ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Regrettably, I read nothing in that article that says..."These people WERE NOT VAPING e liquid." The article is full of references to vaping and e-cigarettes and the general non-vaping public will come away from this article thinking that vaping is dangerous because of vitamin e.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Regrettably, I read nothing in that article that says..."These people WERE NOT VAPING e liquid." The article is full of references to vaping and e-cigarettes and the general non-vaping public will come away from this article thinking that vaping is dangerous because of vitamin e.
    The Denver Post article seemed quite clear about it. It said in several places that the problematic ingredient was found in MJ products, and most importantly that, "lab tests found nothing unusual in nicotine products that had been collected from sick patients."

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    The Denver Post article seemed quite clear about it. It said in several places that the problematic ingredient was found in MJ products, and most importantly that, "lab tests found nothing unusual in nicotine products that had been collected from sick patients."
    Good. At least one place is reporting it correctly.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    Vaping could be nicotine or other products. I've read a couple of articles including this one, and they didn't blame ecigs.

New York State Suspects Vitamin E May Have Played a Role in Vaping Illnesses

The state said that the vitamin E compound was found in tests of cannabis products, but not in the nicotine-based products it tested, a finding consistent with reports from doctors that many illnesses have been linked to people using a vaping device for marijuana.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    https://beta.washingtonpost.com/hea...eadly-lung-illnesses-state-federal-labs-show/

This article lays out what they were vaping....Not mentionable here though

Vitamin E acetate is basically grease, said Michelle Francl, a chemistry professor at Bryn Mawr College. Its molecular structure means that “you have to heat it up pretty hot” for it to vaporize. Its boiling point is 363 degrees Fahrenheit, which is well above the 212 degrees F boiling point for water, and nearly four times higher than normal human body temperature.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I will not be vaping oils. I still like my toast slightly burnt. They say it's more carcinogenic than gently brown toast but we all need areas where we can live a little dangerously.

Still I believe I would rather not vape WHATEVER is/was in those things it was just a little to rapid and effective for my tastes.

And I would drink STERNO... Once. Just to see what it was like. Fortunately for me, I got to quit before that day came. I'd still be all INTEREST though, like peering over sterno maker's like shoulder and stuff.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread