Calling all ex-smokers.... how long since your last cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Got to be over 3 years now when I started vaping. I was lucky and able to quit smoking immediately. I started to take a puff of one last winter but the smell reminded me of the main reason I stopped smoking. The stench. So fortunately it never got past my lips!!

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I honestly don't know. I have to play mental games with myself especially at the beginning that I wasn't quitting smoking that I would have another cigarette whenever I wanted one just so happened that I didn't want one so I never like wrote down the day. But probably getting close to 6 years

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
I started smoking while in the military and continued for over 30 years. On entering my senior years I realized that growing old was hard enough on my health without adding the harmful effects of tobacco. My last cigarette was in early 2011. I socialize with a number of smokers and the thought of lighting up a cigarette never enters my mind. While the risk reduction in transitioning from cigarettes to vaping is still being researched, I know my health is better in having switched to vaping. People smoke for the nicotine but die from the tar.

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2016
April fools day 2016. I had just left the doctors office where a chest X-ray showed a spot on my lung. I had a 1/2 pack that I threw out the car window. I had smoked for 60 years and never once considered quitting until then. I’ve not put a cigarette in my mouth since that day and wouldn’t even if you put a gun in my head. The spot was cancer. After the surgeon took the upper lobe off of my right lung he had over 30 lymph nodes tested that were all negative. No chemo or radiation needed. I’m a lucky man.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I honestly have no idea. I struggled for years after I started vaping. I started out guilting myself almost into depression over slipping. For some time I would still smoke one in the morning and then vape and use snus the rest of the day without issue. I don't remember the date but one day I just woke up and didn't want that first cigarette in the morning. It didn't help any that my wife still smokes and there was always that pack and lighter sitting in the garage. I don't blame her for my issues. At one point I was vaping, using snus, and nasal snuff along with vaping some wta. I really think it was a mental block rather than any kind of physical addiction that kept me wanting to smoke. I still use snus and vape but that is enough to keep me level now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread