Coil help

Status
Not open for further replies.

J double u

Sep 7, 2019
i have been vaping on mech mods for a couple years and enjoy it. I recently received a Nasy box mod, triple 21700 using 30t’s and running in series. I’m really confused as what build to throw on it. Max down to .40 which I’m not looking at. I’ve tried a couple 26 and 24ga kanthal 13 to 16 wrap on 3mm. Built from .50 to .75 juice is still burning before leaving coil. Looking for a good warm vape. Any thoughts?????

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I cannot find details on the mod but I'm assuming it's unregulated. Three batteries in series is 12.6 volts, at 0.7 ohms that's 226 watts and at 0.5 oms 317 watts.

By most peoples standards that is an enormous amount of power. You bought a very powerful mod, that appears to be too powerful... :)
You just need to use higher resistance coils to bring the wattage down to a level that works for you. Remember high power levels will need sufficiently efficient wicking, and an appropriately large amount of airflow to match.

You could try using a thinner wire like 28G, I personally find it too thin to be practical.

I modeled the following dual coil setup that results in a theoretical 132 watts, give that a try and if its still too hot then add more wraps.
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I still wonder why mechs are so attractive to some, when regulated mods can fill the bill more safely.

Specs say that it can be configured for series and parallel and apparently does pulse width modulation.

https://www.modzbynasy.com/product/triple-21700-nasy
Hidden Magnets in door!!!
Series good down to 0.4 ohm
Parallel good down to 0.1 ohm
PWM good down to 0.4 ohm

• Agree

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
i have been vaping on mech mods for a couple years and enjoy it. I recently received a Nasy box mod, triple 21700 using 30t’s and running in series. I’m really confused as what build to throw on it. Max down to .40 which I’m not looking at. I’ve tried a couple 26 and 24ga kanthal 13 to 16 wrap on 3mm. Built from .50 to .75 juice is still burning before leaving coil. Looking for a good warm vape. Any thoughts?????
In all my series builds I use 4mm id on my coils. You might even try using 4.5mm id or 5mm id. At .75 ohms that's still 211 watts.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Series mods like higher resistance (I wouldn't dip below 0.6 ohms) and beefy, textured coils.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I still wonder why mechs are so attractive to some
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's very simple: They do not fail in mysterious ways. E.g. I've never had a mech insist on running more power (or a higher temperature) than I want because it believe the UP button was stuck (when in fact it wasn't). A quality mech is something that will last a lifetime. The downside is there's a bit of maintenance involved (keeping contacts clean) and there's the question of safety.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's very simple: They do not fail in mysterious ways. E.g. I've never had a mech insist on running more power (or a higher temperature) than I want because it believe the UP button was stuck (when in fact it wasn't). A quality mech is something that will last a lifetime. The downside is there's a bit of maintenance involved (keeping contacts clean) and there's the question of safety.

I agree that mechs are solid devices, but still have the necessity for an experienced user who understands enough technical theory and has sufficient lithium battery savvy to stay out of trouble with borderline builds and potential short conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread