Cellucotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Just tried cellucotton for the first time today courtesy of a member who was nice enough to send some all the way from New York to Hawaii. I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The flavor comes out very clean and there doesn't seem to be a break in period. Following the suggestions of others, I pulled as much as I could through the coil without distorting it, and the juice still wicks perfectly. It's really absorbent and holds much more juice compared to cotton and you can use more of it without choking the coils. All in all this stuff is awesome. I love my organic cotton, but cellucotton takes the cake.

I'm glad you found Rayon brother! :D The stuff is absolutely awesome, it wicks fast, but more-so consistently. I think that's the main benefit of cellucotton myself, is if you need a wick that will suck every last DROP to the coils, and do it fairly quickly, than it's definitely what your looking for.

The ONLY minor niggle that I have with Cellucotton, is that it's not quite as tough as cotton is (more sensitive to heat/dry burning, meaning if you accidentally vape it a little dry, it's pretty likely to burn on you, which tastes bad (like anything burnt lol). Granted it moves juice around so evenly that it's hard to actually burn it, BUT if you do, it's a little worse than cotton when you get a dry hit. My wick was charred light brown after one accidental dry-burn, and most alarmingly it gave me a headache, this has happened a couple of time while using cellu-cotton, I'm usually very good at dripping so that I don't get a dry hit, but since it's so darn sensitive to heat, a dry burn can happen in a flash.

Something about it doesn't taste right to me, like a dry-burned cotton has a paper-y taste (if it happens, it's tougher and never happens to me), where-as cellu-cotton tastes something similar to plastic (I don't want to scare anybody, CC is only wood-pulp, and some type of binder, not technically harmful), and like I said every time I got a dry hit, an almost immediate headache would happen for a few minutes, it could just be me, but cotton just feels cleaner, and is definitely tougher (good for a sub-ohmer like me).

If you don't vape with high heat then CC is absolutely perfect, I can tell it improves flavor because it made my juices noticeably sweeter :D. It truly shines in an RBA like a Kayfun especially, or a non-sub ohm genesis tank. It's a godsend for those devices that are notorious for having tricky wicking situations.

Hope this helps! I have about a mile of CC I'm thinking about giving away soon, I may start a thread on it if anyones interested :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread