Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    7 Leaves is the only flavor I have ordered time and again among all the ones that I have tried - and I have tried many. One reason it has been overlooked so far I suspect is because it needs a long, long steep. It is easy to give up on a flavor after a week or two of waiting.

Intresting thought, I'll have to give it another try!

I'm relatively new to DIY liquid and love tobacco flavors, perfect timing for me to find this great thread!
    Thanks

derogg

ECF Veteran
    Feb 27, 2014
    Socal
    I love that one too! it is part of my 7 or 8 adv's lol.
    When you feel adventurous make an small batch of it and add 1 drop of Old havana to 5ml of Garuda-Clove liquid...

I mixed some last night that I added a bit of DNB and some Hangsens Indian.Havent tried it yet......will report back.
    I don't have any old Havana, the closest I have is Inw. Cuban Cigar TA

Exchaner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 29, 2013
    California
    DNB is very different then TA. DNB gives a vape that ashy taste you find in the american cigarette type vapes. I use it when there's a need for a bit more throat hit when creating my red type vapes.

DNB adds an ashy element to your mix. TA are more of a "pure" tobacco flavor, you would use to add enhance the flavor. At least that's how I understand and use them.

Can I assume therefore that DNB has no taste of its own, just an ashy texture? Ash to me has no taste.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2009
    I mixed some last night that I added a bit of DNB and some Hangsens Indian.Havent tried it yet......will report back.
    I don't have any old Havana, the closest I have is Inw. Cuban Cigar TA

No, Old Havana is nothing like Cuban or any other cigar, it tastes a bit as licorice to me with maybe other spices. if you don't have it then keep it that way lol.

Last edited:

derogg

ECF Veteran
    Feb 27, 2014
    Socal
    No, Old Havana is nothing like Cuban or any other cigar, it tastes a bit as licorice to me with maybe other spices. if you don't have it then keep it that way lol.

I'm not to fond of licorice flavor in my juice. It seems that there are a few that I have that have that note.

The DNB smells like tar to me when I take a sniff out of the bottle. Whatever that is worth.:2c:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    Like a dirty ash tray for example?

The best description I've herd (Because I said it:)) is it's like licking the bottom of a dirty ash tray. If you were ever a smoker you would likely remember that after taste you had in your mouth after taking that last puff and putting the cigarette out. Well that's the taste of DNB. It's the ingredient that makes a true american cigarette vape real.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    I understand what the grassy or hay taste is but I having trouble with ashy. To me its the dirt taste that associates with those 4 bucks for 100ml Chinese tobacco juices. To me its earthy to dirt.
    The highway and desertship have the grassy taste IMO

Smell a dirty ashtray and imagine how that would taste, That's DNB.

I know you all are wondering "How can something so horrible sounding have a place in vaping" But it actually is very popular for those trying to produce that real cigarette taste. DNB is a key ingredient in accomplishing this. I use it myself quite often. Many of you think it's a flavor but I look at it more as an additive or enhancer. In other words you would not want to use it as your base tobacco ingredient. Lets say your using a tobacco to create that marlb red taste and it taste more like pipe tobacco or it's close but missing that dirty dry throat hit that the famous red has. DNB is the additive that adds that.

Last edited:

Exchaner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 29, 2013
    California
    Intresting thought, I'll have to give it another try!

I'm relatively new to DIY liquid and love tobacco flavors, perfect timing for me to find this great thread!
    Thanks

If you still have some 7Leaves mixture that you haven't touched for a while, It'd be interesting to know what you think of it now.

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Independence, Louisiana, United States
    I have western and Type-M, both of which have that horrible licking an ash try taste but I been wondering how they would go in a tobacco mixture at low percentages. So far I tried them as the main flavor and to me, they are horrible but a hint of them in a recipe might add the certain pizzazz that some are looking for.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    I have western and Type-M, both of which have that horrible licking an ash try taste but I been wondering how they would go in a tobacco mixture at low percentages. So far I tried them as the main flavor and to me, they are horrible but a hint of them in a recipe might add the certain pizzazz that some are looking for.

It is one of those aquired taste type vapes so it's just something that needs some experimentation to determine where it fits into your vaping arsonal..

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Independence, Louisiana, United States
    I was going to order some DNB and am glad they was out of stock at Bullcity now. I smoked Marlboro Reds and lights for decades and that flavor of western and Type M which is the licking an ashtray flavor is nothing like a Marlboro to me. With that said I am going to experiment with a drop or two to 15ml batches and see if it adds an enhancement, or ruins the mix. Treat it like a Tobacco Absolute and who knows, it might end up being the tobacco vape I been searching for. If it taste nasty at first then see what a 30 day steep does for it.
    I mixed up four 15ml batches tonight of tobacco flavor. The main tobacco flavors was as follows. Capella's Smooth, Mild, True and Inawara Arabica.

Tobacco Flavor %10
    Hangsen Flue Cured %2
    Rustica TA %2
    Sweet Cream %2

To the smooth mixture I added 1 drop from a baby pippete of FA Western. Now to let them steep for a bit and give them a try.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2009
    I was going to order some DNB and am glad they was out of stock at Bullcity now. I smoked Marlboro Reds and lights for decades and that flavor of western and Type M which is the licking an ashtray flavor is nothing like a Marlboro to me. With that said I am going to experiment with a drop or two to 15ml batches and see if it adds an enhancement, or ruins the mix. Treat it like a Tobacco Absolute and who knows, it might end up being the tobacco vape I been searching for. If it taste nasty at first then see what a 30 day steep does for it.
    I mixed up four 15ml batches tonight of tobacco flavor. The main tobacco flavors was as follows. Capella's Smooth, Mild, True and Inawara Arabica.

Tobacco Flavor %10
    Hangsen Flue Cured %2
    Rustica TA %2
    Sweet Cream %2

To the smooth mixture I added 1 drop from a baby pippete of FA Western. Now to let them steep for a bit and give them a try.

DNB does not taste or smell at all like western cowboy or M-type. DNB is a good additive that can't be judged by its smell. That family of M-Type, Wester, DK and others all share a very strong smell, being the worst (or the best), M-type. there is no comparison with DNB, DNB is just great!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread