it, or it gives me no end of breathing problems. The main ingredient in everything I vape is definitely PG -- and considering that's also the main ingredient of my asthma inhaler, I feel confident that PG is pretty safe -- safe for me, and safe from attack.

Andria

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
PG is the active ingredient in the eydrops my optometrist recommended for dry eyes. Go figure. If it's OK for your eyes ...

Government is strange sometimes. There's no published reports that say ecigs are a direct health hazard. There are sticks and jabs in reports with little or no scientific data that say they "may be" harmful because they "might" produce some chemical "if" you greatly exceed wattage and heat recommendations.

Cars are very dangerous if you exceed speed limits or text while driving. For that reason, cell phones kill. See the subjective connection, ANTZ? The truth is the ecigs are a very good stepping stone to get OFF cigarettes. From there, it's up to the individual.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
Doesn't the 1998 Tobacco Settlement end in 2018? The payments were supposed to be spread out over 20 years.

From what I've heard the states have floated capital appreciation bonds based on using tobacco payments to fulfill the payback obligations and are scuttling around now to pay what is referred to as "balloon payments" on bonds that went toxic. Looks like they need to find a new source of money to cover debts. Will that be ecig taxes?

How Wall Street Tobacco Deals Left States With Billions in Toxic Debt - ProPublica

Why should vapers pay for the sins of BT? Any why should vapers pay for the bad investment deals government had with Wall Street and BT?
We didn't do anything wrong by quitting the stinkies and switched to vaping instead.

Last edited:

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
In my opinion, we have all of those bases covered except for the most important one...
The mainstream media simply is not interested in our side of the story.

Curious No?

And IMO, DC2's comment above is so accurate so I will put it in bold one more time:

In my opinion, we have all of those bases covered except for the most important one...
The mainstream media simply is not interested in our side of the story.

And I think its absolutely safe to say, <<< as Wierdo Richard Dawkins would croon, that DC2's comment is no longer an opine but should register as a fact.

Lets be fair to the moment here. Here is what we got. We got the red white and blue flag shakers, talking about the great I owe you, because freedom of the press will assure the "system of checks and balances". Little did some people know, that by checks and balances, they meant they get they get there checks and balances in cash, and the stick is, if you can't shake the media like them, thats your problem and there epiphany. This is not going to change either. Get used to it.

This aint nothing. You can take 5 things and be right to the media/government/law enforcement, and get worse than nothing. Your life will end up on a trip to oblivion that is the payment for being correct. <<< And that's if your lucky. <<< Thats easy punishment. Perhaps its time I went and got my green leprechaun pants too.

Think Not about the mediaizers? Think nothing then. DeadBeatJeff posted an article when he joined ECF about a guy doing jail time whose only crime was reporting the news. I liked everything about the article except one sentence. that went something like this "If true, this will change the entire state of the union." If true? I believed the story why question it. But this change the state of the union? No it wont, when your in jail your guilty, a convicted felon, thats true wether you did the crime or not. << and that is why it wont change one thing. Get in a hot one with the politicoeth to businessicate?, there is no such thing as presumptive innocence in this country anymore. << all that is is a young man's pipedream, and and old man's lost wish.

DC2: This "edict" of secular privilege from the Offices of Diseaseses and Controlleth that came out recently, has turned into a major harbinger of doubt. Nationally. Apparently, the Officeses of Diseaseses and Controleth is going to issue the results of there "study" on September 11. <<< Like a eulogy because they are all saving the day. "Here they come to save the day." That is what this is too, is a harbinger.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
It's disturbing as all get out that BB & BT are doing everything possible to snuff out vaping as we know it so their gas station cig a likes are the only "legal" ecigs on the market. But what I think disturbs me more is apparently, there have been studies done on certain eliquids that all of us buy from vendors that are testing at "unsafe" levels, yet I haven't heard much about it nor have I heard vendors stepping up to the plate to make them safe.We all need to demand higher standards from our ejuice vendors or we may lose this battle to BB & BT because unlike the vape community, these guys WILL make a big stink about it and get our stuff banned.. :(

This only will add fuel to the Antz fire. I heard a podcast recently and this was on the podcasts' website:

Dr. Farsalinos’ study that found that testing 159 different e-liquids found that 74% contained diacetyl and/or acetyl propionyl. Some of the liquids tested had levels of diacetyl and/or acetyl propionyl six times more than a tobacco cigarette, and tested at 450 times the safety level (assuming the individual is vaping 3 mL per day).

sparky_ahs

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
I just checked out the vuse for free in the coupon mailer they sent out to Marlboro members (don't look away I know what you are thinking 0.o) and they are sure to give e cigs a bad rap, they are using 4.8 % or 48mg/ml liquid, way to high of nic content imho. If they would have labeled the product with the nic content that would be one thing but I had to dig though their website to get the information. I suspect them putting something in the juice to remove some of the throat hit because it has less th then my home mix at 14 mg/ml.

Angie B- "It's disturbing as all get out that BB & BT are doing everything possible to snuff out vaping as we know it so their gas station cig a likes are the only "legal" ecigs on the market."

Yes Corporate tobacco will control what ecig is available inside gas station. Corporate oil will control what type of fuel is available outside gas station. What petrol and "fracking" is doing to planet really pales in comparison to the little people with their vape tanks. Gotta love a government that has its priorities in line.

Last edited:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I just checked out the vuse for free in the coupon mailer they sent out to Marlboro members (don't look away I know what you are thinking 0.o) and they are sure to give e cigs a bad rap, they are using 4.8 % or 48mg/ml liquid, way to high of nic content imho. If they would have labeled the product with the nic content that would be one thing but I had to dig though their website to get the information. I suspect them putting something in the juice to remove some of the throat hit because it has less th then my home mix at 14 mg/ml.

I am not so sold on the high nic content thing. I chain vape @ 12mg. If I used a 24mg liquid I woudl not chain vape. I would also use it similar to a smoke. 1-2 smoke break and then maybe a gain in 15 or whatever. Which is better chain vaping or using a high nic content? I don't know. I wouldn;t go to say it is way too high though.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
In this case, (as well as others) I disagree. If the leadership of the Senate changes hands in November, the Deeming Regulations are in definite trouble. The leading minority Senators on the HELP committee are all against the Deeming Regulations as written. And if it wasn't for the current administration, these Deeming Regulations would not even exist.

THIS!

I for one have had enough of the sissy la-la`s running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread