Creative Minds needed- Recycle your Lavatube clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
Many of you may have experienced the dreaded 510 connector stripping out on your lavatube knock-off. I have decided rather than tossing the thing in the trash, to use the internals to build a mod of some kind.

I believe the model I have is the young june. 3-6 volt VV- orange-ish/red screen.

YJ.jpg

I know there are some awful creative folks here in the forum and any/all ideas are appreciated....

My criteria? None! just want to have some fun.

Happy New year

beamrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
C-Bus
20130101_112531 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is what I use at work, I originally started with 1st gen LT guts, but burnt it up a few weeks ago. Grabbed one like the one you have pictured and made another box for it. It has a matching wood front that is held on by the 3 pins, and the magnet in the top right corner. Pretty big, but fits in my back pocket easily, can't break, or snap the tank off, etc, when I bend over/move around. The tank is an Apollo 6ml that I modified to use Kanger T3 coils, it's refilled by removing the set screw in the side of the tank. 6ml lasts me thru a workday easily. The atty connector is what originally comes on the Apollo tank, it's eGo threaded, so no adapter needed. The whole thing is pretty beastly, but I don't have to baby it.

beamrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
C-Bus
Yeah, the front panel just pops off, to change the battery, or fill the tank. I only use that tank with this setup, so I don't have to fool with changing voltage or anything like that. If I start with a fresh battery and a full tank, I can get thru a workday easily, sometimes I'll get 2 days. I made the box out of bamboo flooring scraps.

in4mati0n11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Tampa
Sha-wing!!!! Nice!!

That is what I'm talkin about! Dont know if I'd ever be able to get it on an airplane, but that thing looks sweet!!

I use the 1590G and added a 2$ piece of plexiglass for the cover on this one. The sides of the box have a very slight angle to them so I file them down to square the box off. The aluminum is pretty easy to drill too

View attachment 165522

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
Sha-wing!!!! Nice!!

That is what I'm talkin about! Dont know if I'd ever be able to get it on an airplane, but that thing looks sweet!!

I took it into a bar the other night and had to answer alot of questions... definitely an attention getter! I put a piece of tint on the cover after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread