Can you really clean atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Actually acetone is not harmful to the health as long as basic sensible precautions are taken.
But we all know that not everyone is sensible, and will take even the most basic of precautions. Look at the numbers of overdoses, poisonings, and accidental shootings, just to mention a few. People in general take the strangest risks at times.

I just wouldn't want someone to be hurt over something that I approved of. If boiling in water works, that's the safest recommendation. (Or is it?) Who will be the first one to get seriously burned by doing something stupid?

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
There is also non acetone remover. As I recall it works as well as the kind with acetone, We stoped getting the regular kind when my daughgter started using it. You know how teenagers are, spill anything and everything.

Non-acetone huh? Find out what chemicals are in it before you try it.

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
I tried effervescent dental cleaner tablets on a 901 atomizer that had increasingly weaker vapor and tougher draw. The brand of tablets I used was Efferdent. Sad to say I can't report any improvement (even though I did see black specks on the foam rising from the tablets after about twenty minutes). Maybe I didn't leave it long enough--the box says it's safe to leave your false teeth in the cleaner all night, if you want.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I tried effervescent dental cleaner tablets on a 901 atomizer that had increasingly weaker vapor and tougher draw. The brand of tablets I used was Efferdent. Sad to say I can't report any improvement (even though I did see black specks on the foam rising from the tablets after about twenty minutes). Maybe I didn't leave it long enough--the box says it's safe to leave your false teeth in the cleaner all night, if you want.

Chuffer--Yes, unfortunatly the residue is way to hard for the Efferdent to work among many other things --but new posting coming soon that is more then promising---Sun

maximilian

Apr 2, 2009
I did the lemon juice on one of mine that was showing signs of poor vaping.
It's working great right now.
I think the lemon juice would be good as a weekly maintenance.
I have only had my e-cigs for a little over two weeks.
So not a lot of time to let a lot of build up clog it up too much.
I have two 901's and two 801's and hit off of them all day.
I was a chain smoker so I like taking hit after hit.
I basically hit all 4 and then repeat.
So neither of them get all the wear and tear of hard daily usage that just one would get.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
If anyone is thinking of using acetone to clean their atomizer,
or e-cig parts: (as mentioned earlier in this thread)

(Click a picture to enlarge)

Various plastic bits from DES901 & Joye510:

After 2 hours in acetone

Clear liquor from the above, then added some de-ionised water

Not really too good for your bits then,
although the DSE901 silicone rubber grommets almost survived.
the Joye510 (not silicone) rubber grommet - didn't.

You'd probably get a similar result with ethyl-acetate, smells like pear-drops
(as in nail polish remover).

Withnail

Feb 26, 2009
boiling might work if the build up water soluable and I don't think it is.. We using oils and they just don't break down with water alone.. just my humble opinion

Actually propylene glycol is in the alcohol rather than the oil family and as such is miscible with water. That's not to say that the miscellaneous gunk left from vaping responds well to just water, however.

We'll soon find out - fed up with the rapid performance deterioration of my 3 new atomizers I'm about to to try boiling 2 of them. I'll have to quit this hobby if I'm going to to get through 2 atomizers a week.

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
Yes, one day e-cigarettes might be as banned as online poker...
Not unless you want them to and impose a ban on yourself.
DW

i imagine myself one day driving across town to pick up my bottle of controlled substance ( ejuice ) and banned paraphernalia ( atomizer and carts and batteries ) - for a $ 200 bargain

and then driving all the way back home paranoid about being stopped by the oh fish alls

well maybe the fda can't get a worldwide ban going but don't let them talk to much to the united nations or the globalist elite military industrial complex about how they can make black market money off of it or maybe they will just tax every person on the planet like they are about to do over carbon dioxide by saying it is a poison and killing the planet

they will say that nicotine is a life force prime derivative of essential world well being and claim that every molecule of release of nicotine takes away from the gaiah earth god goodness that holds the world together so everyone must join in to pay for keeping it under control

i would say that statement would make more sense than carbon dioxide is bad - i guess everyone in the educated world above age 7 knows that plants breathe carbon dioxide -

even though everyone knows that about co2 they still lay down to the elitist's dogma that it is poison and killing the planet

so then also - if they say so - then everyone will believe that nicotine is the planet god oil that has to be controlled and those same ...... will consent to a ban or tax

Last edited:

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
If anyone is thinking of using acetone to clean their atomizer,
or e-cig parts: (as mentioned earlier in this thread)

(Click a picture to enlarge)

Various plastic bits from DES901 & Joye510:

Not really too good for your bits then,
although the DSE901 silicone rubber grommets almost survived.
the Joye510 (not silicone) rubber grommet - didn't.

You'd probably get a similar result with ethyl-acetate, smells like pear-drops
(as in nail polish remover).

thanks for that info - i have a whole can of acetone here that i was thinking about trying but not now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread