Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp? Has anyone yet replaced the coil on this teensy tiny thing?

If so, I tip my cap to you. BIG time. I know I shall never!

I looked around for kwite a bit of time for a video on the how-to.

This guy must be a watch maker....... :facepalm:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I'm surprised the guy on Youtube removed the terminal posts. It seems more difficult to work with the loose terminals rather than keeping the posts on the deck.

I found some 2 year old posts from @dansus that describe his rebuild of the MVE. I think I'd try it this way.

My Von Erl

dansus said:
Figured out how to re-coil the little buggers. Used 32g kanthal, 0.21mm and took 1 wrap out from stock to get a bit more heat from the coil. Works well, gets better with each tweak.

Want to try Ni80 next, should give it a faster ramp up, cleaner taste and longer life.

dansus said:
Hard to explain fully but.. I use a 1.5mm coil master jig, 6.5 wraps of 0.21mm, coil in reverse from normal.

Using the coil jig, lay it in place and line up the wires roughly in the right place. Use a small watch makers screwdriver to push the wire into the groove and down between gold plate and plastic surround. Repeat for other side, snip an tuck wire down. Check for clearance, test fire and wick.

Sounds easy, its not but with practice, its doable.

dansus said:
'do you bend the tabs out a bit or just sort of force the wire in?'
They are pre-bent. Use the screwdriver to force it in, but its tricky, has to be just the right angle.

VE_mesh_2.jpg

Last edited:

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    This guy must be a watch maker....... :facepalm:
    I couldnt watch it, too painful.
    I found some 2 year old posts from @dansus that describe his rebuild of the MVE. I think I'd try it this way.

Its easier to build if you take the contact plates out, but they break really easy. I would guess they use a template jig in the factory.

I vowed to never recoil one again. Pods are cheap, dry burn and rewick until they are unusable would be my advice.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    You know, when I ordered my first 20 MyBlu Kits, I really thought if I had 40 more that would give me about a month of vaping from 60 pods. So I ordered 40 more (I never even cracked opened this box of 40 yet).

Well 40 days later, I only went through four pods. Oh course, I've been vaping on my other mods and pods too. But at this rate, 60 MyBlu pods is going to last me 600 days. :facepalm:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    You know, when I ordered my first 20 MyBlu Kits, I really thought if I had 40 more that would give me about a month of vaping from 60 pods. So I ordered 40 more (I never even cracked opened this box of 40 yet).

Well 40 days later, I only went through four pods. Oh course, I've been vaping on my other mods and pods too. But at this rate, 60 MyBlu pods is going to last me 600 days. :facepalm:

Sounds good to me! Haha!

MyBlu Pod (with coil)…$8.99 Vapecrawler

Breeze-2 coil...5 pack-$8.42 = $1.68 Vapecrawler

It's around $2 for each Breeze 2 coil and $4.50 (not $9) for each filled MyBlu pod. You divided by the quantity for the Breeze but not the Myblu. You can find deals on both. I sometimes see Myblu deals in the advertisements on this forum. With the Myblu points, I got 50 cents toward a future purchase with every $1 that I spent. Bill bought 20+40 so he has $30 worth of points to spend on more pods!

But yah, you'll save money buying $2 coils instead of pods. Aspire does charge a whopping $10 for each replacement pod for the Breeze 2. Seems way over priced to me.

For comparison, empty pods for the Smok Infinix and Suorin Air/Drop are around $3-4 each, depending where you shop.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    $4.50 (not $9) for each filled MyBlu pod.

Aspire does charge a whopping $10 for each replacement pod for the Breeze 2.

smoked...you're 142% correct!!!

Guess I saw $9 on Vapecrawler ...was flabbergasted...and did NOT click the link to see that was for 2 of them...

Since the Breeze-2 Pod does NOT contain the coil...its Pod seems like it's more just a "tank"...and thus you'd only need to replace it if it breaks...

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    Tried one of the 40mg intense pods, the neon dream flavor. First nic salts I’ve ever tried and I was surprised there was zero throat hit with it. I wasn’t even sure the battery was working until I exhaled. Felt the nicotine right away, so I guess that’s why people love the higher mg stuff, haha. Flavor was ok, smelled like pink starburst but all I can taste is lemon. Not too bad though, and I’ll finish vaping these just because I like the 40mg. Still feels weird not to have a throat hit though, and they definitely aren’t worth $10 for two in my opinion. Used my points to get these.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Tried one of the 40mg intense pods, the neon dream flavor. First nic salts I’ve ever tried and I was surprised there was zero throat hit with it. I wasn’t even sure the battery was working until I exhaled. Felt the nicotine right away, so I guess that’s why people love the higher mg stuff, haha. Flavor was ok, smelled like pink starburst but all I can taste is lemon. Not too bad though, and I’ll finish vaping these just because I like the 40mg. Still feels weird not to have a throat hit though, and they definitely aren’t worth $10 for two in my opinion. Used my points to get these.
    Do these pods leak/spit, like pods included with the kit?

Reactions: BillW50

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
    Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    I really love this little device hell i tend to use it most of the day just so easy and low key. But man once the moment comes when i can not buy one at my local gas station for a $1 have a feeling I will quit using it. No way in hell I can find a valid way to pay 10 bucks for two pods. Rebuilding looks like a nightmare. Sucks starting to keep my eye out for a cheap aio device that takes coils for mtl stealth. I tried one of them joytech pen devices just not enough flavor at all very cool (neon lighting flashy) but just not much flavor. Pods systems are nice but man just so over priced hardcore.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    snkrumble, I don't know ALL the little devices on the market now, but I do know the Goby. No, it's not a podder, but it is a very small and stealthy little device. I like it VERY much. And bought multiples.

(Next to a Jac)

mini jac 0513181801.jpg

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I really love this little device hell i tend to use it most of the day just so easy and low key. But man once the moment comes when i can not buy one at my local gas station for a $1 have a feeling I will quit using it. No way in hell I can find a valid way to pay 10 bucks for two pods. Rebuilding looks like a nightmare. Sucks starting to keep my eye out for a cheap aio device that takes coils for mtl stealth. I tried one of them joytech pen devices just not enough flavor at all very cool (neon lighting flashy) but just not much flavor. Pods systems are nice but man just so over priced hardcore.
    You don't have to rebuild to refill. I've refilled and rewicked a couple of mine multiple times. I thought about rebuilding the coil but I just don't know enough and those coils are soo tiny! Even if you don't want to bother with a new wick you can 'supposedly' refill each pod 6 times. It's very easy to pop off the bottom, refill it and pop the bottom back on. I use a regular pair of tweezers to pry the bottom off.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    snkrumble, I don't know ALL the little devices on the market now, but I do know the Goby. No, it's not a podder, but it is a very small and stealthy little device. I like it VERY much. And bought multiples.

(Next to a Jac)

View attachment 763047

The Goby may be my next non pod purchase, it’s so cute. Do you like the tank it comes with, Kat?

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I do, Bookworm. It's the fit and size that makes it for me, and the easy fill. For taste and vape, I'd call it "ok". Let's put it this way: I'm glad it came with the Gobitty, but I wouldn't rush around to get more of those tanks.

But it works well, so no komplaints!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread