DIY Master Techniques - Flavor Add-on's (EM, VW, BW, MTS, ACV, ect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Not really trying to flame, but since sucralose is poison (and tastes terrible anyway) wouldn't vaporizing it be bad?

I've been vaping it for years. Not dead. Actually in better health than quite awhile. Poison is in the dose not the substance. Oxygen is toxic, the key is to not take in a quantity that makes it poison.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Not really trying to flame, but since sucralose is poison (and tastes terrible anyway) wouldn't vaporizing it be bad?

Poison? Come on! I'm diabetic and depend on it. Aspartame and others including inulin and stevia, however, causes me tinnitus among other nerve impairing conditions. Before I buy any juice or flavoring that's sweet, I ask the vendor what its sweetened with because sucralose is the only one I trust. I've used it for more than 25 years without incident. BTW, anyone who buys sucralose sweetener from a vendor should be careful unless it specificially state "100% sucralose" as using two types of sweeteners is common to increase sweetness. That's fine if you don't have a problem with sweeteners other than sucralose but my reaction to others is pretty extreme and immediate. Just be careful when you see that pink packet graphic, it doesn't mean its 100% sucralose unless it says that specifically.

Reactions: AllenH

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And your point is.......? Do you think it would be a good idea to vape from a steam iron? I don't get what your inferring here. Are you implying that putting salt in an atty will give you more vapor? If your going to vape salt, use the pharmaceutical sodium chloride. The same stuff that's been used since the early sixties in Respiratory Therapy treatments.

Hmmm.... travel irons and other steamers used on fabric rely on salt to produce plums of steam to remove wrinkles and you just put table salt in those.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
And your point is.......? Do you think it would be a good idea to vape from a steam iron? I don't get what your inferring here. Are you implying that putting salt in an atty will give you more vapor? If your going to vape salt, use the pharmaceutical sodium chloride. The same stuff that's been used since the early sixties in Respiratory Therapy treatments.

No need for hostility. Just thinking out loud since I had asked about salt (sodium chloride) caking or killing atties.. then remembered sodium chloride used with other heating devices.. my steamer, floor steamer, iron, etc. Sheesh... give me a break... not dense enough to pour diluted table salt in my carto... however sodium chloride is sodium chloride... otherwise known as salt usually to creat a saline ph... at least that's what I recall from my chemistry classes... dilution (concentration) is the key to safe use with an atty if using at all. I just put some in my eye and up my nose this morning and it didn't burn but last year I swished table salt (stronger) on my raw gums and it did... think concentration might have been a factor? I didn't use a pool test kit but I'm sure it was quite basic.

Last edited:

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No hostile intent. I was just trying to figure out the point of your post.

Yeh. Putting salt in your eye and up your nose. Don't you hate it when that happens. As for swishing on raw gums... I only do that after I have eaten old razor blades.

No need for hostility. Just thinking out loud since I had asked about salt (sodium chloride) caking or killing atties.. then remembered sodium chloride used with other heating devices.. my steamer, floor steamer, iron, etc. Sheesh... give me a break... not dense enough to pour diluted table salt in my carto... however sodium chloride is sodium chloride... otherwise known as salt usually to creat a saline ph... at least that's what I recall from my chemistry classes... dilution (concentration) is the key to safe use with an atty if using at all. I just put some in my eye and up my nose this morning and it didn't burn but last year I swished table salt (stronger) on my raw gums and it did... think concentration might have been a factor? I didn't use a pool test kit but I'm sure it was quite basic.

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
TFA Caryophyllene oxide 1% PG (used @ ~0.5%-1%) adds a nice woody note to tobaccos, pairs well with some fruit as well.
TFA Aldehyde C-14 PEACH (first, dilute it to 1%, then use @ ~0.5%-1%) STRONG peach note, very dry (unsweet) flavor by it's self. (careful with the undiluted vial, if you spill it your work area will smell like c-14 for years)

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
IMHO VW is Oakwood flavoring. I don't have smooth nor EC blend tobacco magic but a clue is the color. If its really dark brown, I would also suspect its just Oakwood. In fact, when I ordered VW and Oakwood together, the vendor sent me two Oakwoods and no Vape Wizard. They later sent the Vape Wizard I asked for when I told them what happened btw but it was then that I understood.. they're the same thing with different bottle labels.

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
I haven't been able to find the solution you mention, I've seen others mention it too. It looks like 35.9g/100ml is a saturated solution (100%). From there I can dilute it down. 0.05% seems really low to me, I wonder if they meant 0.05 solution or 5%? Either of those would make more sense to me. I'll keep a bottle of saturated so I only have to do it once. 5% seems like a good starting point.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but planning to pick some up over the weekend & give this a shot in a couple of my DIYs

You can find a nasal wash for babies called Cleanoz Saline solution at CVS pharmacies that is STERILE and has NO PRESERVATIVES....

Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Sodium Chloride (0.9%). Inactive Ingredient: Purified Water.
Comes in small sterile containers, 20 for around $7
Sounds like it's exactly what we are looking for.....

Cleanoz Saline Solution Preservative-Free Vials - CVS pharmacy

I just have to come up with what concentrations to use....

Last edited:

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I just started using Seedmans tobacco flavor additives this week, have used all of the standard additives in the past and wanted some tobacco specific to enhance my Flavour Art tobaccos

I have a batch of commercial tobacco additive in burly and Captain Black additive in dark vapour perquie black blend.

I used 2% for both the commercial tobacco and Captain Black and am steeping them right now

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Never heard of that. Where do you get that? I really like bakery flavors best so if this will help those I need it.

Several vendors carry it. I use a little in some of my tobacco mixes as well. It's a very handy flavor to have. It's fairly strong though, and as little as two drops to a 10ml bottle is all I need in some of my mixes.

Acetyl Pyrazine - One Stop DIY Shop Store

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread