Can You Explain Temp Control Vaping to an Old Fart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
JAC dna 75, 316L SS, TC 405 -425 F, 0.60 Ohms +/-, 20 Watts with a 40 Watt heat-up. I use the warmer in the early AM and then by evening I am at 405 F. Very very satisfying. This thread has been an eye opener, I would have been a long time to TC without it.
Many thanks to Papaw for starting it. Many thanks to Mike Petro, although I was not capable of understanding most of your thread, I was able to discern that getting towards 450 F increased risk.
One thing hit me, the "Button Combinations" will be different. Actually there are so many of them that it is hard to remember them. That was a weakness with DNA boards up until the Color Menus which made everything a lot easier.

Here is a handy "Cheat Sheet" for all the functions like Ohms Lock, Stealth Mode, etc that was posted on the Evolv forum. It is a credit card size list of all the functions and the button combos. It says "DNA250" but it still applies to your DNA75 as well.

Attachments

• DNA250-cheatsheet-v1.0.pdf
    91 KB · Views: 28

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
One thing hit me, the "Button Combinations" will be different. Actually there are so many of them that it is hard to remember them. That was a weakness with DNA boards up until the Color Menus which made everything a lot easier.

Here is a handy "Cheat Sheet" for all the functions like Ohms Lock, Stealth Mode, etc that was posted on the Evolv forum. It is a credit card size list of all the functions and the button combos. It says "DNA250" but it still applies to your DNA75 as well.

Very nice, thank you.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Nope. Just used what was already there.

You can do the same with a DNA, however, if you want to get the "most" out of the device, Escribe is a valuable tool.

ArticFox does much the same for many Chinese boards like the eLeaf.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You can do the same with a DNA, however, if you want to get the "most" out of the device, Escribe is a valuable tool.

ArticFox does much the same for many Chinese boards like the eLeaf.
Here's the list of Arctic Fox compatible devices as of 09/12/17. Eleaf has released several new devices since this was published. I think Wismec has, too. Each has been added by the folks at NFE shortly after the device's release.

All of these use a version of the "JoyeTech" chipset.

upload_2018-2-2_15-30-40.png

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
For those new to the DNA if you follow this link (EVOLV - Home) and look under Escribe software there are several tutorials. If you review them and play with Escribe it all makes sense and is intuitive and very easy to understand and dial in the components of the vape you want. The DNA75C makes it a no brainer being able to adjust pretty much everything on the mod.
There is a vast wealth of knowledge on the Evolv Forum and vapers to help and answer questions.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
For those new to the DNA if you follow this link (EVOLV - Home) and look under Escribe software there are several tutorials. If you review them and play with Escribe it all makes sense and is intuitive and very easy to understand and dial in the components of the vape you want. The DNA75C makes it a no brainer being able to adjust pretty much everything on the mod.
There is a vast wealth of knowledge on the Evolv Forum and vapers to help and answer questions.

I'll come back to this in a month or so, when the slow boat from China finally gets here. :thumb:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Here is what my main screen looks like on my 75C. In the left pic the watts are highlighted by the cursor but not selected for edit, on the right it has been selected for edit. My cursor/selector is set as purple but it really looks more like a dark blue on the real screen. Also I made the text Yellow when that field is in edit mode. This is essentially just a recolor of the UI DJLsb put out.

Since this pic was taken I added a clock where the battery is, and moved the battery to where the bottom row of icons are (moving the info and preheat under settings).

75cmainscreen-jpg.712757

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Here is what my main screen looks like on my 75C. In the left pic the watts are highlighted by the cursor but not selected for edit, on the right it has been selected for edit. My cursor/selector is set as purple but it really looks more like a dark blue on the real screen. Also I made the text Yellow when that field is in edit mode. This is essentially just a recolor of the UI DJLsb put out.

Since this pic was taken I added a clock where the battery is, and moved the battery to where the bottom row of icons are (moving the info and preheat under settings).

75cmainscreen-jpg.712757
Does it have weather reports for Lizard Lick, NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread