Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Hi everyone! I'm finally slowly able to start buying my DIY supplies and have tried using the eJuice calculator but am having some trouble, hoping someone can help. This is what I am buying: 1 bottle PG & 1 bottle VG and 1 bottle of 100mg NIC. I'm aiming for approx 6mg NIC and want to try making a thicker concentrate (I usually buy 50/50) and would like a rec for a thicker, longer lasting juice. (? 40/60 or 30/70 or ?)

I've been messing with this calculator but it doesn't have a spot to enter PG/VG %'s... I think I have the flavor %'s okay, it's just how to calculate the PG/VG and NIC and what mix I should get the NIC at as far as PG/VG. I hope that wasn't too confusing!!!

I've already ordered the PG/VG and flavors and just need help with the calculator and also what PG/VG is recommended in my NIC base. Hoping to order this soon and be on my happy little way to experimenting!!!

Thanks,

You guys rock!!!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've been messing with this calculator but it doesn't have a spot to enter PG/VG %'s...

Look at field E11. In the PG Calc tab that is the % of VG. In the VG calc tab that is the % of PG. You should be able to subtract the value entered in E11 from 100 for the part of the ratio you are not entering.

So if you want mostly VG and are in the VG Calc tab, because you have your nic in VG, and enter 20 in E11, you're saying you want a 20/80 PG/VG final ratio.

smurfdude

Feb 22, 2014
Cannock UK
Ok so I have had another play with calculator and I really don't know what I am doing wrong.
Following the instructions:
1. click on the next tab to input your recipe.
So I click on the tab. It will let me put the recipe name but will not let me enter the flavourings unless they are in the drop down. I click the up/down arrow to view/select a flavouring (the up/down arrow being show at the right hand side of the flavour cell) and no flavours are available to be selected.
I go to the tab with the flavourings. I can't enter the flavour so I can get it in the drop down.

Really don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not a divvy with spreadsheets either lol.
If someone could make a youtube video on using the sheet I would love that. Until then its back to the online calculators :(

Colleen12321

Mar 9, 2014
Alberta
Hi there, hoping someone might be able to help! I have 100% pg 100% nic/mg. I want to order premade flavoured juice but, I can't figure out the ratios I need to buy to make 70/30 pg/vg for 18/12/6 mgs. I have a wholesaler for brand name but I want to be able to sell a house brand also, I'm just not into the DIY much, ( not great at math or equations... ) please help if you can. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Hi!

Thank you for your response! I'm more lost than before, I think we have different calculators, I don't have those lines in mine. (JuiceMeUp). I now have all I need and am so anxious to make my first one, I'm giddy!!

Thanks!

OH:
List: Nicotine 100mg in 10ml bottle, PG/VG 50/50 mix and flavors, syringes and what not.... I'm going to see if there is another calculator, I want to try tonight, lol!!! Thanks!

Look at field E11. In the PG Calc tab that is the % of VG. In the VG calc tab that is the % of PG. You should be able to subtract the value entered in E11 from 100 for the part of the ratio you are not entering.

So if you want mostly VG and are in the VG Calc tab, because you have your nic in VG, and enter 20 in E11, you're saying you want a 20/80 PG/VG final ratio.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Thank you for your response! I'm more lost than before, I think we have different calculators, I don't have those lines in mine. (JuiceMeUp).

Well, that explains some things since this is a thread for Scubabatdan's Ejuice Calculator. EjuiceMeUp is written by someone else and has it's own threads.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hi there, hoping someone might be able to help! I have 100% pg 100% nic/mg. I want to order premade flavoured juice but, I can't figure out the ratios I need to buy to make 70/30 pg/vg for 18/12/6 mgs. I have a wholesaler for brand name but I want to be able to sell a house brand also, I'm just not into the DIY much, ( not great at math or equations... ) please help if you can. Thank you!!

100mg/ml nicotine is 10% and as long as we're talking 10% nicotine we are allowed to talk about it on ECF.

The calculator that is linked in the first post of this thread is used to figure out the ratios and it does the math.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Ok so I have had another play with calculator and I really don't know what I am doing wrong.
So I click on the tab. It will let me put the recipe name but will not let me enter the flavourings unless they are in the drop down. I click the up/down arrow to view/select a flavouring (the up/down arrow being show at the right hand side of the flavour cell) and no flavours are available to be selected.
I go to the tab with the flavourings. I can't enter the flavour so I can get it in the drop down.

Really don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not a divvy with spreadsheets either lol.
If someone could make a youtube video on using the sheet I would love that. Until then its back to the online calculators :(

To add flavorings, you have to make sure the spreadsheet is unlocked. Then click on a row where you want to add and "Insert" a new row. You can add the flavoring that you want and it will appear in the drop downs then.

Instructions for adding your own flavors to the ejuice_calculator.

Program being used: Excel 2010

On Tab: "Flavor Lists For Drop-Downs"

1. In the rows between 13-16 insert the manufacture name in one of the Empty4, Empty5, Empty6

2. In rows at the end of the page (currently Cell A1135) is where you add your flavors. Add your manfacture in column A, flavor in column B (note these cells you will need to know where they are), and Usage/Info in column C.

3. Now comes the fun part: While you're on the "Flavor Lists For Drop-Downs" tab, at the top of the program right below the name of your file click on the word "Formulas". You should see an icon in the list named "Name Manager". Click the icon and you should get a pop-up window called Name Manager. Look for one in the list that says "Manufactures" Select it and select the Edit... button. You need to change the cell range to include the additional cells that are not currently included by adding the cells. There are two ways this can be done either edit the end of the Referes to: line and change the last number to include one or more additional cell(s) by incrementing the number from 12 to 13(or more) or click the icon at the end of Refers to: to drag on the cells you want to include and hit enter. Click on the "New" button which will let you create a new Name Manager with the following information: Name = Manufacture, Scope = Workbook, What ever comments you want to add this is for you and will not be visible, Refers to = (the location in column B where your flavors are) $B$1135:$B$1136 or you can select the little graphic icon at the end of that line and it will allow you to select the range. Keep in mind it's pulling from column B, not A, and not C so do not highlight all of the cells just the ones in column B. Once you select the range hit enter and it will return you to the New Name window. Select OK. Then select close.

Now when you go to your PG or VG Calculator page you should be able to select your manufacture and your newly added flavors will be in their own drop-down from that manufacture. If you notice that something has happened and your selected manufacture has some other manufactures flavor name there, somehow that name manager for that manufacture is pulling from the incorrect location and with the above instructions you should be able to go in and edit the cells and correct this.

*Excel 2010 or newer needed to be able to complete this process.

Video of how it's done

Last edited:

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
you can treat percents as parts if it helps or as percentage of total for example
10ml Batch
17% = 1.7 ml
3% = .3 ml

Yeah, most of the recipes give the percents of the flavorings. And Section 6, Make a New Recipe, asks for parts and I don't know how to do the math on that. Someone please explain how to convert this to work. Do I just put the percents given into the Parts fields to create a new recipe?

Here's a TPA recipe as an example. Thanks to BuzzBait for posting it!

On The Rocks
9% Orange Cream (TPA)
7% Mango (TPA)
2% Pineapple (TPA)
2% Strawberry (TPA)
3% Menthol or Koolada

Thanks!

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Hi guys, sorry been busy in the modders forum, It was pointed out that the make a new recipe section first flavor added was always at 100% and the recipe sheet was screwy when the recipe was copied. This has been corrected. the cell pulls were off and not taking in the account of all cells. I also found this error on the VG page both have been corrected and it has been reuploaded. So please download the corrected version in my sig link.

Thanks
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Yeah, most of the recipes give the percents of the flavorings. And Section 6, Make a New Recipe, asks for parts and I don't know how to do the math on that. Someone please explain how to convert this to work. Do I just put the percents given into the Parts fields to create a new recipe?

Here's a TPA recipe as an example. Thanks to BuzzBait for posting it!

On The Rocks
9% Orange Cream (TPA)
7% Mango (TPA)
2% Pineapple (TPA)
2% Strawberry (TPA)
3% Menthol or Koolada

Thanks!

Short answer, yes.

Long answer....
If you making a recipe (Baking) and put 2 cups of sugar, 1/3 cup of lemon, 8 cups of flour ect... it is all based on the number of parts. Together this recipe will not = 100 cups of ingredient. So the calculator allows you to put the number of ml per ingredient or % in the list and then scales it to 100% of your total quantity based on the percentage of flavoring you want in your mix. So if you add 2ml (2 parts or 2%) of peanut butter, 5ml (5 parts or 5%) chocolate, 1ml (1 part sweet cream or 1%) and .5ml (.5 parts cinnamon or .5%) in your recipe fields, your total is 8.5ml of flavoring. Based on making 100ml of juice with 19% flavoring, the calculator will tell you how much of each flavor is needed for your mix, and scal it based on the numbers you provide as to how much to make and what flavoring % you defined.

That help?
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread