Does anyone use a Kayfun 2.1, I have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
This being an older tank I am going to guess there are not many users out here. If anyone out here uses one I have some questions.

Were there any issues in using this tank?

Is there a short version, 2.8ml seems like a lot of capacity for a tank so narrow?

Did any of you use fixed power Ego or Evod batteries to keep it as compact as practical? I am sure coming up with some builds that were safe with such a battery is doable.

I am thinking about one to have a good quality rebuildable great quality vape in a very portable size.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That’s the really long thin one right? Very old atty. I had one very briefly. Hated it. There’s a reason they sold poorly. The deck is truly tiny. Like near unusable tiny. It doesn’t breathe well and mine at least also had leak issues. It was early in my vaping experience though so the leaking may have been me.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
That’s the really long thin one right? Very old atty. I had one very briefly. Hated it. There’s a reason they sold poorly. The deck is truly tiny. Like near unusable tiny. It doesn’t breathe well and mine at least also had leak issues. It was early in my vaping experience though so the leaking may have been me.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't vaped a Kayfun 2.1, but I have vaped EHPro Kayfun lite V2 for years. It holds 4.5ml juice (with the tall tank insert) and for me it's one of the better MTL tanks. You can pocket carry with no leaks and maintenance is a breeze.

I also vape Beserker, Skyline, DoggieStyle, and Ares in rotation. I consider the Kayfun Lite my favorite except for the height. Shorter and wider tanks are easier to pocket carry, but frequently hold less juice when I'm going to be out all day.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I haven't vaped a Kayfun 2.1, but I have vaped EHPro Kayfun lite V2 for years. It holds 4.5ml juice (with the tall tank insert) and for me it's one of the better MTL tanks. You can pocket carry with no leaks and maintenance is a breeze.

I also vape Beserker, Skyline, DoggieStyle, and Ares in rotation. I consider the Kayfun Lite my favorite except for the height. Shorter and wider tanks are easier to pocket carry, but frequently hold less juice when I'm going to be out all day.

I find the opposite for length vs girth. Reducing length is usually good but reducing girth is even better most of the time for me.

If I have several items in the pocket short items tend to bunch up at the bottom, taller things will stand upright in the mess and are easier to reach.

How big of a device I will pocket carry varies all over the place depending on what I will be doing, how much stuff I will be bringing along, and how long I will be out in the field.

I pocket carry 22mm devices all the way down to cigalike sized devices and all sized in between.

Home use items are super easy, I just find something I like to vape on. The portable stuff is difficult because of so many compromises and accounting for different conditions.

Reactions: DaveP

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Has there been a shorter version that is less than 2.8 ml?
2.8ml was pretty small back in the day when those things were designed. I kinda doubt it. Iirc the top is just a metal tube though. If you were able to cap it you could just shorten it with a pipe cutter.

The thing actually has some possible utility in this day and age. The thing that killed it was there just wasn’t really enough space for the coil connection screws and the coil. If there was a more compact replaceable wire connection one could have just a bit more deck area and things would get interesting.

There may be an atty design in that. People are looking for smaller devices now.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
Yep I am still using my Kayfun lite plus v2, I rebuild the wick every week, and have three different ones in the rotation. I never found anything that could match it. The dependability, hardly ever leaks unless tank is cracked, and vape is outstanding. You have to get the right brand and I found one. I also stocked up on poly tanks and parts, have enough for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread