Drip-On-Demand-Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklesworth.

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2011
Minneapolis
I recieved my DOD last week and I have to say it just rocks! I use it atop my Silver Bullet with the standard 18650 and a silveer LR 510 atty that I got from Altsmome also.
First off, it looks cool. If not a bit..shall we say illicit to some. I had a young stoner lookin kid come to my house with a pention to sighn the other day His eyes got all wide when he saw it sitting there on the kitchen counter LOL. However I just think it looks like a slick well sculpted device. The silver atty and anodized silver whistle tip look great on a shinny Silver Bullet.
Also, It works! It works well I filled mine with some well steeped AV Gorila juice. Just prime it and go with the occasional squeezin.
Another plus: When your LR atty turns your juice to napalm it wont wind up in your mouth.
My only gripe is with leaking. If its hot out you need to rest your PV DOD system on its side. As stated b4 the juice becomes less viscus and more fluid also presure builds in the bottle. Thats just physics complain to the universe I guess. I somtimesw find that no drip tip is needed. Sometimes I think I get better vapor off the wide open end of the DOD and create a better vacume.
Just an all around cool new adition to our vaping experiance IMHO

wrs2lig

Jul 3, 2011
Tennessee
I just got mine today. It looks suspicious to say the least, but it works great.

I first tried it on my RS with an UF18650, but had some troubles getting it to feed. The LR atty I used was pretty new and unusually 'airy', so I switched the DoD over to my 5V box with a seasoned 3.2 ohm atty and it ran like a champ. Its worth every penny. Having to prime it every once in a while is a very small price to pay.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
still have it on my Buzz...I must say, I have around 6 tanks that I use and love....never imagined this contraption would be amazing...but it is...works flawlessly...and so easy...I just filled the bottle and assembled on the Buzz..took a whole minute..lol...everytime I hit it I am impressed all over again...looks pretty cool on my red Buzz with a red dt...blk carto..sitting on my end table...great "tank" for a noob...great vapor production, taste is awesome...price is right...what else is there...it just works, and works right..:)

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Just out of curiosity...

Is there ANY way to keep the vapor from cooling off so much before it hits the mouthpiece?

Thank you. Personally the only time I have noticed this was using a very “airy” atomizer or I had an air leak. I will check with the engineers and get their take. I will also send you a PM with a setup sheet that might help.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Alright.. I've been using the DoD for just over two hours now. My initial impressions/observations w/ the added perspective I've been using a VapeMate for months.

- Firstly I can't emphasize how much easier life was up-front by reading the suggestions list and skimming this thread. From that I knew I should use the HH.357 for the vacuum it creates and favors.

- It's smaller than I expected, pictures never quite turn out right.. it's not nearly as big and cumbersome and awkward as I thought it was going to be. It sits nicely on my Precise P18 without causing any real balance or use problems.

- I used a 60/40 PG/VG blended nicquid without a problem. I will try 40/60 and higher VG formulas later.

- My HH was already primed and w/o the DoD it's a short draw and it prefers a harder (does not require) draw. That way the HH does the best efficiently. Likewise, this combination w/ the DoD worked out perfectly. I'd say whatever added DoD effect in terms of space and volume allowed me to draw just a touch longer as I'd prefer.

- Vapor temperature and volume weren't noticeably affected.

- After a few draws was the first of some air and movement in the bottle.

- No leaks but after a hour I decided to fit it with a big of sugru to mold a seal and neck-holder on for future use. This also helped with my sometimes jerky hand-motions giving me the impression that the DoD might unseat. It never felt like it did but the sugru gave me a certain additional comfort level.

- As I said, the HH favors shorted more forceful draws, and that suites the DoD. I did end up having to squeeze a touch about one hour in but that's it. Otherwise it feeds this juice monster fine for my chain-vaping and adjusted draw. I suspect if I was using the Vapage, which is a bit more lenient and less juice hungry, I wouldn't have had to squeeze at all.

- At one point I got a touch of gurgling which I think was a combination of a longer than usual gap in my chain-vaping with some hand gesticulating while holding the Precise and arguing with myself. I'm amazed it didn't just come flying off actually.

- The 5ml bottle is about perfect size and weight for this setup. I don't think I'd want to try the 10ml option unless I was using a bigger mod.

- The mouthpiece is comfortable and the taper good enough under the lips. I threw on a Delrin drip-tip for additional comfort and no real change in usability.

- It does keep HH.357 nicquid explosions in check. No nicquid in the mouth. Nice side-effect.

OK... now...... compared to my VapeMate. The VapeMate has been a workhorse and durable champ for months. I can't compare the durability but if I was to try to compare the starting experiences here is where they greatly differ in use:

- The VapeMate does kinda start feeding on its own but it does so at its own discretion regardless of atty of vacuum. I got random flooding with it right up front until I learned quite a bit over weeks about it.

- The visual indicator of how much nicquid is flowing w/ the VapeMate is useless. It's nice in thought but it's only useful when you're starting right at it and with a lot of experience. The default way the DoD works you can tell while you're vaping w/o missing a beat.

That's the two biggest user differences I notice after this limited time. Aesthetically you either like one or the other. Give the DoD isn't as big as I thought it was, I'd say it's a draw for me in general. On my Precise though, in particular, the fit-and-finish of the VapeMate looks better. For obvious and well $$ reasons.

I absolutely adore The Precise line and Super T. No doubt about it. However, had I spent the same two hours with the DoD and VapeMate up-front. I would have walked away with three DoDs instead. Hands-down.

If they were price-matches by some magical occurrence.. well.... I'd walk away with a DoD still. It was just easier to use up-front. I'm on the road and in just a few minutes I was going for the two hours whole. I'd miss the fit-and-finish of the VapeMate but could use the difference in $$ to get other stuff to make me forget that.

Now.. how would ~I~ improve the DoD with such limited use. It's not the DoD so much I'd change, I'd be curious is some sort of low-profile atty arrangement for DoD-specific use could be made. If the HH was 1/3 shorter I think the overall aesthetic and balance would be even better.

For a new product and new supplier, this is quite the fine entry into vaping accessory.. I'll post a more formal and comprehensive review after I have my customary 40 hours minimum under my lip. So far, so very good.. -Magnus

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
The atty I'm using is a Vapor Kings 1.5 Ohm LR atty at 3.7 Volts. Do you have a recommendation of a better suited atty for this?

Thank you. Personally the only time I have noticed this was using a very “airy” atomizer or I had an air leak. I will check with the engineers and get their take. I will also send you a PM with a setup sheet that might help.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
The atty I'm using is a Vapor Kings 1.5 Ohm LR atty at 3.7 Volts. Do you have a recommendation of a better suited atty for this?

My personal experience is that I like it with 2.0 ohm and up. 1.7's seem capable of burning so easily just on thier own..

jlarsen, do you mean the ce2 stuff that you have to fill with a syringe? If yes, then no because of the whole filling thing but with just regular clear cartos they work great.. They'll also work with any battery as they have no demands on the batteries or atties and just feed liquid in a nice consistent manner...

hoog

Last edited:

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
Can anyone that uses a DoD answer the following for me? Can it be used with a clearomizer? Does it have to be used with a large mod, or will it work with eGo batteries? Thanks.

not sure on the clearo...as I don't use them...just slapped my dod on my ego...works great..:)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
My personal experience is that I like it with 2.0 ohm and up. 1.7's seem capable of burning so easily just on thier own..

I ordered a couple of the 2.0 ohm smok tech to try with it. Was that a good choice?

jlarsen, do you mean the ce2 stuff that you have to fill woth a syringe? If yes, then no because of the whole filling thing but with just regular clear cartos they work great.. They'll also work with any battery as they have no demands on the batteries or atties and just feed liquid in a nice consistent manner...

hoog

Hoog, if the reason is that, once all top plugs are removed from ce2, there isn't enough room above the coil to seat the dod, it might still work on your Bauway top coil style as they have about 3/16 more tube above the coil. There's enough room there for the thin middle plug and a standard cart. I have both ce2s and bauway so I'll post when I receive my dod.

Most of my ce2s are pretty loose at the bottom, so I'm not sure how that would work out even if the dod would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread