Blu for $1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Just tried my first (of 4 ordered) MyBlu...IS quite a cute (and discrete) little e-cig...

Not wild about the Gold Leaf...smoked ONLY Menthols as a smoker...and have NEVER used tobacco/Menthol flavors as a vaper...

Are there instructions somewhere for refilling the Pods???

Blu for $1 (1st page of this thread)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Just tried my first (of 4 ordered) MyBlu...IS quite a cute (and discrete) little e-cig...

Not wild about the Gold Leaf...smoked ONLY Menthols as a smoker...and have NEVER used tobacco/Menthol flavors as a vaper...

Are there instructions somewhere for refilling the Pods???

Just google it. There's a bunch of videos on how to do it. I've replaced the wicks on several and it works great.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Look through this thread. There are instructions to refill the pods and to rewick them. Both are very easy.
When I start a new blu I empty out the tobacco and fill with my flavor. Keep refilling till I or SO gets a dry hit and then rewick and refill. Good to go again.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
For anyone still trying to grab multiple kits, I bought several at Walgreens again today, and they all rang up 99 cents. They actually had a new sale sign saying they were $17 instead of $21, but they rang up for a buck, and still no limit on how many you can purchase. Worth a shot if you’re still looking!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
And now blu is pushing their nic salts billed as intense with a different welcome offer. They have it in 2 strengths. I bought one on the welcome $1 offer and my brother bought one (and gave it to me). One pod battery does not work right --keeps flashing blue - but I am not going to go through the hassle of returning. The other one I have as a backup. I will probably buy one of the lower nic salts pod packs just to have in case I run out of juice or all my equipment breaks.

I wonder if they plan on converting mainly to nic salts and had the special offers to get the blu pod battery out to as many as possible. Great marketing I guess!

Sites-Blu-US-Site

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Can someone offer a comparison between the Blu and the Juul?

I compared the 2 here: Juul vs myblu

I started with the Juul and probably wouldn't have tried anything else if they had offered 3% as well as 5%. The 5% was too much for me. From what I read, Juul will start selling 3% next month.

I paid $15 for the Juul on sale and I think that is a fair price. The regular price is $35 (without pods) which seems a bit high.

The Myblu kit is an incredible deal at $1 with pod included. At the full retail $20 price for the Myblu, other pods such as the Smok Infinix are better deals. The Infinix is only $16-18 and it comes with 2 pods. Both have pros and cons. The Myblu has a better battery and battery indicator. The Infinix has a much more responsive draw activation.

Because of the $1 sale, I bought a lot of the Myblu kits. It will be a while before I run out of them.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
My wife and I bought a bunch of these myblus for a disadvantaged elderly woman she knows, and they actually worked! I ended up switching her to the Boulder pen that BillW50 posted about earlier because she couldn't pull off refilling the myblu on her own. She is trucking along with that with the juice that I make for her, and she's now been smoke free for 3 weeks.

The transformation to her health has been quick and dramatic, and she received good news from her pulmonologist for the first time in her life yesterday. She was in really bad shape before the switch, and after seeing this transformation first hand I am truly astonished (even as an experienced vaper) of the health effects of switching to vaping from smoking. Unfortunately I'm also even angrier at the lies from the Public Health orgs. Regardless, thanks to all posters on this thread. Amazing!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The transformation to her health has been quick and dramatic, and she received good news from her pulmonologist for the first time in her life yesterday.

Made my day, dcdozer! That's wonderful! And you and your wife are heroes. <wub>

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
I have 2 MyBlu already, and just ordered 3 more since its ending soon. Its the best performing easy thing I have found so far. And 5 should be enough to get me by for a while till they perfect the pod systems. The fast charging on these is great. Pods are kind of expensive, but since they come pre filled if you can vape it, you get a comparable price to other refillable pod systems.

Especially considering you can refill them, and even rewick them with enough effort. Pretty solid devices. Just wish it didnt spit so much juice in my mouth.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I find that it works best to also remove the plastic piece from the chimney and snap it in place over the cotton. I just do it every time.

The part that i'm talking about is white plastic part on the chimney in the photo below.
View attachment 751115

GREAT tip smoked25...it was NOT mentioned in the couple YouTube videos I watched...

I, FINALLY, finished the (terrible) Gold Leaf in the 5 MyBlu's that I was able to order...(I was raised to never waste anything...ever)…

I (quite easily) refilled the Pods with my usual fruit flavored nicotine-6mg. 70%PG/30%VG ejoose...and I'm now REALLY enjoying these little thingies...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread