Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
problem will be adding the taste of burnt tobacco or just casual ash..in the mix
uh ?
Not sure I understand.

Every tobacco extract will taste different. Some, very different.

Here is a good thread, with opinions, on tobaccos that have been extracted. Best tobacco for flavor extraction

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
You're not going to get the burnt tobacco taste with NET's. You will get the taste of the tobacco itself which is pretty awesome. I would also caution about trying to extract a Marlobro cigarette as all the chemicals in that cigarette will be extracted into the mix. Look at the link Rick posted and go there and ask questions. There are many talented people who have been extracting for years who will be more than happy to help you extract safely and will help to produce some decent NETs.

The closest I get to a burnt cigarette is with Mild 7 and Wenston, both from SC. I mix them at 3%. It is not the same as a burning cig but in my mind, it's close. Heck, it's been so long since I had a smoke I am probably way off. But these have that smokey quality to them. Not much, just enough to trick my mind I guess.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I am currently enjoying a new tobacco-esque mixture. I’ve been vaping ry4 double mixed at 10% for several years now and needed something new. I mixed up some Inawera gold ducat at bout 2-3% and purlium sweet tobacco at bout 5% added a pinch of e.m. Crystals to smooth things out and viola. I tried it after a week steep but it was a little something? Don’t know how to describe it it was just too something? Anyway after two weeks and the flavors have all combined nicely and are getting along much better and I’m enjoying the flavor. It’s a sweet nutty tobacco-esque flavor with a delicious exhale so hooray for me I now have two different flavors to vape. Variety is indeed the spice of life.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I am currently enjoying a new tobacco-esque mixture. I’ve been vaping ry4 double mixed at 10% for several years now and needed something new. I mixed up some Inawera gold ducat at bout 2-3% and purlium sweet tobacco at bout 5% added a pinch of e.m. Crystals to smooth things out and viola. I tried it after a week steep but it was a little something? Don’t know how to describe it it was just too something? Anyway after two weeks and the flavors have all combined nicely and are getting along much better and I’m enjoying the flavor. It’s a sweet nutty tobacco-esque flavor with a delicious exhale so hooray for me I now have two different flavors to vape. Variety is indeed the spice of life.
Goodness, you added sweetener to Ry4D mix?!?

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Crystals to smooth things out and viola.

I have kinda discovered for myself that having my wife's juice sitting on the top shelf so around 6 feet off the floor in a open room is darker than juice of hers I have had in a dark closet in the same room also being @ 6 feet high on a closet shelf in the basement. This is over a couple month period but in the summer so its much warmer but still quite cool and cooler in the winter. I use 1% Signature Circus cotton candy and 4% Hangsen desert ship in her cotton candy juice I make so its no where near overly sweet. I don't heat steep any of my juices.
The heat of the room plays a part in how much and how fast some juices and/or the sweeteners darken. This is just with her CC juice, my juices sit on the same shelf but lower and taste just dandy. At 4-6% tobacco and no sweetener my juices can sit and darken after a couple months just slightly after they mix using a magnetic mixer, just about all my HS tobac vapes are the same color. More to the shade of morning pizz than being golden colored
I will say that a hour of using a mixer you can't shake that kinda blending into any juice. If your a ansy juice maker than I say the mixer speeds up steep time some but patience makes the best juices.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Goodness, you added sweetener to Ry4D mix?!?
It doesn’t seem to sweeten as much as smooth out the flavors. You know if a mix has an overly chemical taste it seems to get rid of that. Basically smooths out the sharp edges if that make sense. Also it’s a good way to tell if a juice has fully steeped. When the crystals have all dissolved with a daily shake it’s usually bout ready to vape. It could be that because I’m only using a pinch that it doesn’t overly sweeten the juice. I think that e.m. Is an invaluable tool for any mixologist and I add it to just about anything I mix.

Reactions: DavidOck

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
EM mutes flavors more than it sweetens. If using too much flavor EM can mask that.

The Purilum Sweet tobacco is really nice. I think I like it better than Double RY4. Most of the other Purilum flavors are good too. The butter pecan mixed with the sweet tobacco is very nice.

AeinZharil

Jun 10, 2013
Malaysian
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not a flavoring

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
EM mutes flavors more than it sweetens. If using too much flavor EM can mask that.

The Purilum Sweet tobacco is really nice. I think I like it better than Double RY4. Most of the other Purilum flavors are good too. The butter pecan mixed with the sweet tobacco is very nice.
I think I agree with you that sweet tobacco is better than ry4 double. It could be that all I’ve vaped for the last several years is ry4 double but this sweet tobacco is pretty delicious. I still enjoy the double but I was in need of a change. I have some flavor art ry4 and max blend that I haven’t tried yet but I hope it’s good too.

Reactions: DavidOck

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
is there anything that tastes really like smoked tobacco or a smoked cigarette .. a marlboro or a brand alike
I'm not an expert but didn't find anything still.. found a bunch of differently sweet flavor in my short taste research , that do not quite remotely compare to the taste of a cigarette / tobacco burnt into ash

-sorry if I didnt run all the 225 pages

Sorry to say no vape really tastes like burning tobacco (though IW Smooth does tastes of stale ashtray...). However, realize that vaping is better than smoking -- in every possible way -- including taste. May take several weeks or months for your taste buds to recover from smoking. Bonus is food starts to taste better and your sense of smell return.

These are hundreds of tobacco flavors available but based on what you've said take a look at Hangsen. May want to try their Red USA, USA Mix, Desert Ship and Churchill. Somewhat different though enjoyable are their Arabic and Elder Captain. GL

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I believe Desert Ship is the sweetest of those that LoveVanilla mentioned. I'm not sure if you meant that you'd tried the others, but if you want to avoid sweet, that would be the last one I'd try. I got it, and can't vape it because it is too sweet for me. Per my earlier post, I'd also recommend these - none are sweet, and I like them all because they do a great job of replacing cigarettes:

My current favorites:
Hangsen Tab at 7%. It's kind of become a base for me. As a standalone, it's not too interesting, but it's a straight ahead tobacco (some say nutty, but I don't get that), with solid throat hit, just a rich, full bodied tobacco with good mouth feel. I generally fill about 1/2 - 2/3 of a tank with it, then add another flavor on top of it. I hear Hangsen Highway is similar, but it's always out of stock when I order

Hangsen Gold & Silver at 7%. Very much like a cigarette - reminds me of smoking my dad's Lucky Strike unfiltered. Great throat hit, strong flavor. Hits a lot of high notes, so I use maybe 2/3 Tab as the base, and add 1/3 G&S.

Inawara Flue Cured at 3%. Very authentic tobacco. Not a weak flavor at all, but not as bold & "sharp" as G&S. Doesn't taste sweetened at all, but has a natural hay/strawlike sweetness. This is a great standalone when you don't want something as powerful, but still has a lot of flavor. I've been experimenting with this one, adding a touch of FA Strawberry Ripe...trying to see if can add a fruit flavor to my arsenal.

Inawara TA Garuda (forget the %, don't have notes with me) Really nice tobacco, hits the high notes. Has a really nice cigarlike quality, but not as deep and rich. I top off the Tab with this all the time to add that sharpness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread