CBS requests information from DC area vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Big Pharma would not approve of any product being featured on CBS
which would be in competition with their gums, patches, and pills.

I'm sure CBS doesn't want to risk upsetting BP and or risk loosing
their advertising money.

Edit: The truth is getting out there ...
No thanks to the "mainstream" media

Last edited:

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
I'd like to think they were so intrigued by the entire debate that they decided to do some more in-depth research.
It would be nice if they were planning a hard-hitting expose along the lines of 60 minutes.

Well, one can dream...

Ugh, this reminded me of the story 60 Minutes did on snus, where the snus user was just about the absolute worst representation of a user possible -- 60 Minutes: Snus - YouTube

- He bragged about using snus constantly throughout his daily life, often at the same time as smoking.
- He was a heavy smoker, and if snus had caused him to actually cut down on his smoking, 60 Minutes didn't air that part.
- When the interviewer absurdly and patronizingly warned him that using snus and smoking was like doubling the harm, he responded correctly that snus is less hazardous, but without being prompted cited his source as Wikipedia.

Not to mention they featured newly-minted CDC employee Karla Sneegas (then with Indiana DOH) pushing her bogus 'studies' on youth and smokeless tobacco.

At least they had Dr. Karl Fagerstrom to give some common sense.

Thank the lord we have Elaine and Dr. Polosa.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I have emailed my local CBS station to ask when it will air. I have no answer yet, but another board member learned that it will be aired at 4 pm in her area (CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM). That is in Massachusetts.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the spin isn't too negative.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Here's the CBS Healthwatch page, for anyone who wants to check it out. The piece has not been posted yet as of 1:48 pm.

Health News and Videos - CBS News
Went to that link and only found another link to an infomercial for one of those "free trial" offers for pretty crappy little e-cigs... Unfortunately, I did not find anything that was really from CBS... Hopefully that information is forthcoming.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread