Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
After two days of vaping INW 555 Gold that has steeped 'naturally' (no heat) for almost two months, without any breathing, streathing or whatever, i think it's a great flavor too. Tried it after a week or two and there was still too much anise or licorice (?) going on, but now it's nicely rounded.

Not even close to HS 555 Highway however. Totally different.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
After two days of vaping INW 555 Gold that has steeped 'naturally' (no heat) for almost two months, without any breathing, streathing or whatever, i think it's a great flavor too. Tried it after a week or two and there was still too much anise or licorice (?) going on, but now it's nicely rounded.

Not even close to HS 555 Highway however. Totally different.

Good to hear, I opened my steep box and pulled out a INW 555 gold to try this weekend. I think it’s around 2 months, it’s one of the few I didn’t date for some reason.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Just got an order from Vapers Tek which had a bunch of new (to me) SC flavors. They include: Golden Virginia, Burley, Black, Louisiana, Luck Strike, Chief Jack, Maryland, and 555 tobaccos. Also replenished a few of my regulars like Tuscan, Cohiba, and Island Tobaccos as I was running low. Probably going to mix the new ones up this weekend and will report on them once they mature.

I do have a question though. I know 555 is offered at Bull City but are any of these other new ones just different names of what is offered on Bull City or VZ? I ask because that is the case sometimes. I wish they all used standard names like they do for other brands.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Just got an order from Vapers Tek which had a bunch of new (to me) SC flavors. They include: Golden Virginia, Burley, Black, Louisiana, Luck Strike, Chief Jack, Maryland, and 555 tobaccos. Also replenished a few of my regulars like Tuscan, Cohiba, and Island Tobaccos as I was running low. Probably going to mix the new ones up this weekend and will report on them once they mature.

I do have a question though. I know 555 is offered at Bull City but are any of these other new ones just different names of what is offered on Bull City or VZ? I ask because that is the case sometimes. I wish they all used standard names like they do for other brands.
I 99.9% sure the SC is actually Dekang flavors and they are re-branded by the various retailers.
Called SC at Bull City, Vapers Tek and VZ and Flavor Express at EcigExpress. Love the Dunhill flavor, it's my all time favorite.

mcduffy

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 9, 2017
    I 99.9% sure the SC is actually Dekang flavors and they are re-branded by the various retailers.
    Called SC at Bull City, Vapers Tek and VZ and Flavor Express at EcigExpress. Love the Dunhill flavor, it's my all time favorite.
    That's interesting. I have FE Win Churchill, FE Kent and BC-SC Real Cig and to me they all have a pedominant prune note.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Dekang is a Chinese manufacturer of flavors.. they have all types of flavors.. sorry for any confusion.
    Dekang, that takes me back. I used to buy big bottles of Dekang from MadVapes back in 2011. As I remember, they only had the big bottles in 16 mg/ml and 24 mg/ml, not 18 mg/ml. So, I went with the 24.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Dekang, that takes me back. I used to buy big bottles of Dekang from MadVapes back in 2011. As I remember, they only had the big bottles in 16 mg/ml and 24 mg/ml, not 18 mg/ml. So, I went with the 24.
    Now you can by the flavors by themselves and mix it at whatever strength you want :)

Dunhill, for me, is the flavor I would not want to vape without.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Mixed up all my new SC tobaccos a week ago. The only one I have tried so far is the Golden Virginia. Mixed at 3% (my sweet spot for the SC line) in a 50/50 mix. Bought it from Vapers Tek and not quite sure if anyone else sells this flavor as I have not looked. Anyways, here is a small review.

I am getting some real nice tobacco notes out of this. It has an earthy note which is not hay or grassy. Almost like it is ripe or the smell of a green banana peel (if that makes sense). It is not that dominate of a note but it is there. I am also getting a slight sweetness to it, not a cloying sweetness, just sweet in the sense that it is pleasant. I also get a smokey note on the exhale. In any event, I am liking this one as it really reminds me of some of the Virginia NET's I used to order from NET.com without the gunk factor. My thoughts, this is a very good representation of a Virginia tobacco.

I have not gotten to the others SC flavors I mixed yet as I have not been able to put it down since last night. Will have reviews on them hopefully soon.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2017
    San Diego, California
    I got my dunhill the other day, just mixed up a solo 10ml at 3%.

What’s the norm for you guys with dunhill? Steep time? Additions?

It smells exactly like a few of the halo liquids I tried when I first started. Specifically the freedom juice and midnight apple.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago

It smells exactly like a few of the halo liquids I tried when I first started. Specifically the freedom juice and midnight apple.

Never tried Dunhill but if it is a SC flavor, 3% would be where I would start. That said, some people use 2% so that might be where to start and adjust if needed. I find anything over 3% and the flavor starts to take on an odd taste so I try to keep the single mixes with SC to no more than 3%.

As for steep time, about 2 weeks. I don't mind them fresh but they start to come together at 2 weeks. That said, I am starting to let the flavors in my regular rotation sit for a month as they tend to really develop at that mark.

I don't really use additives with single flavor mixes but will use different TA's in different mixes. Like I use Cuban Cigar TA (INW) with different cigar mixes for a leather note, and maybe add DNB to it as well if I want the ashy note. Sometimes Virginia TA (INW) if I want more of a tobacco kick in a cigar or pipe mix. I use Blueberry Jam (Cap) with the Western Tobacco as I added it to a bottle of the Western Tobacco, which was mixed up and did not care for. Was a little on the strong side but I liked it so it became a regular of mine. But outside of the western tobacco, I like my single SC mixes without additives.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!

Here is my recipe, being so concentrated I would not go higher than this but that is me. I think 2% is a good start also.

I also with most tobaccos add a drop of Wizard's for every 10 ml.

Shake and vape for me and improves a bit with time.

upload_2018-4-3_19-52-6.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread