Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The original istick S/W only supported Ni and Ti.
The original Pico supported Ni, Ti, SS and a custom TCR (M1/M2) right out of the box with stock 1.00 firmware. It didn't do TC well, but worked fine once you managed to have the mod detect a new coil.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
The original istick S/W only supported Ni and Ti.
The "original" iSticks didn't do TC at all (got five of those sittin' around). You're thinking of the TC40 (got that too).
It's my own categorization, but... I think of the TC40 and the first i100 as 2nd Gen with the TC100 starting the third and current Generation. Just helps me keep em' all straight... or it did, I haven't made a vape purchase in two years and don't have a clue what's hit the market in the past ~12 months.
And we used to TC SS on the 40 in Ti mode (just crank the temp ~70F and hope for the best [emoji14] ).

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
The original Pico supported Ni, Ti, SS and a custom TCR (M1/M2) right out of the box with stock 1.00 firmware. It didn't do TC well, but worked fine once you managed to have the mod detect a new coil.
You are a cruel and harsh taskmaster. :(
:D
I've had decent luck with my JTech TC, just minor issues but I was certainly active in all our VTC and Pico threads* so I do know what you mean. ;)

*The Reuleaux as well, though that's the only Wismec in my collection.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
As others have probably also experienced, I have the "Battery Low" / "Weak Battery" problem, even with completely fresh batteries.

Searching online, others have the problem too, but there doesn't seem to be any "fix" for it. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything? I've tried both Arctic Fox, and the default firmware to no avail.

Is there any physical component of the mod that I can remove to alliviate the problem?

Any help is much appreciated :)
(popping in and not reviewing 4300 posts)

Has anyone tried cleaning the contacts & cap? Isopropyl alcohol or PGA and a cotton swab.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The "original" iSticks didn't do TC at all (got five of those sittin' around). You're thinking of the TC40 (got that too).
It's my own categorization, but... I think of the TC40 and the first i100 as 2nd Gen with the TC100 starting the third and current Generation. Just helps me keep em' all straight... or it did, I haven't made a vape purchase in two years and don't have a clue what's hit the market in the past ~12 months.
And we used to TC SS on the 40 in Ti mode (just crank the temp ~70F and hope for the best [emoji14] ).

Yes. It was the TC40W I was talking about. I edited my post to reflect that. In the setup it only gave you a choice of Titanium or Nichrome. I never played with the settings to try and make it work.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Sorry, I wrote iStick when I should have added TC40W. TC40W was Ti and Ni only in the TC setup. I play around with TC here and there and try to like it, but power mode has always been all I need. I have a double handful of iSticks that I use here and there in wattage mode.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Yes. It was the TC40W I was talking about. I edited my post to reflect that. In the setup it only gave you a choice of Titanium or Nichrome. I never played with the settings to try and make it work.
Just a bit of an aside...
IIRC, it was the 40TC with the "hidden" Ti mode. Needs a button combination long press to turn that mode on and off.
Oddly... again IIRC, JoyeTech never publicly acknowledged its existence. Works fine though. :D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
And we used to TC SS on the 40 in Ti mode (just crank the temp ~70F and hope for the best
emoji14.png
).
We did the same on the iPV D2. ;)
What a hateful thing that was with a TC resistance range of only 0.05Ω - 0.3Ω

You are a cruel and harsh taskmaster. :(
:D
I've had decent luck with my JTech TC, just minor issues but I was certainly active in all our VTC and Pico threads* so I do know what you mean. ;)

*The Reuleaux as well, though that's the only Wismec in my collection.
Yeah Jim, those were frustrating days in the early beginnings of TC. The number of people in the VTC mini thread that told us we were crazy, we obviously had to be doing something wrong because "their" mini worked perfectly in TC. :facepalm:

The only Wismec in my collection is the Luxotic, it works as advertised and mine doesn't leak, yet... ;)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
We did the same on the iPV D2. ;)
What a hateful thing that was with a TC resistance range of only 0.05Ω - 0.3Ω

I swooped through Ni and Ti TC straight to SS very,very quickly. The D2 and Sig 75 then the 40TC. Early days indeed.
But I thought our D2s had a bit more TC range than that. Pretty sure of it actually.
I do recall the headaches for low watt MTLers until finding our D2s won't kick out of TC with kanthal, just doesn't TC is all. So to get around no buck circuit for very low power kanthal use... just use max temp Ni mode. Silly but effective. Easy peasy. :D

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I'm having a problem with my istick 75w. I just use the vv/vw mode, and lately I cannot access the menu, change my wattage setting ect. No matter how I press the button all I get is the seconds reading. It is firing but cannot make any changes. What's the problem?

• Optimistic

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well it sounds broken to me but that's just a guess. I have an Istick20!!! I think. It was gifted me by a kind member here and I LOVE IT and it may become my car charger for going to work. LOL the husband declined to install a USB port for me and tried to buy me a phone instead and I was like, NO!!! We will buy no phones until I hear a START DATE!

LOL the Istick 20 or is it 30 has a cellphone charger.

I hope it's not broken I hope you've accidentally locked it or something but I wouldn't know .Good luck and I shall stop digressing

Anna

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I'm having a problem with my istick 75w. I just use the vv/vw mode, and lately I cannot access the menu, change my wattage setting ect. No matter how I press the button all I get is the seconds reading. It is firing but cannot make any changes. What's the problem?
    You don't have the buttons locked do you? Try holding both the + & - at the same time for a couple of seconds.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Pico question.

I was using TC with a Lemo on my Pico. No going great because the resistance doesn't stay too steady on the Lemo, so I decided to go back to wattage mode. TC works fine with other tanks.

For some reason I can't find wattage mode. On a new Pico you can hit fire 3 times and then cycle through the TC modes plus Wattage and Bypass. With the ones I have used for TC I can cycle through modes but I only see the TC modes, Wattage and Bypass don't show up. I went into NFE and can't see anything useful in there either.

When I started using TC I loaded new firmware through NFE. Wondering if that might be giving me a problem.

Or I'm missing something obvious.

Any ideas?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Pico question.

I was using TC with a Lemo on my Pico. No going great because the resistance doesn't stay too steady on the Lemo, so I decided to go back to wattage mode. TC works fine with other tanks.

For some reason I can't find wattage mode. On a new Pico you can hit fire 3 times and then cycle through the TC modes plus Wattage and Bypass. With the ones I have used for TC I can cycle through modes but I only see the TC modes, Wattage and Bypass don't show up. I went into NFE and can't see anything useful in there either.

When I started using TC I loaded new firmware through NFE. Wondering if that might be giving me a problem.

Or I'm missing something obvious.

Any ideas?

I'm already in wattage mode, so I'm not sure if this will work from TC mode

In arctic fox:

Fire button and hold + button
    Click fire to enter 'wire' menu
    Click fire to enter 'wire' sub menu
    Click + to change wire type to VW

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2012
    Irwin, Pennsylvania
    Here what I have stored away:
    Pico 75W factory FW..... Sorry I didn't see the ArticFox FW was mentioned.

While on:
    click fire 5 times: turn device off
    click fire 3 times: enter mode select menu
    hold fire and minus: stealth mode on/off
    hold plus and minus: adjustment button lock/unlock
    Press the fire button twice in quick succession
    when the mod is powered on to enter logo on/off
    interface and press up or down button one time to
    turn on or off logo. When you turn on logo and the
    mod enters standby mode, the logo appears on the
    screen till the mod goes to sleep mode.

in TC mode: