DIY was never so easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashim80

Ultra Member
Jun 18, 2014
Gainesville, Florida,USA
Hello Walt! First I want to say thank you so much for your perfect juices at amazing prices! :)

So I've been very interested in trying out some ready to vape unflavored juice with the nicotine already in it. Is that basically what the base of the diy is? Can you vape it without adding the flavorings to it. I'm looking for 50/50 18mg around abouts those numbers. Also how much vapeable unflavored is actually in the bottle? Sorry hope all that makes sense! :) I was hoping to add some in with my order this weekend!

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
Hello Walt! First I want to say thank you so much for your perfect juices at amazing prices! :)

So I've been very interested in trying out some ready to vape unflavored juice with the nicotine already in it. Is that basically what the base of the diy is? Can you vape it without adding the flavorings to it. I'm looking for 50/50 18mg around abouts those numbers. Also how much vapeable unflavored is actually in the bottle? Sorry hope all that makes sense! :) I was hoping to add some in with my order this weekend!

What Joan said... plus, the base comes in a 135 mL bottle with about 115mL in it. The extra space was intended to allow you to add up to 2 flavor vials directly to the bottle for about 15% flavor.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
The pg/vg ratio is no biggie... this will up the nic level a bit though but not enough to really make a difference. No need to do comments, this is prebottled I think. Remember tht the 99 cent sale bottles are normally 40pg/60vg. I have this in 6 mg... unflavored 120 ml bottle and can't really tell any difference.

Just order and vape it as it is, it will be close enough and you will be fine. If you get bored of vaping nothingness, then next time buy a bottle or 2 of the flavorings that you like

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
Maybe when I order I can just put what I'm doing (vaping it as unflavored) in the comments section. That way they might be able to get it around 50/50 for me. Just a lil confused about the changing pg/vg ratios when the flavor Is supposed to be added. Hmmmm

Adding flavor changes the ratio a bit because the flavor concentrate itself is in a base as a "carrier" for the flavor. Most are PG base, so if you mix to 15% flavor, the PG % increases by approximately 15%. (Unless you use flavoring in a vg base - currently the only KJ flavorings available with vg base are tobacco and menthol.)

As an example, if you use a bottle of 100% vg base, and add 15% flavoring, your final mix is approximately 85% vg / 15% pg.

Did that help?

demlevis

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2014
Omaha, NE
Ok, so I just realized that Joan's original comment was more about nicotine than pg/vg ratio. Same idea as my last post: the flavor base is 0 nic, so it will dilute the nic content of the base mix a bit. Not sure if Walt "spikes" the base so it's a little higher as-is and comes to the specified nic content after the flavor is added or if it starts at the specified nic and is just diluted to slightly lower nic when flavor is added. My guess is the latter to make sure the base product is as labeled if it's tested. (#keepwaltoutoftrouble).

If it is "spiked" to be 15% higher to compensate for dilution, it should still be within .9-3.6 mg/mL of the labeled nic concentration (15%×the nic content would be .9, 1.8, 2.7, and 3.6 for 6mg, 12mg, 18mg, and 24mg, respectively.)

I'm sure Walt will see this and respond when he gets a free moment.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I scored myself some citrus dew flavoring and pancakes flavoring (as well as Baja and Bomb Pop ejuice). I can't wait to mix up some flavorful vapes!

I'm a citrus freak plus I really dig walts dew so I'm super stoked to shake n vape. I've tried diy-ing my own dew and keep falling flat on my face. Can't wait to "dew" it up right ;) :laugh:

And the pancakes just looked way too good to pass up. To anyone who's tried the pancakes flavoring: does it have the maple and / or the yummy rich butteryness?

I have the feeling once I try the Baja I'll be ordering the flavoring for that one too. Like, instantly. It will also likely trigger me to scoop the entire line of dews. It was tough for me not to go hog wild on this sale. Kinda kicking myself for not. Oh well, definitely not my last order- that's for damn sure.

You rock Walt! Keep on dewing what you dew :)

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
What brands are the flavorings? I ordered 3 flavorings and wanted to look at recipies but noticed that the levels differ from brand to brand.

They are Killer Juice flavorings. They make their own. If doing a single flavor, you go for about 15-18% flavoring normally. 2 vials of Walt's flavorings flavor one of his 100 ml premix.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
If you target the flavoring at 15% then you would use a total of 1.5 ml of flavoring and 8.5ml of your base to get the 10 ml bottle

Can't figure the base as not sure what nic level you are doing. While most of the flavorings are PG based, some are VG but they are clearly marked on KJ site.

If you want to post the recipe here I will try to help more. If you want to PM that is fine too. No guarantees but will try to help as much as I can.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i plan to mix my citrus dew flavoring at 15%. i absolutely loved Walt's Citrus Dew before the flavoring % change (and since before the name change too) and i seem to remember 15% being the old % so i'll start there. i am loving this shakeNvape idea already.

i think i'll go 15% on pancakes too although ive never had KJ pancakes (yet!).

:vapor:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
i plan to mix my citrus dew flavoring at 15%. i absolutely loved Walt's Citrus Dew before the flavoring % change (and since before the name change too) and i seem to remember 15% being the old % so i'll start there. i am loving this shakeNvape idea already.

i think i'll go 15% on pancakes too although ive never had KJ pancakes (yet!).

:vapor:

Yep that is pretty close. 2 vials of Dew flavoring to 1 of premix will be perfect ratio... if you want 120 ml at once :D

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
If you target the flavoring at 15% then you would use a total of 1.5 ml of flavoring and 8.5ml of your base to get the 10 ml bottle

Can't figure the base as not sure what nic level you are doing. While most of the flavorings are PG based, some are VG but they are clearly marked on KJ site.

If you want to post the recipe here I will try to help more. If you want to PM that is fine too. No guarantees but will try to help as much as I can.
Thanks JoanJ.

I'm shooting for a 75/25 VG/PG, Base is 24mg PG, and I'd like the highest nic I can get out of that as I'm used to using 24mg juice but 24mg base was the highest Walt sells at this time.

I also ordered a bottle of 100% vg so I can accomplish the 75/25.

So I came up with the following:

Base: 8.33ml
VG: 2.20ml
Flavoring (coffee): 1.50ml

Target is: 10ml 75pg/25vg 20mg nic

Corrected VG..

Last edited:

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Thanks JoanJ.

I'm shooting for a 75/25 VG/PG, Base is 24mg PG, and I'd like the highest nic I can get out of that as I'm used to using 24mg juice but 24mg base was the highest Walt sells at this time.

I also ordered a bottle of 100% vg so I can accomplish the 75/25.

So I came up with the following:

Base: 8.33ml
VG: 2.20ml
Flavoring (coffee): 1.50ml

Target is: 10ml 75pg/25vg 20mg nic

Corrected VG..

Looks like you did fine without me. Just know that coffee is one of those flavors that tends to be POTENT. Coffee is also a flavor... KJ or any vandor, that needs a steep. I like my coffee vapes rather weak... like 2 drops per ml :D I would say after a week though you will have a pretty good idea of what direction this one is going and you can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread