Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Kristen, I strongly believe that you should add some information under the DIPPING section which discusses how the 306 atomizer is compatible with the 510 battery and has an exposed atomizer, making it perfect for dipping when you feel like doing so.

There are many of us who use this combination, and it is a great alternative. I strictly dip using my 306 atomizer during the day while working, using a contact lense case to hold the juice. But when I go out on the town I stick my 510 atomizer back on and go back to using cartridges.

Everyone will have different preferences, but the 306 atomizer is a very important option and deserves to be mentioned as a viable alternative that allows you to do some dipping if you are so inclined.

And thanks for all of your efforts!!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin, I strongly believe that you should add some information under the DIPPING section which discusses how the 306 atomizer is compatible with the 510 battery and has an exposed atomizer, making it perfect for dipping when you feel like doing so.

There are many of us who use this combination, and it is a great alternative. I strictly dip using my 306 atomizer during the day while working, using a contact lense case to hold the juice. But when I go out on the town I stick my 510 atomizer back on and go back to using cartridges.

Everyone will have different preferences, but the 306 atomizer is a very important option and deserves to be mentioned as a viable alternative that allows you to do some dipping if you are so inclined.

And thanks for all of your efforts!!
Done. Thanks for your input!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Loose Cartridges:
The diameter of 510 atomizer was recently made larger, resulting in the older, smaller cartridges not fitting properly and falling off.
The only 510 atomizers which I know of that had this problem were some that one particular vendor was selling, but doesn't anymore. Although the vendor never confirmed or denied it, it appears that they were not genuine Joye 510 atomizers. Unfortunately a couple other manufacturers in China make their own versions of the 510. The JSB-510 being one of them.

Joye has confirmed to a couple of forum members that they have NOT made any modifications to the 510 atty, nor the diameter of it, so as long as you are using genuine Joye 510 parts you won't have any problem with the cartridges not fitting properly.

With that said, that was a VERY good beginners guide to the 510 Kristin! Excellent work on your part! :thumbs:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
The only 510 atomizers which I know of that had this problem were some that one particular vendor was selling, but doesn't anymore. Although the vendor never confirmed or denied it, it appears that they were not genuine Joye 510 atomizers. Unfortunately a couple other manufacturers in China make their own versions of the 510. The JSB-510 being one of them.

Joye has confirmed to a couple of forum members that they have NOT made any modifications to the 510 atty, nor the diameter of it, so as long as you are using genuine Joye 510 parts you won't have any problem with the cartridges not fitting properly.

With that said, that was a VERY good beginners guide to the 510 Kristin! Excellent work on your part! :thumbs:

Rsl--i am not going to name the Vendors, but I personally have loose cartridges from 3 different vendors, all who I have spoke to about this issue. Seems a lot of them made it on the market. I can confirm this 100 percent as well as the fix for it. Sun

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Another little trick to throw in here. Anybody who has restuffed a 510 cartridge knows that when you're done you have little bit filler strands hanging out the top. And those little guys are bad news because they can get on the coil and burn/melt. The traditional cure is to get in there with a little scissors and try to nip them all away.

Better solution: pull the filler out just a bit and then pull out that old Bic lighter of yours (remember that thing... you used to light analogs with it!) and just graze the tip of the exposed filler with the flame. Go easy. This will quickly burn away all of the errant fibers and will actually "crown" the end of your filler just a little bit. My experience is that this will actually give you a better wicking action and an enhanced vape.... without the burning taste and contamination caused by the wandering little fibers.

Overpriced at $.02

Last edited:

Beer Man

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Wonder Lake, Illinois USA
...And you're cute too. So my girlfriend says. Interested in a three way? Har! Just kidding, we both thank you for the excellent piece you did. Your post, through this forum, are absolutely enlightening.

510 should be here this week....And I purchased a bunch of flavors to appeal to the gf too. Let's face it, we all need to get off analogs.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

Thanks a million! I just ordered my first 510 (I have been using a 901 since Aug 11th '09) It ships today and I WANT IT NOW!!! I got the 510 Mega from TW. They have a great sale going on right now. I've got the 901 issues mastered (as much as one can) and Its the same one I started with. I think Im ready to enter into the world of the 510 and start that "learning curve" over again....LOL Your information on the 510 will be priceless Im sure. Thanks again for your post. Cya :D

Last edited:

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I do not know y but my RN4081 to giving more vapor then my Joye 510 i think the 510 is over rated i think i will just go on and use my RN4081 from now on.
510 sucks !!!!!!!

YOU think the 510 sucks, speak for yourself. It just doesnt work for YOU for whatever reason. Its a great vape and most all of the members of my club have a 510 alone or they have others too. They all give a thumbs up for the 510.

I think 510 ROCKS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread