ce2 ceramic cartomizer for kr808d-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quendelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
Clovis, CA
Just received my CE2 ceramic cartomizers, from Vapor Junction, this morning. These are the Royal Smokers brand. They have 4 airslots on the base of the cartomizer, shiny chrome sticker. Needless to say, I was waiting for these with mixed feelings of hopefulness and skepticism. My regular cartomizers have been giving me nothing but grief. I mean, do I have to suck on them like a Hoover to get any action? And cleaning and re filling, that's another story.
Well, I can say my initial reaction after my first draw was, OMG, I love these! Yes they do require a little dexterity to fill. And they do have a funny smell. When I pried off the cap, and then the little rubber washer, I noticed an oil film. I got a q-tip, dampened it with alcohol and swabbed this out. Then I noticed the little holes were a bit small, so I widened then, with a little wiggle of a pin. Not much, just enough to allow easy insertion of the filler tube. Next I screwed the cart on, took enough puffs without filling or inhaling, to get rid of any liquid left inside. Once the vapor was gone, I filled my syringe with a little less than 1 ml. Put on the adapter tip and slid it in one hole, emptied half, then the other side. Then, in went the washer, flat side down. I pushed this flush with the fill-hole ring. Then on with the mouthpiece, and let it sit for a minute. No leaking. Took a draw, vaping heaven. I can draw on it like a regular cigarette and get a lot of vapor. Or I can puff on it, using a primer puff, and create a fog cloud. These have the ease of draw, like an analog. Though 100% VG juice is a little stiffer on the draw, than 100% PG. I tried both juices. I filled four in less than 15 minutes. No leaking or over-filling. I made sure the little filler tube went all the way down the hole. Now, I will see how long this lasts me, as far as having to refill. How to tell when I need to refill, and how long I can keep re filling before I have to toss them.
They do have a plastic smell when you first take off the mouthpiece and clean them before your first filling. And also when prepping them (dry-burning). But this does go away. I never tasted plastic, but did smell this. But the alcohol and dry-burn took care of that. I'm thinking a lubricant of some kind is used to slip the cup and gaskets inside because of the tight fit. No trace of it now. The only negatives are minor, lack of cartridge colors and only one adapter tip. Easy solve on the colors, I just peeled some off some of the sticker from the old carts I had, and put them on top of the shiny sliver new ones. That's about all those old carts are good for anyway, and extra mouthpieces. The adapter, I can see possibly breaking because the tube is so small. Maybe if it were a little stiffer, that would help. But then it wouldn't be flexible enough to go all the way into the cup. If they sold a 5 pak of spares, that would be nice. Otherwise, nothing negative, to speak of.
I can taste the honey in my Honey-flue cured VG juice, for the first time! So all in all, great taste, vapor, thick warm smooth throat hit. And no need for primer puff if I don't want to. These are rated at 3 ohms. I love them so far and will be back in a week to update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread