Calling all ex-smokers.... how long since your last cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Exactly that, I could be wrong in what I'm saying just from personal experience, but after a while I think I depend on it more than being addicted to it.

Many people Define Non-Addiction as Feeling the Same with or Without Someone.

When I 1st Started vaping, I would Feel like :censored: when I Didn't vape. And I Really felt Great when I did.

Today, I really Don't Feel all that much Different when I Don't vape. And I really Don't get all that much out of it when I Do.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
Many people Define Non-Addiction as Feeling the Same with or Without Someone.

When I 1st Started Vaping, I would Feel like :censored: when I Didn't Vape. And I Really felt Great when I did.

Today, I really Don't Feel all that much Different when I Don't Vape. And I really Don't get all that much out of it when I Do.
Yeah, I totally still crave it but not the same as needing a cig.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I used to Vape in the Car.

Then one day I said... Do I really need to take a Hit just take take a 15 Minute drive to the Bank? Or to the Store? So I just would take a Few Hits walking from the Parking Lot to the whatever.

Then One Day I said... Do I really need to take a Hit just to get thru the Parking Lot? So I would just take a Few Hits when I came out. And then Drive Home.

Then One Day I said... Do I even really need to take a Hit when I'm only going to be Gone for 45 Minutes or an Hour? So I just take my Mod with me, but Seldom use it until I get Home.

After awhile, Vaping (to Me) is more Mental than anything else. And I would find Myself Vaping more out of Habit. Then out of Need.

I find that I can't go to the kitchen for a refill without taking a mod with me.
    Seldom do I ever use it, but I HAVE to take it with me. ..... ya just never know :tumble:

Last edited:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Last cigarette was Nov 9, 2009. I found this message board and a week later ordered my first vape kit (from Cignot). I gave myself 10 days to transition, and I was successful, much to my astonishment. I was a very dedicated smoker. I am now a very dedicated vaper.

I used to have smoking dreams but haven't in a long time. And yes, my mod goes everywhere with me. Lol, I am holding it in my left hand as I type.

Taberu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 25, 2016
    I was a +pack-a-day smoker from <1996-2016.

Last "daily cigarette" = around spring 2016.
    I switched cold-turkey and super easily, instantly and in 1 day, because I was so amazed by the vape. I never even wanted to quit smoking, because I was so hooked. I was even a little closed-minded of vaping.

When I switched, I even tested myself with the hardest tests (that really makes you want a cig) - "morning coffee" and "weekend night beers" the first days after switching, with using only vape... and it worked super easily and I did not want a cig at all. The vape was more than satisfactory.

I also measured my resting-heart-rate too, before and after the switch. I went from 70-75bpm to 50-55bpm within 2-3 weeks. A surprisingly vast difference. 50-55bpm is similar to an athlete from what I've read.

Last "occasional cigarette" (a super seldom/rare single stick) = 2018 iirc.
    When I travel internationally (once every year or two), I celebrate by having 1 or 2 cigs at a club or while drinking at night, maybe just 1-2x per week while traveling (ie: 2-5 sticks per week... far far much less than a "pack a day"). These are usually bummed or shared from someone I meet during travels, and I never buy my own pack. I only smoke them to try it out, socialize, conversation, curiosity, etc.. I do not crave it at all, after I have 1 stick.

Cloud_Chaser64

Mar 6, 2021
    New York
    The majority of us know that vaping is at least 95-100% better for our health, than smoking was. And switching to vaping from smoking has worked for us.

I'd love to see a roll call of how long it's been since you last smoked a cigarette. Whether it is 10 years, 10 days, or 10 hours, please post :thumbs:

For me, it is 3 years and 19 days
    It’s been 10 years for me,vaping was the best thing I ever have done.

I remember quitting very well. It was September 15th, 2015.

I was living in Chicago at the time and was paying $13+ for a pack of smokes. For the better part of 2 years I tried to quit(3rd or 4th time for me) and had been smoking butts for weeks out of ash trays around the apartment when I ran in to a neighbor with a funny looking smoke stick!

:headbang:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I remember quitting very well. It was September 15th, 2015.

I was living in Chicago at the time and was paying $13+ for a pack of smokes. For the better part of 2 years I tried to quit(3rd or 4th time for me) and had been smoking butts for weeks out of ash trays around the apartment when I ran in to a neighbor with a funny looking smoke stick!

:headbang:
    I remember my quit date very well too, Sept. 29 2014. I've already posted in this thread, but your post made me want to reply again. $13!?! I went to an obituary in NJ about two decades ago. I was shocked at how much a pack of smokes cost there and in several other states, TX, FL, and NY. I thought I paid a lot for a pack of smokes, almost $6.00. A few days ago I stopped in a convenience store that I hadn't been inside of since I quit smoking and found that the particular cigs I smoked (Indian Spirit Perique) had gone up in price to $8.04!

Taberu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 25, 2016
    I'm from Cali, but moved to and lived in NY twice during 2008-2014.
    So, cig prices were a significant change (at that time, CA was about $6-7/pck and NY was $10-14/pck).

So, when I lived there, I only rolled my own cigs (a pouch of tobacco was about $4-5 and equiv to maybe 1-2 packs). Most people rolled their own cigs there.

Wish I had vaping in those NY days. Would've saved sooo much money and less stress!

I remember my quit date very well too, Sept. 29 2014. I've already posted in this thread, but your post made me want to reply again. $13!?! I went to an obituary in NJ about two decades ago. I was shocked at how much a pack of smokes cost there and in several other states, TX, FL, and NY. I thought I paid a lot for a pack of smokes, almost $6.00. A few days ago I stopped in a convenience store that I hadn't been inside of since I quit smoking and found that the particular cigs I smoked (Indian Spirit Perique) had gone up in price to $8.04!

Hahahahahaha, I think they are $15 a pack in Chicago now!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm from Cali, but moved to and lived in NY twice during 2008-2014.
    So, cig prices were a significant change (at that time, CA was about $6-7/pck and NY was $10-14/pck).

So, when I lived there, I only rolled my own cigs (a pouch of tobacco was about $4-5 and equiv to maybe 1-2 packs). Most people rolled their own cigs there.

Wish I had vaping in those NY days. Would've saved sooo much money and less stress!

I RYO'd a lot when I smoked in the last couple years but I mostly bought cans of Top. Was so cheap to RYO. Being a 2.5-3 PAD smoker I was amazed at how I would always have cash in my wallet when I was doing RYO lol. It was cheap because it was taxed in a different class than cigarettes. Not sure if it's still cheap because I remember at that time they were always talking about raising the tax on RYO.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Seldom do I ever use it, but I HAVE to take it with me. ..... ya just never know :tumble:
    Yep, weather permitting, I got for a fairly lengthy (45-60 minutes) walk with my wife every day. I do not vape on those walks, but somehow I feel I must take a device with me. I mean, what would happen if one of us broke a leg or something and we couldn't get back to the house? That would be quite stressful and I'd really want a vape then!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yep, weather permitting, I got for a fairly lengthy (45-60 minutes) walk with my wife every day. I do not vape on those walks, but somehow I feel I must take a device with me. I mean, what would happen if one of us broke a leg or something and we couldn't get back to the house? That would be quite stressful and I'd really want a vape then!

Never know, could even use that mod as a self-defense device if needed. Never know.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Never know, could even use that mod as a self-defense device if needed. Never know.
    That would not be my first choice; it's a wooden mod.

Besides, I carry another, purpose-built self-defense device. :sneaky:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread