Blu for $1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
GREAT tip smoked25...it was NOT mentioned in the couple YouTube videos I watched...

I, FINALLY, finished the (terrible) Gold Leaf in the 5 MyBlu's that I was able to order...(I was raised to never waste anything...ever)…

I (quite easily) refilled the Pods with my usual fruit flavored nicotine-6mg. 70%PG/30%VG ejoose...and I'm now REALLY enjoying these little thingies...

Happy it helped!

When they are refilled, do they still spit juice, like the original pods do?

Mine seem to do well with refills. If you get flooding or spitback, take the drip tip off and clean it and clear the chimney. Being able to easily disassemble the pods is one thing that I really appreciate about the design of the Myblu (My Von Erl). Just like flooding on a regular RTA, you can solve the problem by taking it apart. Unfortunately, a lot of other pods aren't as easily disassembled. Or sometimes only part of the pod can be disassembled and the drip tips are integrated or glued on. I do think that Myblu and other brands could benefit from copying Juul and use cotton to absorb spit back. But no company besides Juul has done it.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I wonder if the juice in the original pods are a very high PG, which makes them so spitty.

Well...I refilled mine with 70%PG/30%VG ejoose...(got tired of all the "VG film" on my windows)...and I'm not experiencing any spit-back...

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I wonder if the juice in the original pods are a very high PG, which makes them so spitty.

Well...I refilled mine with 70%PG/30%VG ejoose...(got tired of all the "VG film" on my windows)...and I'm not experiencing any spit-back...

When I first started vaping years ago and I didn't know anything about vaping really. So I ordered some Hangsen USA Mix (tobacco flavor). That was four years ago and I still have the bottle. They don't say the PG/VG ratio, but I barely made a dent in that 50ml bottle. But I swear it has to be near 100% PG. Anything with really high PG tastes like water down Vaseline to me. I just can't vape it. 50/50 is fine but no higher PG. I don't think Blu's Gold Leaf is nothing over than 50PG myself (as I like it). The only good thing I can say about high PG is it is great for a preservative. I don't think that Hangsen juice aged at all in all of these years.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
When I first started vaping years ago and I didn't know anything about vaping really. So I ordered some Hangsen USA Mix (tobacco flavor). That was four years ago and I still have the bottle. They don't say the PG/VG ratio, but I barely made a dent in that 50ml bottle. But I swear it has to be near 100% PG. Anything with really high PG tastes like water down Vaseline to me. I just can't vape it. 50/50 is fine but no higher PG. I don't think Blu's Gold Leaf is nothing over than 50PG myself (as I like it). The only good thing I can say about high PG is it is great for a preservative. I don't think that Hangsen juice aged at all in all of these years.
I hate high VG liquids. The taste, phlegm and film on my windows is nasty. I've been vaping 90 to 100% PG liquids for over 7 1/2 years now and I find the PG flavor better. PG is a better flavor carrier too.

I use high VG liquids for fun cloud making once in a while tho.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I hate high VG liquids. The taste, phlegm and film on my windows is nasty. I've been vaping 90 to 100% PG liquids for over 7 1/2 years now and I find the PG flavor better. PG is a better flavor carrier too.

I use high VG liquids for fun cloud making once in a while tho.
So what does Blu's Gold Leaf taste like to you?

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I just successfully rewicked one of these.

Hope I never become desperate enough for a vape to feel compelled to do that again.

Inspiring, for sure, haha. I haven’t dared try to rewick one but I may eventually give it a try. But by the time I’ve used up all these pods, I may have a few different pod options lying around. :lol:

My overall impressions at this point are still pretty good. I’ve killed a couple of batteries by dropping them one too many times, and a few pods haven’t lasted nearly as long as others, but I’m still pretty happy with it. My complaints are few considering how little I actually spent for all these $1 kits. The gold leaf is too much PG for me at this point as I start to notice a sore throat if I vape it for too long, but I still enjoy it occasionally.

The MyBlu makes for a great vape for Florida summers, no leaks in the heat and easy to take to the beach or pool without worrying about it. Slip it in your pocket and go. :thumb:

0F6C0B53-386E-444E-A27E-E26DEC8394DA.jpeg

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
ricks - I think you are right. If I recall correctly, I messed my coil a little bit while changing the wick. I pulled it out and straightend the coil a bit. I poked it back into the Vee's with a teenie screwdier on the side of the notch flange away from the coil.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
ricks - I think you are right. If I recall correctly, I messed my coil a little bit while changing the wick. I pulled it out and straightend the coil a bit. I poked it back into the Vee's with a teenie screwdier on the side of the notch flange away from the coil.
For me it's the tiny size that is intimidating. When I think about even trying to rebuild it I see all those tiny pieces flipping out of my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread