Status
Not open for further replies.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
I'm curious, so I gotta ask. What is wrong with the MOSFET switch? I've been using a Hello battery for some time now and didn't know there was something wrong with it.

Yes, me too? That technology is written in stone except for the failure rate of the MOSFET like any magic rock, but better than any switch for our application.
Got a bunch of new traffic there in Liberty with I10 closed br5495?

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I have to run out for a bit and I want to use these M-series a while before I say too much, but here's my initial reaction:

First carto was rinsed and dry burned to remove any primer fluid. I've been hitting it back-to-back on a manual 401 battery and it's working great. No harsh taste at all, lots of vapor and tons of flavor.

I'll be back in a little while and let you know if it holds up.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I have to run out for a bit and I want to use these M-series a while before I say too much, but here's my initial reaction:

First carto was rinsed and dry burned to remove any primer fluid. I've been hitting it back-to-back on a manual 401 battery and it's working great. No harsh taste at all, lots of vapor and tons of flavor.

I'll be back in a little while and let you know if it holds up.

lol:evil:

back to cooking;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm curious, so I gotta ask. What is wrong with the MOSFET switch? I've been using a Hello battery for some time now and didn't know there was something wrong with it.

BR, here's the best explanation:

Battery Voltages -- Surprise!

BTW, I love and use the Riva/eGo batteries, I just wish they would deliver better voltage (like the stated 3.7v vs. the effective 3.1-3.2v) and be less prone to sudden death.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
well, apparently production is not consistent with zoid's friend getting cartos with some kind of fluid where bad is not seeing any of that.
bad can you email martinez and ask what the fluid might be? zoid do you have a camera that would pick this up?
maybe the best thing to do is to clean the cartos before use

Any news on what the Myster fluid is inside the cartos?

shaun11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Columbia, Tn
Not sure if it was posted earlier in the thread, but I sent Ken an email over at Box mods and he said the e2's in the blue and silver pocket kit are the ceramics for anyone thats eager to try them out. Its not a bad deal, a 510 mega batt, chargers, and 2 e2s for 15.99.

I'm curious if I'll be able to get the tobacco liquid flavor out of the carto, how has flavor changing worked for you guys?

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Not sure if it was posted earlier in the thread, but I sent Ken an email over at Box Mods and he said the e2's in the blue and silver pocket kit are the ceramics for anyone thats eager to try them out. Its not a bad deal, a 510 mega batt, chargers, and 2 e2s for 15.99.

I'm curious if I'll be able to get the tobacco liquid flavor out of the carto, how has flavor changing worked for you guys?

A good hot water rinse and a dry burn seems to work well on the C-E2's when changing flavors.

All the best,
Wing

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I'd be interested to know what you think of the connector change on the 510's, br.
Okay. Later on today got here, so I opened the box. I looked at the fittings of a few of them and this is what I think so far. I can see that they will be compatible with more batteries and adapters. Maybe not on everything out there, but at least on mine.

There is an improvement with the countersink in the center post of the fitting, but it is still larger than it needs to be. This definitely reduces the surface area for an electrical connection, and it may not make a connection on a mating post with a smaller diameter. It is easy to see why the countersink is this large. The reason may not make sense to everyone, but it is because the "screwdriver" slot is about twice as wide as it needs to be. All they would have to do is reduce the slot width to that of a Boge connector and the countersink would not have to be so deep. I have not looked at all of these things yet, so they may not all be this way.

I see another thing or two that I don't especially like about the XL's, but for the most part I know that I can easily live with them.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Got a bunch of new traffic there in Liberty with I10 closed br5495?
I didn't see any traffic, cause I live in the house like an old hermit. However, my wife just got back from Beaumont a few minutes ago and she was not in her best mood. She wasn't even excited about the new XL's. She just grabbed the one I had setup for her and headed to the bedroom with it.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
SORRY GUYS, I cant ship anyones stuff out till tomorow morning, my grandfather was rushed to hospital and i had to go handle that. Hes ok but it was scary.

Everyones package of samples and juice is packed and will be shipped in the morning.

I hope everyone who received the samples so far are enjoying them , the review is delayed till later on sorry.

RamMan1269

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
FL
Since he's probably vaping them now, this is from his comment on the prior page:

Looks like he beat me to it..lol.. I'm anxious to try the M series too.

Anyone looking for E2 402s I found this place on google somehow. Never ordered from them and know nothing about them, but they have them listed.
Kathleen Callaway General Store

RamMan1269

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
FL
Not sure if it was posted earlier in the thread, but I sent Ken an email over at Box Mods and he said the e2's in the blue and silver pocket kit are the ceramics for anyone thats eager to try them out. Its not a bad deal, a 510 mega batt, chargers, and 2 e2s for 15.99.

I just ordered one, hopefully I'll get it before Monday and they will last me a few weeks until I get back...

jimR

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Houston
Finally recieved my box today. The order was exactly as placed, all perfect and packaged very well. I am using the 510 CE2 regular and am on the second cartomizer and it is working perfectly, even better than the old revision 1 I had.
But the first one was taken out at the first fill. I have not heard any one mention this but when I filled with the syring with 1 ml it came pouring out the battery connector so I thought I had over filled and wiped up the mess. but after about 25 puffs it begin to taste off. The ego battery connection was filled with liquid and the carto was empty. When inspected the battery center post is offset to one side and not centered at all. I appears the leaking is from the seal at the battery center post.

Pulled out the second one from the same package and it is holding liquid fine and vaping like a beast. go figure!:ohmy:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Anyone looking for E2 402s I found this place on google somehow. Never ordered from them and know nothing about them, but they have them listed.
Kathleen Callaway General Store

those are probably not the newest version since they just started to ship out of china but thanks for posting:D

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
SORRY GUYS, I cant ship anyones stuff out till tomorow morning, my grandfather was rushed to hospital and i had to go handle that. Hes ok but it was scary.

Everyones package of samples and juice is packed and will be shipped in the morning.

I hope everyone who received the samples so far are enjoying them , the review is delayed till later on sorry.

Concentrate on your family Bad, that's definitely more important, glad he is OK.

All the best,
Wing.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010

OT

glad to hear your grandpa is ok, bad

scottbee, is your dad doing better?

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
BR, here's the best explanation:

Battery Voltages -- Surprise!

BTW, I love and use the Riva/eGo batteries, I just wish they would deliver better voltage (like the stated 3.7v vs. the effective 3.1-3.2v) and be less prone to sudden death.
Well now, some folks may think the voltage of these batteries are a feature, not a bug, LOL. My Hello battery regulates at 3 volts and I like that. It is designed to be used with a 2.5 ohm device, and will perform about the same as a 3.7 volt battery with a 3 ohm device. My juice tastes about the same either way. The difference is that my Hello battery will maintain the same taste and TH almost throughout the entire battery charge.

My 3.7 volt battery will not do that. It starts out at that voltage, but it doesn't stay there for very long. At some point during the discharge it will be vaping at 3 volts. So what cartridge should I use? Maybe I could start out with one at 3 ohms, then change to a 2.5 ohm cartridge when the voltage drops enough. That would work. I think. I have never gone to the trouble to find out.

At this point, I need to say something about the E2. When a battery charge began playing out with an old type cartridge, I used to make some really long drags trying to get a bit of a hit before the battery shut down. I don't even notice that now. My juice actually has a better taste at 2.5 volts or less, or about when the battery shuts off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread