Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
And just when we think we've got the 510 completely figured out.... the 520 is on its way.... ;-)

Nooooooooo!!!! Im running out of money LOL! I likey new sparklie thingys! Gotta get one. Or pay rent....darn landlord anyway. Why couldnt we all have been born rich instead of so good looking..LMAO!!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
What's a 520 and where did you get this tidbit of info?? LOL

We also need to add the new cart mods to the first post. Can a moderator please add these to the appropriate "Filler mods" section:

Auto Drip mod (ADM): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/46294-must-try-adm-auto-drip-mod.html

Reservoir Straw & Plug Mod (RSP): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/46916-reservoir-straw-plug-mod-rsp-mod.html

Blue Foam Plug Mod: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-foam-plug-bfp-510-cart-mod-search-over.html

shasta

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
The postal carrier just came to the door to have me sign for a package! IT'S MY NEW JOYE 510!! :thumbs:I am reading your instructions! The battery worked right out of the box and the light is green on the charger. I have it plugged in, but I'm going to charge it for 4 hours. All of my cartridges are pre-filled with high nicotine. I do have a few bottles of juice. Now to figure out how to redo one of these cartridges so that I can try some cherry, vanilla coffee and vanilla carmel.

Thank you Kristin!

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
YOU think the 510 sucks, speak for yourself. It just doesnt work for YOU for whatever reason. Its a great vape and most all of the members of my club have a 510 alone or they have others too. They all give a thumbs up for the 510.

I think 510 ROCKS!!!!

i only use a 510:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

BECAUSE IT IS THE HOTTEST E CIG OUT THERE

I bought a 510 about 2 weeks ago and at first it wasn't hitting that great. I switched to the spring mod when I use the cart and when I go out I mostly drip. The spring mod is great as I don't need to top off as often. I started with the MLB HIGH prefilled carts and those started tasting pretty nasty. I since then have ordered from Juicy Juice and the taste is a lot better. I only have two attys and one of them was screwed up when I got it. The fiberglass wick is not installed right or something. I still need to check the ohms on both attys. Now, when I hit my 510, I basicly allways have to take small short drags or the thing gets too hot and will start to create a burnt taste with my liquid. Even after I blow my atty out and put fresh liquid on the coil, all them same. It has hit good a few times, but quickly goes back to poorly operating. I have manual batts only. I ordered my 510 from cignot. Anyone have problems from them?? Their shipping was fast and the price was good. $40 for 2 batts, 2 attys, 5 carts, a charger and 2 blank carts. No box was included hence the lower price.

Either way, I'm loving the new PV hobby of mine. Can't wait to try other models out. lol

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
Wow...I've been researching for days now and I'm glad I cam across this. Thank you so much for taking your time and writing all this up for all of us! I know it will help me a lot when my L2-501 comes in from strictlyejuice. I will post my thoughts as a noob when I get it. Thank you again!

Gina

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
I bought a 510 about 2 weeks ago and at first it wasn't hitting that great. I switched to the spring mod when I use the cart and when I go out I mostly drip. The spring mod is great as I don't need to top off as often. I started with the MLB HIGH prefilled carts and those started tasting pretty nasty. I since then have ordered from Juicy Juice and the taste is a lot better. I only have two attys and one of them was screwed up when I got it. The fiberglass wick is not installed right or something. I still need to check the ohms on both attys. Now, when I hit my 510, I basicly allways have to take small short drags or the thing gets too hot and will start to create a burnt taste with my liquid. Even after I blow my atty out and put fresh liquid on the coil, all them same. It has hit good a few times, but quickly goes back to poorly operating. I have manual batts only. I ordered my 510 from cignot. Anyone have problems from them?? Their shipping was fast and the price was good. $40 for 2 batts, 2 attys, 5 carts, a charger and 2 blank carts. No box was included hence the lower price.

Either way, I'm loving the new PV hobby of mine. Can't wait to try other models out. lol

EVERYTHING you have mentioned about the atty problems are Definitely not normal, I think you just got the bad bunch....

Also if it has not been too long since you have gotten it, tell them you want an exchange, if it is pass their warranty period, all you have to do is order another set (SAME SET) and a few days after you receive it, tell em that it is acting BAD and DO NOT TELL THEM that you are new at e-cigs (If you Are) tell them you have used every possible cleaning method invented.

Then return the older one to them...

What I am proposing for you to do may be somewhat a of a scheme but it is not really because you DID infact get a bad 510 kit...

Hope this helps,
Happy Vaping to ALL!!!!!

Harry

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
also, if they have it, I strongly suggest you get the USB Passtrough with the 320 mAh Battery because that is a Really good product..

1 because it can be used even if not plugged into a usb port
2 Because it is the only USB Passthrough that I know of that can be used with a car-USB adapter or from a wall socket with a USB converter.

heckler

Nov 7, 2009
I love the 510
I got my starter and supplies from Healthcabin

I got the USB Pass-through and PCC with batt and atty about 2 weeks into it as well...
ordered 3 extra atty's (one was faulty)

From what I gather, my product is made by Boge (copy, but reasonable quality)

Nevertheless, some things I've noticed thus far (6 weeks in)
The atty's are hit and miss...
you should get about 2 weeks MINIMUM from heavy-duty use on the atty's (meaning you run them WARM... I'll hit it three times, 5 secs per hit, over 30 seconds then put it down for a few minutes)
Although I have one atty that has gone 6 weeks without problems...
but my original 2 are showing 4 ohms... (a new one should be about 2.2 Ohms)
I find I hit the USB PT more often than the battery mounts....
probably cuz i do it while trading stocks (stress stress stress)
That might wear out an atty faster...

If the atty is showing 3-4 Ohms, I'll run it a couple seconds longer since the vape doesn't come otherwise, but I find it is still weak relative to a 2 Ohm atty...

I don't think the attys are usable after 5 Ohms

So far, my only battery issues came after about 2 weeks... where post-charge I had to trigger the batts 5-9 times before the LED would come on, but after a few days, that issue went away (I still have my original batts, and they work fine)
This could be due to the Protection Circuit kicking in...
Temperature? Current?

I think the USB PT burns more JUICE than normal (perhaps due to the higher current... 320mAh is more than the batts, I believe)

I go through about 1.1-1.2mls of Juice/day

Anyway,
6 weeks, 1 atty faulty, 2 atty's burning out, 2 going strong...
all batts are still good ( I get 1 1/2 -2 hours of steady use from them)
PCC is great, USB is handy but seems to burn more juice...

When the draw on the atty gets hard, I rinse it under hot Tap-water (slow drip) then dry it... Prime with a drop and fire away...
the attys seem to work better if you let it dry for 24-48 hours....
but don't forget to prime it with a drop of juice...
I don't believe dry-burning is good for Ni-Chrome

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
hey thanks for the great guide will be ordering my 510 kit this weekend from cignot. one question i have is on the pcc that comes with it is it reliable or is it like the blu pcc i know it is to small for the titan batts but i belive im getting the regular manual batts in that kit . ty all

The PCC works fine - but you'll get tired of battery swapping nonstop real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread