Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

stearic

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2012
Kansas
I'm pretty surprised with this tank. I have it setup with 28g nickel wire at .12 Ohm, with very high VG juice and it's still wicking like a charm. juice is Pope juice, vender doesn't say what the % is but they only sell it at the 1 ratio setup though, thinking about maybe thinning it out slightly with some more PG but for now it seems to be working fairly well.

Reactions: Redbellie

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I've got to be honest, I'm jealous of all of you who are nailing the wicking on this thing with max vg. It's not as bad as it was..but still not quite there. Maybe i need to leave more wick in the chimney. I've been cutting it back so its a mm or so above the deck, and then thinning it out and plastering it to the deck walls so the channels are completely clear. I end up left with a very small amount of wicking material (rayon or KGD). It will do ok for a few hits, but then I'll get a harsh hit until i seal it up and draw hard. This was on a 30/70 pg/vg juice. I've got to note that on a 50/50 it was fine. I just dont keep alot of 50/50 on hand.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've got to be honest. I'm a bit jealous of all you who are nailing this RTA with high VG juices. I'm still not quite there. It's better then it was originally, but after a handful of pulls, I get the harsh hit. I'm fairly certain its not a hot spot (i check when the tank is empty), and I usually end up doing a few sealed pulls to pull more juice into the chimney section. Maybe I'm not leaving enough wick. I cut a mm above the juice channel, thin it out, then plaster it along the walls of the deck. I check to make sure the channels are free and clear before I put it all together. Still not there.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I've got to be honest, I'm jealous of all of you who are nailing the wicking on this thing with max vg. It's not as bad as it was..but still not quite there. Maybe i need to leave more wick in the chimney. I've been cutting it back so its a mm or so above the deck, and then thinning it out and plastering it to the deck walls so the channels are completely clear. I end up left with a very small amount of wicking material (rayon or KGD). It will do ok for a few hits, but then I'll get a harsh hit until i seal it up and draw hard. This was on a 30/70 pg/vg juice. I've got to note that on a 50/50 it was fine. I just dont keep alot of 50/50 on hand.

That's how I've been wicking mine and so far, I've not had any problems with eliquid up to 80VG (haven't tried anything above that in it yet).

What kind of coil are you building? In my experience, high VG juices seem perform better in tanks when I do a spaced coil rather than a micro-coil. I've no idea why this is, but my theory is that spaced coils don't constrict the wick in a small, concentrated area like micros do, thus improving the wick's ability to efficiently deliver juice to the coil. Again, this is just my theory but it seems to work for me.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
That's how I've been wicking mine and so far, I've not had any problems with eliquid up to 80VG (haven't tried anything above that in it yet).

What kind of coil are you building? In my experience, high VG juices seem perform better in tanks when I do a spaced coil rather than a micro-coil. I've no idea why this is, but my theory is that spaced coils don't constrict the wick in a small, concentrated area like micros do, thus improving the wick's ability to efficiently deliver juice to the coil. Again, this is just my theory but it seems to work for me.
You could have a point with the spaced coils as that is all I have been doing using TC. I sometimes use 100% VG and it is working for me with the wick just touching slightly above the deck. I am using 3mm spaced coils of NI200 with a fairly tight Japanese cotton wick in the coil. One nice feature of TC is if I should be short on the ejuice it will just ease off on the power so I could possibly just not realize the wick being a bit dryer. But I do get a good solid vape with it and even a few pulls afterwards.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
You could have a point with the spaced coils as that is all I have been doing using TC. I sometimes use 100% VG and it is working for me with the wick just touching slightly above the deck. I am using 3mm spaced coils of NI200 with a fairly tight Japanese cotton wick in the coil. One nice feature of TC is if I should be short on the ejuice it will just ease off on the power so I could possibly just not realize the wick being a bit dryer. But I do get a good solid vape with it and even a few pulls afterwards.

It's good to hear that you're not having any problems running 100% VG in your Lemo 2. I'll definitely give it a shot once my vape mail gets delivered next week. :D

Reactions: JimScotty0

ChiBear85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2015
Chicago
I really love this tank except for two things first not being able to access the deck without finishing tank and second maybe its me cause I'm still at 18mg nic so I don't build subohm too harsh but I build between 1.2-1.5 with organic cotton and my NET's taste great but my juices from Nicoticket taste muted and the Nicoticket juices tend to pop more and are more likely to make my cotton get a burnt taste I would think I'd have that problem more with the NET's just dont get it lol

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014

I've been doing spaced coils as well and I think that was part of the problem initially , I kept getting hot spots. Right now I've got a 24 gauge 5 wrap coming in at .4 on my eleaf. Anything more the 3.4 V and it gets dry. Part of the issue is the company I buy juice from is very very thick. The lemo2 would probably be perfect if it had larger juice channels

Reactions: caferacer

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Using the Lemo 2 since yesterday, flavor is amazing, no dry hits with 80/20.

But it's got a slow but constant leak. Started after the second fill, first tank was fine. Airflow always closed when filling. Maybe the coil is too low? (It's a bit lower than the stock coil) Any other hints? Please help!
Be sure to always try to keep some vacuum in the tank. I take a pull with the airflow closed before I set it down. This tank likes vacuum and without it you may find ejuice coming out the air holes.

Reactions: SteamHead

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
No problems with dry hits...

Tried filling it horizontaly, finger on drip tip, AFC closed... worked for a bit, no leaking after filling. An hour later, random leaking a couple minutes after vaping.

JimScotty, wouldn't extra vacuum create more problems with leakage? If constant fiddling with the AFC is the only way to keep it from leaking, then this definitely isn't the tank for my wife (or did you only mean that you do that once, after the tank fill).

Grendel6.5

Moved On
Apr 25, 2015
No problems with dry hits...

Tried filling it horizontaly, finger on drip tip, AFC closed... worked for a bit, no leaking after filling. An hour later, random leaking a couple minutes after vaping.

JimScotty, wouldn't extra vacuum create more problems with leakage? If constant fiddling with the AFC is the only way to keep it from leaking, then this definitely isn't the tank for my wife.
They like a lot of wick material. The shelves where the juice comes up to via the channels is pretty large and more wick material solved it for me. 3mm dia coil wicked with rayon.

Grendel6.5

Moved On
Apr 25, 2015
I'd guess my coil is 3mm, using rayon as well. I thinned the tails pretty good, so I'll try that. Thanks!

Cool name, btw. 5.45 here :)
I just put it pretty tight through coil. Not so tight it distorts the coil shape(i use spaced coils),move it back and forth in coil and you will feel it kinda skip as it seats itself. As you know there will be a substantial bowtie going on at this point. Especially the end not twisted for insertion.
I initially cut the ends around where the clear orings inner diameter starts. Then i start the trimming to get it to just touch the deck. I cut the "wings" of the bowtie off about 1/8" from the end of the coil. Search ButtKickers lemo wick on you tube for a visual. I dont go as crazy with trimming as he does but its kinda shows it. I dont thin my tails , i just trim just enough to get it to lay flat and fit inside chimney.

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
I could use a little help; it's not just lemo issue, but thought maybe somebody here might help me.

So, i've been using my lemo 2 for a while now, and have rebuild it 20+ times. I don't experiment a lot, because i love(d) my builds. Its 26awg, 3mm, 7-8 wraps and comes out between 0.9 and 1.2 ohms.
I really liked the smooth vape i was getting from this build, but the last couple of days, i'm getting this popping sound and juice spitting in my mouth. Any ideas why? I've had this on other attys, but never understood the reason for that. Its not flooding or being dry. I guess it must be wicking problem? I do the pancake wicking method , always did, but something is different with my last couple of builds..

So, to shorten the question: why do i get the popping and spitting from coil? To much cotton,not enough or something else?

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
In my opinion, here are 3 things that I've face when I get popping or spitting:

1) wick running thru the coil is too thin.

2) you have stray cotton (or rayon) hair sticking out near the coil.

3) your liquid contain high amount of water

Hope the info helps

Thank you very much. Points 1 and 2 make a lot of sense to me, 3 not that much as i use same juices all the time. Thanks again, will keep an eye on that on my next builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread