Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I cut it so, that it just touches the deck, then i put some liquid on and plaster it against the wall. Will try to post a pic, once i empty my tank. But however you wick it, if you see a bubble after every hit, you should be fine ;)

I had a bubble after must every draw on every build until the one I did yesterday and not I have not bubble but have had maybe the best vape since I got the thing two weeks ago.
Anybody else have a great vape without the bubble?

pany

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2012
Cyprus
Same here Redbellie. Up until now I had bubbles after every draw but also had floating and leaking. I always did cut the cotton to just touch the deck. Today however, i wicked and put on the first part of the chimney and cut the cotton at chimney height. I then tucked the cotton inside making sure to keep the channels clear. I don't' have bubbles at every draw but the vape is very good.

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
Same here Redbellie. Up until now I had bubbles after every draw but also had floating and leaking. I always did cut the cotton to just touch the deck. Today however, i wicked and put on the first part of the chimney and cut the cotton at chimney height. I then tucked the cotton inside making sure to keep the channels clear. I don't' have bubbles at every draw but the vape is very good.

Thats the way I always do mine and it never leaks and I dont get dry hits
It works for me with all coil sizes and diameters

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ

Well this is just funny...but I just did a refill of juice and not I have my bubble back...but still vaping mighty fine...great clouds and good flavor...no leaking at all.
I am went back to a closed coil build...just got way to much splash up the my mouth with the spaced coil. Now its fine.
I did a wick basic to what you did. I cut my cotton pretty wide so that I have a pretty tight fit in the coil...that seems to help with the splash up and I've not had any leaking...so I'm knocking on wood that its going to continue to remain leak free and vaping good!!
I try to keep my cotton away from the chimney though....don't know if that makes any difference but I feel like the chimney will draw some juice from the cotton...but what do I know...its all about the fun of build, tinkering and sharing this fun way to pass the time!!!

Thanks for the input!!!

Dom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2015
Linwood, NJ
Whenever I read "engrish" like this I become more positive that one day my vape gear is going to grenade in my face.

proxy.jpg
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Is that for real:w00t:

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Finally secured the funds to pick up a couple of these. Just ordered this morning from Elev8 and hope to have them by this weekend.

I have two of these and I love them...but these are my first adventure with RTAs so I don't have anything to gage against but so far I am totally happy.

Love the fill method and it builds easy. Very, very limited leaks and that's due to my knocking them over or laying them vertical in my pocket.

The only thing I would really love to have on these is the Billow 2 version of access to to the deck so that building could be done without an empty tank...but that maybe will be addressed in a new version of the Lemo in the near future!!

Good luck...

Reactions: jefsview

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I have two of these and I love them...but these are my first adventure with RTAs so I don't have anything to gage against but so far I am totally happy.

Love the fill method and it builds easy. Very, very limited leaks and that's due to my knocking them over or laying them vertical in my pocket.

The only thing I would really love to have on these is the Billow 2 version of access to to the deck so that building could be done without an empty tank...but that maybe will be addressed in a new version of the Lemo in the near future!!

Good luck...

Thanks, but no luck needed (except for the mail breaking my glass tank or not). I have a Fogger V1/2, 5 KFL clones, 2 Orchid V4 and 3 Aqua V2 clones, plus several drippers. Building should be a breeze, and I've never had trouble with wicking since I began using rayon. Just wanted a few glass tanks for those problem eliquids we all enjoy sometimes.

And I enjoy saying Lemo ;)

Reactions: Redbellie

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Thanks, but no luck needed (except for the mail breaking my glass tank or not). I have a Fogger V1/2, 5 KFL clones, 2 Orchid V4 and 3 Aqua V2 clones, plus several drippers. Building should be a breeze, and I've never had trouble with wicking since I began using rayon. Just wanted a few glass tanks for those problem eliquids we all enjoy sometimes.

And I enjoy saying Lemo ;)

Awesome....I'm just started...but I know where this is going.
What's the biggest advantage to using rayon over cotton?

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
For the first two weeks with this Lemo 2 I had zero leaks...well with the exception of a small one when I put it in my pocket and it stayed in the vertical position for a good time and it leaked a very small amount...but until today...it's be a dry run.
But this morning I have had a big time leak and I cleaned it up...and a couple of hours later..had to clean it again. Same wicking as yesterday.
And what's with the bubbles or lack of bubbles?

Thanks for any help!

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
For the first two weeks with this Lemo 2 I had zero leaks...well with the exception of a small one when I put it in my pocket and it stayed in the vertical position for a good time and it leaked a very small amount...but until today...it's be a dry run.
But this morning I have had a big time leak and I cleaned it up...and a couple of hours later..had to clean it again. Same wicking as yesterday.
And what's with the bubbles or lack of bubbles?

Thanks for any help!

You mean horizontal, right? :) Same with the Lemo, the only time it has ever leaked on me (other than when I overfilled it) was when it was laid down on it's side in my car for about 30 minutes.

Reactions: Redbellie

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
You mean horizontal, right? :) Same with the Lemo, the only time it has ever leaked on me (other than when I overfilled it) was when it was laid down on it's side in my car for about 30 minutes.

Hey...I'm three days older than dirt...give me a break....Hahahaha...yeah..I had horizontal sent to my fingers but they have a mind of their own and so...there you go!!

Since this mornings event with the leak and clean up...which happened outside while I was walking the dog and did not really have time nor the ability to check while trying to handle my out of control pug to close look but when I got back home it was then I noticed that I was seeing a bubble released and sometimes I'd have two at the top..and that was not after a draw. Just be setting there...all alone..no draw and suddenly it burps up a bubble...nice size one...then before that one cleared another one would float to join it!! Never noticed that happening before.

Its like I have a gasket not sealing well and its allowing too much wicking and saturating the wick and down the air shaft...but...what the heck do I know?
I did not really want to do a fill until I have a better idea on what's causing it to suddenly start this leaking with so much bubbling going on!!

Any idea?

Reactions: caferacer

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Awesome....I'm just started...but I know where this is going.
What's the biggest advantage to using rayon over cotton?

It actually wicks :)

Rayon fibers transports liquid, while cotton absorbs it. Long story short, when I began rebuilding I used silica, then Ekowool, then cotton and Japanese cotton. And I always had wicking problems in tanks. Either dry hits or flooding. Take the Fogger RTA I have. I hated building on it, since it just was a PITA, and then it would either burn or leak. Then I tried rayon. And it began to work. During the process of learning how to use rayon, I had one leak early on, but that was it. The next rebuild, it went through 50ml of eliquid without a single problem, never a dry hit and never a leak. The only reason I re-wicked was curiosity.

I also think the flavor is better than cotton or silica. For me, it just works. JeremyR showed me the way and I couldn't be happier. Because of him, I love the Fogger now, and every other RTA and dripper I use. I can go a month without having to re-wick, and when you have a dozen rba/rtas that lets me enjoy life, and my other hobbies, again.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
It actually wicks :)

Rayon fibers transports liquid, while cotton absorbs it. Long story short, when I began rebuilding I used silica, then Ekowool, then cotton and Japanese cotton. And I always had wicking problems in tanks. Either dry hits or flooding. Take the Fogger RTA I have. I hated building on it, since it just was a PITA, and then it would either burn or leak. Then I tried rayon. And it began to work. During the process of learning how to use rayon, I had one leak early on, but that was it. The next rebuild, it went through 50ml of eliquid without a single problem, never a dry hit and never a leak. The only reason I re-wicked was curiosity.

I also think the flavor is better than cotton or silica. For me, it just works. JeremyR showed me the way and I couldn't be happier. Because of him, I love the Fogger now, and every other RTA and dripper I use. I can go a month without having to re-wick, and when you have a dozen rba/rtas that lets me enjoy life, and my other hobbies, again.

Thanks for the info...I am one who will experiment so I have that on my list of to do's!

Any type or brand that seems to work better than others?

Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread