Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

stulda

Jan 5, 2015
Inverness, UK
Sounds like you have the right attitude. You will have a learning curve, and maybe some aggravation once in a while. Hang in there and good luck to you.

Forget about midnight, toss the ciggs now. I know you can do it and I am proud of you for quitting . Also glad your with us.

Wow and you could not have started with better gear! Good Luck and I hope you look back on some of these early posts YEARS from now and we all laugh thinking how archaic the iStick and Sub Tank were :)

Thank you very much for the support. It's not going to be an easy ride but like all things in life, we have to fight our way through.
I'm eager to show my setup to my work colleagues as few of them are already vaping. They all use cig-a-like gear and some are still smoking. Obviously their devices are not good enough for them so I will be recommending them to purchase some better gear.

Does anyone know when will Aspire be releasing the new cotton coils for their tanks? I'd like to get the Nautilus mini too.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Even though I have all of the iSticks made, I still like the Spinner II with the small Aspire tanks, they produce good flavor for being an inexpensive set-up.

I gave most of the Spinners away, but kept a couple for remembrance, this is what got me off cigarettes instantly after smoking 40 years.

Since the flood gates of my recent buying spree began in September, I've retired a number of PVs---four mechanicals (two Nemesis clones and two Origin clones) whose fussy and unreliable firing buttons always aggravated me to no end, a bunch of Kicks whose time had definitely passed, a VAMO or two that had gone wonky, and a couple of 900-mAh eGo Twists. I've kept in service all my higher-capacity 1300/1600mAh Twist/Spinner clones, however, because those modest VVs are still ideally-suited to power Evod-style BCC clearos (mainly GS-H2s and H5s, but also some now-ancient Kanger T3s). With their heads rebuilt using 1.3-1.5 ohm spaced coils and cotton or rayon wicks, I find the vape quality provided by those humble clearos to be surprisingly tasty and enjoyable. No, they'll never be in same league as my bottom-fed RBAs (mainly YK1 Mini Cyclone clones and A6 Mini clones) nor my RBA Kayfun and Erlkonigin clone tanks, but I like the size and convenience of a Spinner armed with a simple EVOD-style clearo, and I actually enjoy rebuilding the heads.

I appreciate that not everyone "collects" vaping hardware as I do. Keeping only the best of one's vaping gear seems perfectly sensible to me. Why hang onto what we won't use? Lord knows I've already thrown out a ton of devices that broke, died, never lived up to the hype, or otherwise displeased me, and I have a growing "retirement community" of older gear in cabinet drawers just waiting to be given away, should the opportunity arise.

At this point, however, I still enjoy collecting. All my new acquisitions---state-of-the-art regulated, higher-wattage box mods and cutting-edge tanks---are welcome additions to my inventory of hardware, but the key word is "additions" (rather than "replacements"). For instance, I can't imagine ever not using or getting rid of my REOs. Sure, the day may come when I dramatically pare down or simplify my vaping gear. For now, though, I enjoy the menagerie of my Vaping Zoo. "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my."

stulda

Jan 5, 2015
Inverness, UK
It might be easier than you think. I smoked for 57 years and in the last 13 months or so. I've smoked a little maybe three times and that was when a battery went dead or something like that. You should not have that problem with the 50 watt. Much success to you.

I'm sure my iStick won't be the only device I'll purchase. It's crucial to have some backup in case anything happen to the mod. For now though I need to get some stronger nicotine. Most of my juices are 0.6 with few being 0.12. Especially for the first few weeks or so. When I'm hope and I can chain smoke that's ok. While at work though I need something stronger to keep me going.
Congratulations for being a smoke free after such a long time with the analogs. That's truly something to admire :toast:

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
I'm sure my iStick won't be the only device I'll purchase. It's crucial to have some backup in case anything happen to the mod. For now though I need to get some stronger nicotine. Most of my juices are 0.6 with few being 0.12. Especially for the first few weeks or so. When I'm hope and I can chain smoke that's ok. While at work though I need something stronger to keep me going.
Congratulations for being a smoke free after such a long time with the analogs. That's truly something to admire :toast:

I can relate with the higher nic need starting out, I had to chain vape 24mg to keep the monkey of my back at first with cartos & Clearomizers. (I left a 2.2 PAD habit behind) But hold onto those juices, when you get some RDAs and start dripping which you probably will if hang around this dang site long, you will be thankful for them, 3 & 6 is about all I can stand in high output atty without getting nic drunk! :)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Today I've received my very first device - the iStick 50W. My Kanger Subtank was delivered yesterday. Also bought some juices to try and so far I'm blown away. The production of the vapor is simply outstanding! No leaks so far or any other issues.
Primed the coil properly and started low. Using 1.2ohm coil (iStick reads it 1.3) vaping some fruity juice (0.6mg/ml) and playing with a wattage - between 15 and 20 watts.

This is my first time I'm going to stop smoking, ever since I started some 12 years ago. I'm going to have my last analog just before midnight so I start fresh tomorrow.

Thank you to all of you! You are awesome and I appreciate your contributions and reviews out there!. You were the reason why I opted for this device and finally pulled the trigger.

Welcome to the sticker's world :)
Congratulations on making a good choice for your first rig and good luck. Cheers

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Rocking a sub tank mini with rba head on my istick 20w
46db07f8441d08c3de66e68fab685299.jpg

Running a good flavor build
0eb7fed0eb3b0a617c2505577a4d352a.jpg

22d7464b362c92d0207e7a0e7e4c6477.jpg

2 32 gauge kanthal twisted, folded in half and reverse twisted.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

stulda

Jan 5, 2015
Inverness, UK
I've started to experience weird thing. When I put my iStick down for half an hour, when I start vaping again it becomes unbearable for the first 10-15 hits.
I guess that would refer to the dry (burn) hit. I just cannot inhale it or else I start choking and it feels like a horror.
It only happens for the first maybe 15 hits. After that the taste comes alive and everything's good. I've checked to see if maybe the coil would be burnt but it doesn't look like it. Besides once burnt I'd be able to taste it with every drag, right?. That's not a case though.

I've replaced the coil with a new one. Primed it properly, had few drags off of it without pushing the button for the air bubbles to come out and all. Still the same.
When I'm vaping away every minute or so it's just fine. When I don't for a while it just tastes horrid.

Does anyone know what's happening? I'm using 1.2ohm coils in Kanger Sub Tank Mini with 0.6mg nicotine and 50/50 juice ratio. Tried one with 60/40 VG/PG and same thing happened.
I experience the same horrible taste regardless of the wattage setting. I can set it for 6 watts and the effect is same as when setup for 15.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Thank you very much for the support. It's not going to be an easy ride but like all things in life, we have to fight our way through.
I'm eager to show my setup to my work colleagues as few of them are already vaping. They all use cig-a-like gear and some are still smoking. Obviously their devices are not good enough for them so I will be recommending them to purchase some better gear.

Does anyone know when will Aspire be releasing the new cotton coils for their tanks? I'd like to get the Nautilus mini too.

Ecciggity just announced that they have the new cotton BVC coils in stock!

stulda

Jan 5, 2015
Inverness, UK
Ecciggity just announced that they have the new cotton BVC coils in stock!

That is a great news indeed! Now the waiting time before I'll be able to buy them in the UK.
I'm interested to see how will people like it. It's great to see companies listening to their customers.

Edit: Looks like the coils are for Atlantis only. For now anyways.

Last edited:

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
With my 20 watt I sometimes made it a full day, sometimes not. With my 50, it looks like I am going to get close to two full days. I'm wondering if the amount of juice we go through might be a better way to compare. But, of course, that would vary from individual to individual too. The thing I like is that if I leave in the morning with a fully charged battery, I know I don't have to carry a spare with me. Might need to carry nine or eight bottles of juice with me though.

EDIT: What I wonder is, If I charge the 50 every night, no matter what the charge, will I lose battery capacity?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread