crippledbazooka's M601/602 Thread (questions, issues, knowledge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can relate, if i want the ptb out its a 2 tweezer operation. but i usually just top up the carts w/ 6 drops. all u need is a paperclip to do that.

What I have started doing with regard to this problem is to push the cup to the top of the mouth piece (I don't pull it out all the way, unless I want to clean out the inside of the mouth piece with a q-tip) and drop my fluid into the cup, then all I have to do is use the atty to gently press the cup back inside the mouth piece. This serves two purposes: 1. I don't have to drip fluid onto the bridge, 2. Less mess in refilling, and all I need is one paper clip.

I have found that the overall draw of the 601/602 is definitely stiffer than other models I have tried (Luci, 510, DSE 103). New attys have a lighter draw than my older attys, however. I blow them out quite regularly (once or twice a day), but over time, the draw becomes tougher, regardless of cleaning and blowing. So, my conclusion is that adding an additional two holes might open up the draw on newer atomizers, but over time they may just become stiffer anyhow. Still, if anybody mods an atty to four holes, please post your results here. I'd love to know how that improves the device. I LOVE my 601 and 602, and while my first two atomizers died within days of receiving them, the replacements have been functioning quite well for multiple weeks, now. Flavor is much bolder through this device than through my 510 and as such has become my go-to device.

ricklovesnic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Dallas, TX
@inicapem:
If you're getting a foul taste, it may be that your atty needs to be fully cleaned, not just blown out. If you search for cleaning methods here on the boards, you'll come up with about a billion different methods from rinsing in cold water to boiling to soaking in cola to denture cleaning tablets. I was quite cavalier about my cleaning method and used the "crest pro health" mouthwash, followed by a "rinse" in 95% grain alcohol. I hadn't lost an atty until I had my first 602 atty die on me yesterday. Was vaping along just fine on some tobacco extraction that I had made and mixed up with VG when all of a sudden the vapor stopped. I swapped batteries and that (obviously) didn't fix the issue. I took out the multimeter and tried to measure resistance, got no reading. I guess the coil itself just died altogether. I have no idea if my homemade liquid played a part in this, but I have been using my 602 as my primary PV since my order placed on 12/2 arrived. My PV has been dropped more than a few times from mouth height unto the concrete floor in my condo, so I have no real complaints about overall lifetime of these parts. It was just weird that it died so suddenly.

-q

jasezero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
NJ
Well...i've had my M602 for over a month now...still on the first atty. I blow it out once a day, and started using the blue foam as the filler.

The only thing I've ever had an issue with is not getting as much of a throat hit I'd like. The other issue I had (which was more because of newbie experience) was overfilling the cart and getting liquid in my mouth. That hasn't happened much at all.

Overall, I really like it. I do wish the battery lasted longer (i get through about half a day tops) and that there was a USB passthrough. Other than that, i'm very happy with it.

Worutaa

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
I've officially retired my M6xx... near the end I was dripping, got good puff, but still a pita... then the remaining atomizer I had started tasting foul. Put it all in the nifty little box that it came in, and it's now buried in my vape-chest. 510 is just more reliable, cheaper, and I get a better experience with my vaping. YMMV obviously.

Fedor, I'm wondering if you have ordered the 10 pack of atomizers from Absolute Ecigs and if you have any comments on their quality and longevity. At $6 per atomizer, it seems like a pretty good deal. But if they are like the five pack of 510 atomizers from Totally Wicked, I think I'll hold off on trying to save the money.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I got the 10pcs atomiser and so far so good. Of course, i have not used all 10 of them. Only did some random testing. My orders from absolutely ecigs has always had a consistent quality to it so i'm not that worried. The genuine Smoore atties should all be the same no matter where you get it from. This should make sense. The only difference may be that some supplier may hold older stocks and we all know that electronics can and may deteriorate after being kept for some time, especially if storing conditions are not ideal.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Ok so... back at the beginning of the month I was involved in and won a contest that electronic-cigz.com was holding in their sub-forum.

So I had been looking at their site quite a bit and had kept wondering what the difference was between the 40x and 60x series.

I have a couple of different 40x series devices so I know what they are like. Looking at the pictures on the site I could see that the batteries for the 60x didn't have the threads sticking out the way the 40x do but also the image for the 60x atomizers seems to be the exact same image as is used for the 40x. So that had me wondering but I hadn't gotten around to asking Sean about it.

Now happening across this thread this morning I have to say that I think I am more confused than I was before. Looking at your sig line you would probably be the best one to answer this Fedor.

From what I've come across in this thread the 60x has the same threads as the 40x but in reverse. Now I know this is also the case with the 702(803). I also know that the 510 has the same threads as the 702(803) and I can use a 510 atty on a 702(803) battery but I cannot use a 702(803) atty on a 510 battery as it is to short to grab the threads. But most of you seem to be looking for an adapter for 510 to 60x. So are the threads for the 60x the exact same ones as the 702(803) and thus the need/want for an adapter? Or is the 60x yet another variation in length on the same set of threads as all the others?

hello ECF Members,
just got my m601 pcc kit....& bummed to find it didn't come with a manual...i figured out how to use the pv thanks to the forum...but now i cant figure out how to use the pcc... i don't know if its charging when its done charging and when the pcc itself is charged if somebody has one pls educate me:confused: ...lol..thank u...btw I'm ... hyped about the whole experience so far....great vapor...good throat hit...but the flavor is a lil lacking but that may be due to my inexperience or the e-liquid flavor i got which is crystal liquid: French vanilla....not very coffee ish or vanillaish...lol..but when i drip its pretty darn good...lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread