ePuffer now one of my favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
So how can they double the prices for the same e-cigs, produced in the same factory as the one's you can buy for 40 dollars. Are you willing to pay 100 dollars more for a shinier box?

How come every time I hear this argument, the math is WAAAYYY wrong? :p

Who has decent quality e-cigs for $40? ANd if it's "double the price" how is that $100 more?

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Here you go, Marian......the Olympic Torch e-cig!

https://e-cig.com/shopping/shopdisp.../images/main/new.gif"+width="32"+height="14">

And welcome back, by the way. Hope you are on the road to recovery! :thumb:

Hi Windblown:

Thank you for the link. Very interesting. I wonder if the atomizer is located in a position higher than usual or if the cartridge is located lower than usual. I haven't had good luck with their e-cigs, so I think I'll pass; however, I was very curious to see the Olympic Torch!

And thank you very much for the welcome back. I can now sit at my computer for longer periods of time and can walk very well. I'm doing great. Thank you for your well-wishes!

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
And while I haven't done a puff count on the batteries yet, they don't seem to be lasting any longer than normal batteries.

Hey Leaford:

You know what else I've noticed? These different brands tout that their batteries should last two days and Sedansa says only eight hours. I think the Sedansa statement is more accurate. It all depends upon how much you puff. If you were to take a "smoke break" of 10 minutes once per hour, I'm sure the battery would last two days. But if you are a chain-puffer like I am, then they last a few hours. Of course, it would be nice if the manufacturers would cite puff counts like you do. You're a doll!!!

esmokey

Jun 25, 2008
Sorry only 66 dollars more. You can buy a yentl for 116 dollars, or you can buy a similar minicig made in the same factory on ebay for 50. They are both built around the same flawed technology.

The problem, when you buy on eBay, there is no return, exchange or money back.
Technically there is, but who wants to ship back to China and pay $30 for shipping and wait for another 3 weeks until your product arrives?

I've learned my lesson, and I'm sticking with a reputable brand for now.
Yes, you are paying a few extra bucks, but think of it as service contract or replacement warranty.

I still think that $79 is a reasonable price for a good puffer, two batteries, 15 cartridges and a carrying bag.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Sorry only 66 dollars more. You can buy a yentl for 116 dollars, or you can buy a similar minicig made in the same factory on ebay for 50. They are both built around the same flawed technology.
That's a bad example, Jarvis, since I've tried both, and the Janty Yentyl branded ones are better than the unbranded generic 103's. Easier draw and more vapor.

Not to mention that they do their own manufacturing now.

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
Bad example for you, because you've made it clear that you stand behind the name brands, and that's fine, but I'm trying to end the misconception among new users that buying a more expensive e-cigarette means that you are getting something more. Even if yentls were made out of gold they are still built around an atomizer design that relies on a wick that will burn up eventually. If customers want to pay for the expensive ones for the warranty and go through the trouble of returning it repeatedly then that's fine. I have chosen to acknowledge the fact that they are disposable, and go with cheap models that I can just buy 9 dollar atomizers for.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Bad example for you, because you've made it clear that you stand behind the name brands, and that's fine, but I'm trying to end the misconception among new users that buying a more expensive e-cigarette means that you are getting something more. Even if yentls were made out of gold they are still built around an atomizer design that relies on a wick that will burn up eventually. If customers want to pay for the expensive ones for the warranty and go through the trouble of returning it repeatedly then that's fine. I have chosen to acknowledge the fact that they are disposable, and go with cheap models that I can just buy 9 dollar atomizers for.

I stand behind better performance, and I don't care whether that has a brand name or not. But in this case, the brand name performs better. I've used both. The Yentyl has given me more vapor with an easier draw than any other manufacturer's DSE-103 style mini.

You bring up the warranty versus disposable issue yet again; that's a matter of preference I guess. you see e-mailing for a replacement as "trouble." I don't see it as more trouble than placing an order for a new one. And less expensive in the long run. $9 a pop adds up. But that's a subjective matter of preference, as I said.

But objectively speaking, the Yentyl just plain works better. More smoke, easier draw. Better than the generic I got from Heaven Gift, better than the generic from e-cig-sales, better than the branded SmartFixx, better than minicigarette.net, better than anyone else's dse-103 style mini. Not to mention the extra option of using a manual switch battery, and just plain better batteries in general.

If you're trying to argue that the brand names are no better than the generics, that's the wrong brand name to choose. It really IS better.

NEKine

Aug 25, 2008
Hawaii, US
But objectively speaking, the Yentyl just plain works better. More smoke, easier draw. Better than the generic I got from Heaven Gift, better than the generic from e-cig-sales, better than the branded SmartFixx, better than minicigarette.net, better than anyone else's dse-103 style mini. Not to mention the extra option of using a manual switch battery, and just plain better batteries in general.

My Yentl no work as good as my generic Super Cig. But I tink someting wrong wid mine. Waiting for replacement. Hopefully going work better soon.

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
I respect your opinion Leaford, and I know you have more hands on experience with different brands than me, as I'm just going by peoples reviews of the yentl. As the current design means all e-cigs, no matter the price tag, have an expiration date so to speak, I'll continue to buy cheap parts for my generic, because I like having a few atomizers and batteries on hand and it doesn't cost a fortune to do so. So far I've got 3 batteries and 4 atomizers for the same generic, and I've still spent less than what it would've cost to buy a ruyan, njoy or janty. Hopefully a good disposable will come around before I buy too many more atomizers, so I can switch over to that. I shouldn't have brought up my wariness of the name brands in this thread and I'm sorry it got off topic, my original intention was to see if anyone else feels the same way about websites re-branding generics at random prices.

Pangoo

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
NYC
Newbie here.

Got the Elite Mini from ePuffer last Thursday. Charged the extra battery overnight, but it didn't work. The one attached to the atomizer in the box worked fine and came charged.

I had also purchased a bottle of e-liquid in the same order, but the liquid wasn't included in the package.

Upon e-mailing e-Puffer with my issues, they said they'd ship out the liquid and a replacement battery if I ordered a set of cartridges, and that I wouldn't have to return the defective battery. This second package should arrive sometime later this week.

In the meantime over the weekend I was happily puffing away for four days (not smoking any real cigarettes), but all of a sudden the mini stopped working yesterday. I don't know if it's the battery or the atomizer, but I charged the battery and drained the atomizer overnight hoping it'd be fine this morning, but no go.

Just e-mailed e-Puffer again to see if they can help me resurrect the mini, or if I'll need to send it back to be replaced.

Went out and bought a pack of smokes because I was going nuts.

On another note, I had thought that each cartridge was supposed to be about the equivalent of/last as long as a pack of regular smokes, but was disappointed when they only actually lasted less than a day, even after squeezing down on and flipping the core in the cartridge. A regular pack of 20 cigarettes lasts me two days. The cartridges still end up being cheaper than an $8.75 pack of smokes in NYC, but I guess I'll have to change them or refill them with liquid daily.

Customer service at e-Puffer so far has been pretty good, although I'm still waiting for a response to my last e-mail about the dead mini. I'm just not too happy that the product itself has died on me after only 4 days.

Also ordered another mini e-cig from PureSmoker yesterday, hope that one works for me.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
I stand behind better performance, and I don't care whether that has a brand name or not. But in this case, the brand name performs better. I've used both. The Yentyl has given me more vapor with an easier draw than any other manufacturer's DSE-103 style mini.

You bring up the warranty versus disposable issue yet again; that's a matter of preference I guess. you see e-mailing for a replacement as "trouble." I don't see it as more trouble than placing an order for a new one. And less expensive in the long run. $9 a pop adds up. But that's a subjective matter of preference, as I said.

If you're trying to argue that the brand names are no better than the generics, that's the wrong brand name to choose. It really IS better.

I heartily agree, buy from those, who stand behind their products, especially if you are obsessed with smoking.:cool:

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
Pangoo said:
Also ordered another mini e-cig from PureSmoker yesterday, hope that one works for me.

Now your on the right track! Puresmoker has much better prices than ePuffer, is much faster and you'll get great customer service if you need it. My first e-cig was a super mini from ePuffer. After 3 days hated it, wasn't doing the trick. So I ordered a mini from Puresmoker then a week or two later a Classic penstyle and have been in vapor heaven ever since.

Any cart claimed to last for 20 cigs worth is nonsense. A mini cart is maybe 6-7 cigs, a penstyle 8-10. It's cheaper to buy some eliquid and keeping your carts topped off. You can use the same cart for days that way. You should also have 1 or 2 spare atomizers onhand just in case. That will keep you from having to fall back on reg cigs if an atomizer goes cold.

Happy vaping and welcome to the forum!
th_smiley_emoticons_cooler.gif

Pangoo

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
NYC
mEtoke2:

You're right. I received my 901 from Puresmoker this morning. It's the white one as opposed to the black one I got from ePuffer, but everything else is exactly the same, down to the brand of the charger. Only difference was that ePuffer's packaging box was plain white, while Puresmoker's was white & blue and labeled "Mini Cigarette".

I was curious as to what parts of my ePuffer 901 were dead, so I interchanged components with my new one from Puresmoker. Turns out that it was the battery. So both batteries I received from ePuffer were faulty (first one didn't work at all after charging overnight, second one died after 4 days of moderate use).

I am waiting for one replacement battery which ePuffer said they'd send with my order of one 5-pack of cartridges. When the e-cig died on me on the fourth day (I wasn't sure whether it was the battery or the atomizer), I e-mailed ePuffer again to ask if they had any advice on what to do, or whether I should send the whole thing back for a replacement. They haven't replied to that e-mail or a follow-up two days later. I sent another e-mail this morning to let them know it was the battery. We'll have to see if they get back to me.

But in any case, since the product seems to be identical, I would purchase starter kits from Puresmoker, who charges MUCH less for it. LitecigUSA also seems to have the same product for even less, but I don't know whether or not it's the same e-cig yet. I have just ordered some batteries and atomizers from LiteCigUSA to find out. Both Puresmoker and LitecigUSA are extremely helpful and responsive to all my e-mails to them. I wish every company I dealt with were like them.

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
Pangoo said:
I am waiting for one replacement battery which ePuffer said they'd send with my order of one 5-pack of cartridges.

I think that's bad customer service that you had to put in a cart order to get this handled. They forgot to ship your liquid and you had a warranty issue. Your liquid and battery should have been sent to you with no strings attached. Not a good way to keep a customer hey? Hope you have better luck with your second battery issue.

But in any case, since the product seems to be identical, I would purchase starter kits from Puresmoker, who charges MUCH less for it. LitecigUSA also seems to have the same product for even less, but I don't know whether or not it's the same e-cig yet. I have just ordered some batteries and atomizers from LiteCigUSA to find out.

Same thing.

Mommyshann

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
Florida, USA
Talk about bad customer service! Esmokey who is a rep for this supplier actually had the nerve to say that I was too cute for him to answer my questions regarding the epuffer site claims. The homepage of their site claims:

"The Electronic cigarette is a high tech product developed to provide smokers with a clean alternative to smoking. It contains, no carbon monoxide, no tar, and no cancer-causing chemicals. You will still be smoking like you do normally, and you will still be getting a nicotine dose, however you wont be breathing in cancer causing carcinogens, and other 4000 chemicals. This sounds to good to be true, but thanks to modern technology, scientists have created the cigarette of the future, and is here now, available to order online and get delivered right to your home."

Their page on the mini also states:

"Description

The ePuffer Elite MINI penstyle electronic cigarette is a high tech product developed to provide smokers with a clean alternative to smoking. It contains, no carbon monoxide, no tar, and no cancer-causing chemicals."

Now, perhaps I'm wrong, but it is my understanding from these forums and from reputable suppliers that I have purchased from and spoken to, that e-cigarettes have not gone through enough research and testing to be able to make any claims to safety. If epuffer has done this research, as esmokey has stated in another thread that they have and that this research is the reason for epuffer's prices being so much higher than other suppliers, then why is it that when I ask for the results and data from these tests that the only response I receive is that I am "too cute" for him to address my questions? It is representatives like this Esmokey guy that will end up giving the entire e-cigarette industry a bad name and hurt reputable suppliers on here like Puresmoker, Litecigusa, TheSmokelessShop and others. So, there you have my epuffer review. Based on the way this guy has conducted himself on these boards and the demeaning way he has addressed me, I would have to say that epuffer.com's customer service is definitely lacking. They should find a new person to represent them on these forums if they expect anyone to take them seriously.

One last question for epuffer as well: Their site states the following

"ePuffer Nicotine Strength Level

(Z)ero 0mg, (L)ow 0.6mg, (M)ild 1.1, (H)igh 1.6mg, (ES)trong 2.4"

Now, in my research I have found that the comparable nicotine levels are 0mg, 6mg, 11mg, 16mg and 24mg. So do they have incorrect dosage information on their site or are they really charging that much for such low levels and ripping their customers off?

Last edited:

Pangoo

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
NYC
Correction.

ePuffer has e-mailed back a response to my second message regarding the second faulty battery, but it was to ask if I had received my replacement battery yet (they were referring to the first replacement, for the battery
that was dead out of the box).

Seems they didn't understand that eventually the second battery also died on me.

I have just e-mailed them back explaining that my second battery from them died after four days and asked if I should send both dead items back for an exchange. I'll see what happens from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread