Calling all ex-smokers.... how long since your last cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilroy

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Charlotte, NC
11.146 years ago this hour, I received my first cigalike and accidentally ended my 35-year smoking habit the same afternoon.
I had been buying from the Ukraine and had 5-6 cartons on hand. Quitting had been inconceivable and I was stocked up with no plans to quit smoking. A week or so later, I lit one and tried to smoke it, out of curiosity. It was nasty! So, that last (half consumed cigarette) was about 11.1 years ago.

Thanks to all the great people I found on ECF who helped me in the early quest for a good vape!
I can identify with that. I couldn't have done it without the help of the wonderful folks that I've met here.

wave42

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New Mexico
The majority of us know that vaping is at least 95-100% better for our health, than smoking was. And switching to vaping from smoking has worked for us.

I'd love to see a roll call of how long it's been since you last smoked a cigarette. Whether it is 10 years, 10 days, or 10 hours, please post :thumbs:

For me, it is 3 years and 19 days

11 years, 2 months.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yep, weather permitting, I got for a fairly lengthy (45-60 minutes) walk with my wife every day. I do not vape on those walks, but somehow I feel I must take a device with me. I mean, what would happen if one of us broke a leg or something and we couldn't get back to the house? That would be quite stressful and I'd really want a vape then!

Heck, I have two on me when I go out to cut the grass :facepalm:

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
7 years no stinkies. Smoked 40 years, couldn't quit any other way.

Had a smoking dream last night. Someone in my dream was calling me out for smoking, I was like yah it was a habit for so many years I forgot I quit for a day.

Glad I woke up from that one. :)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Never know, could even use that mod as a self-defense device if needed. Never know.
    Innokin iTaste 134 Mini
    20171227.png

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Had a smoking dream last night. Someone in my dream was calling me out for smoking, I was like yah it was a habit for so many years I forgot I quit for a day.
    A few times in the not so distant past I have dreamt that while visiting some old friends in Maryland, I smoked instead of vaped.

Reactions: AngeNZ
    That would not be my first choice; it's a wooden mod.

Besides, I carry another, purpose-built self-defense device. :sneaky:

I carry knives. Right now it's a 4 inch Spyderco Native Chief in S90V. But to be honest with you, I carried it for my small Bichon, in case he was attacked. Where I live right now, the crime rate is very low.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I started vaping in early 2010. Three months later I was still smoking 3 or 4 cigs a day (down from 2PAD) and decided I'd finish the last pack and see what happens. I didn't buy another pack and just vaped a little heavier for a while. I never smoked another cigarette after that. Vaping was the cure. So, 10 years later and still vaping. I haven't even been tempted to smoke again, even when others are smoking around me.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    June of 2012. Quit with a Janty eGo, upgraded to VV stick and Kanger T3, then finally found my way to REOVille. It's been nearly nine years, my gear is old (so am I) and most of the Vendors I knew when I started have closed shop and been forgotten.
    But I still haven't smoked tobacco since June of 2012.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread