Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Everybody who vapes might be concerned about how the FDA might limit access to products and/or increase the cost of vaping. ...

Once I leave the Ethereal Realm of the ECF, I Don't see that at all.

The Vast Majority of the Vaper's I encounter in the Wild have No Clue what is Going On.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
If the worst thing that happens is a ban on flavors, some labeling and childproof guidelines, a ban on advertising similar to cigarettes, and no sales to minors, we would have to consider ourselves very fortunate. Far worse is a ban on everything, which is what the original proposed deeming was.
The original deeming proposal is what they are working on right now. There is no indication as to
what if anything has changed. As of right now I believe the proposal will be issued pretty much
as it was proposed with only minor clarifications and changes in wording that would tighten their grip
on e-cigarettes as opposed to loosening the proposed regulation.
I am now thinking forward to the day the deeming regulations are finally issued and the real battle
of our times begins. If the regulations are issued pretty much as proposed Congress will be the only
way to derail them. If Congress chooses to do nothing this will set the precedent for future regulatory
policy for generations to come. The end result being complete cradle to grave regulation of our
very lives in the future.(insert your chortles here) It hasn't taken that long for hate crimes to
evolve in some people seriously requesting that global warming deniers be prosecuted under
the RICO ACT. This is what happens when you allow thought crime.
For any of those people that believe regulations are needed and necessary be careful
of what you wish for. You will get it with sugar on top. Come to think of it,I believe
sugar is up next.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
and doesn't have flavors which could be seen as appealing to children
Remember all those kids who picked up smoking even though there were NO flavored cigarettes? "tobacco" flavors will not get a totally free pass. Also, iirc, you use halo, Belgian cocoa and Kringle's Kurse could definitely be seen as appealing to children.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Remember all those kids who picked up smoking even though there were NO flavored cigarettes? "Tobacco" flavors will not get a totally free pass. Also, iirc, you use halo, Belgian cocoa and Kringle's Kurse could definitely be seen as appealing to children.

The past has no meaning in this political environment. If cigarettes or alcohol were a new product in the US, they would never be legal...
I can get by without Belgian of KC...

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
My e-liquid brand of choice already uses safety caps, labeling, tests, doesn't use DA/AP and doesn't have flavors which could be seen as appealing to children. I don't see any issues after the 'deeming' passes sometime next year or the year after...
Was your e-liquid brand of choice on the market before February 15, 2007? If not it will be off the market if the deeming is passed as in the original document without moving the grandfather date, which will happen within the next 90 days (with a possible extension).

Reactions: Lessifer

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Was your e-liquid brand of choice on the market before February 15, 2007? If not it will be off the market if the deeming is passed as in the original document without moving the grandfather date, which will happen within the next 90 days (with a possible extension).

E-liquid was, but I read and understood the proposals, and I am sure they have, so will still be around. They have 2 years to get their products approved- and it won't cost $millions, like the fear mongers say...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Don't worry everyone Steve has it all figured out, there's no threat to vaping, and we're all paranoid idiots with zero reading comprehension.

Glad we got that settled.

Oh Yeah... I'm putting all my Faith in steve.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Don't worry everyone Steve has it all figured out, there's no threat to vaping, and we're all paranoid idiots with zero reading comprehension.

Glad we got that settled.

Addiction does influence one's thinking... When Twinkies were going to stop being made, I didn't go out and buy cases of them, but I wasn't addicted to them, either...

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Addiction does influence one's thinking... When Twinkies were going to stop being made, I didn't go out and buy cases of them, but I wasn't addicted to them, either...

Just go away.

You contribute nothing but misinformation, and passive-aggressive condescension with 99% of your posts on this forum (the other 1% being provape related).

If you honestly think you're smarter than the majority of the people on this forum, including people who are in the trenches fighting a battle you don't seem to think even exists, you truly are living in fantasy land.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
When you learn what addiction is or is not get back to us on that.
I an not an addict.
Mike

Reactions: DC2

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Just go away.

You contribute nothing but misinformation, and passive-aggressive condescension with 99% of your posts on this forum (the other 1% being provape related).

If you honestly think you're smarter than the majority of the people on this forum, including people who are in the trenches fighting a battle you don't seem to think even exists, you truly are living in fantasy land.

Angry internet posts isn't fighting a battle, nor are letters to politicians who don't read them and who have staffers send back form letter responses...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
do_not_feed_the_troll_by_veilx-d38viyi.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Fear, paranoia and hoarding seem to be pretty clear symptoms, no?

I store extra food and ammunition (for those who didn't :- ) Does that mean I'm "addicted" to food and ammo? We recently had a flood where the stored food and bottled water came in handy. And yeah, we shared with some neighbors ;) ... who weren't as 'addicted' evidently, as we were. There's a difference between prudence and paranoia. You actually know this, but still push the paranoia line for some reason - I'm guessing 'agitation'. Which I obviously understand from your point of view or I wouldn't have written this post. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread