Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I had no issue with the 510 on the Lemo 2, unlike its predecessors.

This PROVED I need a new ohm reader. Like most I loath them. But am searching, now, for the "best", most accurate, short of buying a real multimeter, something I should have done a long time ago. ;)

I need to make a correction:

After using the Lemo 2 on and off for a week I experienced erratic 510 readings. Remembered TheKiwi's (oft repeated) recommendation(s). I have always done the "fix" a bit differently with the same result.

Instead of an O-ring I use a grommet from a used nautilus head. A tight fit, but I was able to get the grommet onto the Lemo 510 post.

Put the Lemo 2 back on the SX Mini getting the expected 0.075 reading. Now vaping consistently, with no change in resistance, or, Dry Coil alerts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Right out of the gate on my DNA40 rig I had 510 connection issues with the Lemo2.

I flipped the center pins wide side and insulator to the interior and haven't had any issues yet with any of my TC devices.

Run that by me again, slowly, as you might for a 5-year old, so I understand more clearly. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Juvecoop

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2014
Toronto, Ont, Canada
i've dealt with my lemo 2 for about 2-3 weeks now and have come to the conclusion that these kind of tank are a little to fussy for me. one day it was wicking fine, the next resistance was all over the board causing me to burn my cotton, change cotton dry hits, put a new one works fine. I THINK IT"S ME!!!! I'm going back to my sub ohm tanks and going to invest in a RDA which I hope is a lot easier to deal with.

Podunk Steam

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2014
United States
Originally I built an Ni200 coil on my Lemo 2 and screwed it on my DNA40 mod, it told me to "check atomizer" meaning it had no electrical connection. It would have had some ohms resistance reading if there was an electrical connection.

I first made a small brass disc I placed between the connection points inside the base of the Lemo2, this told me the issue with the electrical connection was between the two parts in the base of the Lemo2.

I used a closed pair of hemostats to press from the interior of the base holding the center pin and insulator to push both the insulator and center pin out towards the 510 threaded end of the base.
After that with the center pin in the insulator I then pushed the narrow end of the center pin into the same hole from the interior, it's a tight fit but it will go in.

Edit: This will likely cure your ohms from jumping all over the place too Juvecoop.

Reactions: Juvecoop

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
My Lemo 2 has been nothing but fantastic with nickel builds on my sx mini m class.

Same here. Fantastic setup. :D I have some new wicking tips/methods (improving slightly on an old post I did in the original Lemo thread) ... I'll photo-document it and post it soon. Works fantastically even with my thickest liquids (85% VG). Best tank I've ever used. Finicky, yes. Worth a little extra time to get it perfect? yes.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Here is a solution for a "wide" drip tip. One pic shows with a stock drip tip and another is ceramic "vase" style drip tip. Both works very well. The vapor with ceramic one is kinda too hot because of a smaller hole.
The rubber tips are from V4L.

I spent a whole day yesterday to investigate the "leaking problem" but still couldn't understand how the liquid can get in to the air whole. I've tried to re-wick the coil with all kind cottons and rayon but this thing is still leaking or dripping out of the air holes. Seems there is no enough seal to insure a full vacuum inside of the Lemo2.
And I do get a messages like "Check atomizer" or "Low resistor" which are could be fixed by loosing the bottom cap(stand) just a bit but doing so would lead to a stronger leakage.
Another problem the top cap with the liquid refill hole is very tight and hard to turn. I have to hold on a glass tube just to turn it a little.
Are there any RTA's w/o all those problems? LOL

Attachments

• 20150509_083558.jpg
    20150509_083558.jpg
    827.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 20150509_083745.jpg
    20150509_083745.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

subby

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney, Aus
Here is a solution for a "wide" drip tip. One pic shows with a stock drip tip and another is ceramic "vase" style drip tip. Both works very well. The vapor with ceramic one is kinda too hot because of a smaller hole.
The rubber tips are from V4L.

I spent a whole day yesterday to investigate the "leaking problem" but still couldn't understand how the liquid can get in to the air whole. I've tried to re-wick the coil with all kind cottons and rayon but this thing is still leaking or dripping out of the air holes. Seems there is no enough seal to insure a full vacuum inside of the Lemo2.
And I do get a messages like "Check atomizer" or "Low resistor" which are could be fixed by loosing the bottom cap(stand) just a bit but doing so would lead to a stronger leakage.
Another problem the top cap with the liquid refill hole is very tight and hard to turn. I have to hold on a glass tube just to turn it a little.
Are there any RTA's w/o all those problems? LOL

Sounds like you have the o-rings back to front. The o-ring that goes at the top of the tube is the smaller of the 2, if you put the large one at the top it makes it very hard to turn open the refill hole. If you have the too small o-ring at the bottom, you will get leakage because it will not seal properly. Swap them around and see if that fixes your problems. I did the same thing when I re-assembled mine after the initial breakdown and clean.

Reactions: Andyhrn

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I have officially given up on my Lemo 2. It is not a bad tank, it just will not do what I require it to do. It can't handle max VG juices without dry hitting, it wants to leak when you don't treat it just perfect and the flavor isn't really there for me. I'm sure this tank would work great with thinner juice. The Lemo 1 is in the same class, but have to say it performed better than the 2 in my case. Caught wind of a tank called the Cthulhu. Bought it, spent the weekend with it, and I'm sold. Do yourself a favor and take a look at one of these tanks if the Lemo is not doing it for you.

dj9928

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
UK
I've owned my Lemo 2 for a month now and think its time to put it on eBay. Straight of I noticed resistance was all over the place, it simply would not fire at all on my iStick 20w even with a 1.8Ohm coil but worked fine on my iStick 30. For the first week it vaped fine, but since that no matter what I do it leaks out the air holes at the bottom. I have changed all the rubber rings but made no difference, tried silica, cotton makes no difference. I did post these issues at the start but got told user error but now it seems clear others are having these issues also

Apathyzero535

Apr 24, 2015
Aurora, IL
Got my Lemo 2 Friday played around with it this weekend and I have to say it is awesome. Put a simple .5ohm build in it wicked it with Japanese cotton and its fantastic. No try hits or leaks with max VG juice running at ~32 watts on my sig 100. For wicking I was worried about having issues but all I did for this build was tuck the ends under themselves making it so the channels were completely clear but still leaving a shelf, if you will, for the juice to run into. That and having a spaced coil seems to be the way to go, for now at least. I'm enjoying it way to much to take it apart right now haha.

Attachments

• rsz_20150509_074539_hdr.jpg
    rsz_20150509_074539_hdr.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread