Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sad time for Vapers in the United States, as well as Millions of Current Smokers. Government Has decided it is Better the Keep tobacco at the Forefront of Health concerns and Block tobacco Free Alternatives.
and the rich get richer. :censored:

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary

A tiny ray of Hope still shining:
The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: My Public Comment to OIRA on FDA Deeming Regulations

Some how, I have lost all faith in - FOR THE PEOPLE :oops:

My Backup plan is in place. I was hoping it would never come to this. Like Thousands of other members, I have spread the word, there is a Better Choice...........well, There Was.:rolleyes:

Big tobacco - 1
US Citizens - 0

Think hard the Next you are asked to Vote...............just make sure you Do, Vote.:glare:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Lazy ... group we have here. Won't stick up for themselves or the next guy.

This is the result...

Tapatyped
I wouldn't say that I've been to every hearing we've had here in NY since 2011, I've voted accordingly, sent letters, pushed vaping everywhere I can, joined several advocacy groups and I've even prayed a little.

At this point other than putting a gun to someone's head and telling them to change the law there is really not much else that I can do.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I wouldn't say that I've been to every hearing we've had here in NY since 2011, I've voted accordingly, sent letters, pushed vaping everywhere I can, joined several advocacy groups and I've even prayed a little.

At this point other than putting a gun to someone's head and telling them to change the law there is really not much else that I can do.
As a whole. Not anyone in particular. ;)

Tapatyped

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I don't know what to say to this, other than what’s already been said. Its the big money tobacco companies that are winning this fight and its because they have big money.

I am going to stock up on mods, tanks, and nic juice as much as I can afford and just hope in a year or so, the bs smoke has cleared and prices have normalized again.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
So what does that exactly mean to vapers in the US?

If you own mods/tanks, you are good to keep using them but as of the effective date, any mod/tank/etc made after 2007 would be prohibited for sale? Also, I am assuming that to sell any vaping HW moving forward, the manufacturer would have to submit to the FDA for full testing prior to it being "approved" for use/sale?

If so, most of us will still be able to access DYI and expensive "tested and approved" juice and parts/batteries, but the vaping industry would be toast for the most part.

I totally get government anywhere wanting tax $$$ from eJuice, but it is really crappy when political alignment by multinational tobacco and pharma companies and tax revenues from cigarettes and drugs is far more important than saving lives.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England

If you own mods/tanks, you are good to keep using them but as of the effective date, any mod/tank/etc made after 2007 would be prohibited for sale? Also, I am assuming that to sell any vaping HW moving forward, the manufacturer would have to submit to the FDA for full testing prior to it being "approved" for use/sale?

If so, most of us will still be able to access DYI and expensive "tested and approved" juice and parts/batteries, but the vaping industry would be toast for the most part.

I totally get government anywhere wanting tax $$$ from eJuice, but it is really crappy when political alignment by multinational tobacco and pharma companies and tax revenues from cigarettes and drugs is far more important than saving lives.
The longer people live, the more it costs the government.

Saving lives is a LOOONNG way down the list of their priorities...

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015

You are pretty accurate in your assessment IMO, I think its the cost factor that will damage the industry the most. It cost me 108.00 dollars to try vaping this 3rd time around; and it was pretty much in the 100 dollar range on my two previous tries.

I honestly don't know if I would have tried three different times if the start-up cost was 200.00 to 300.00 dollars each time. Call me paranoid; but my worry is something like my Sig 75 being 200.00 dollars instead of the 79.00 dollars I paid for it; and my LEMO2, if it doubled would have been more like 80 dollars.

Not many people have 300.00 laying around to try something out and hope it works for them. Just coming up with $100.00 was more than enough for me.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I am just fed up with Back Pocket Government on All Fronts. All it seems to take is the right amount of Cash and no matter who it effects, the deed gets done.:glare:

Reading implications on the FDA site, I see a good possibility of Nicotine becoming a heavily Regulated and restricted product.

Meanwhile BT will likely close out e-cig operations and roll forward like the Big Dogs they are.

This whole mess is an insult to the Illusion of FREEDOM.

We as a people have asked for this at every turn
We have ignored change in Government
We have ask others to run our lives
We have freely handed over our rights
We are a land of Sheeple:(

Well, time to wait and see what comes next.:grr:

For me, phase 1 begins. Reducing Nic to 1mg. and hoping the body complies.

My best wishes for those now vaping and Prayers for those who may, in the future, have switched.:wub:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Canada will be 6-12 months behind the U.S. which is lots of time for me to buy a few extra mods, tanks, RBAs and a crapload of 100mg nic if it hits the fan here. Buying PG/VG, wire, cotton/rayon and batteries will be a non issue even if the govt shuts down everything.

Sucks, but if I want to keep vaping, I don't see the government realistically being able to stop me. I might be using a relic-ed mod that is duct taped together in a few years, but what you gonna do?

I am not smoking again and that is really the most important thing to me.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The gentlemen that coined the phrase "For the people" would already be raising an army. And voting now is like going to a police lineup and choosing the least shady looking (insert large curse word here) to run the country.

So :censored: true :facepalm:

An Example of my opinion on sheeple: Yale!

{Some of America's Ivy League students were willing to give away their right to petition, ironically by signing a petition to lose that very right.

Director Ami Horowitz oversaw a hidden camera project on the campus of Yale University to see if students could be tricked into thinking the country should do away with the First Amendment, which provides the freedoms of speech, religion, assembly, press and petition.

Within an hour of launching the project, Horowitz collected more than 50 signatures from students who were willing to dismantle the Constitution.

Students in support of rolling back America's freedoms said the idea was "fantastic" and "excellent."}

Wake the Hell Up!!!! :shock:

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
So :censored: true :facepalm:

An Example of my opinion on sheeple: Yale!

{Some of America's Ivy League students were willing to give away their right to petition, ironically by signing a petition to lose that very right.

Director Ami Horowitz oversaw a hidden camera project on the campus of Yale University to see if students could be tricked into thinking the country should do away with the First Amendment, which provides the freedoms of speech, religion, assembly, press and petition.

Within an hour of launching the project, Horowitz collected more than 50 signatures from students who were willing to dismantle the Constitution.

Students in support of rolling back America's freedoms said the idea was "fantastic" and "excellent."}

Wake the Hell Up!!!! :shock:

One of the recent ones around here that gives me wtf face is Affluenza. The state of being so rich and privileged that you can no longer distinguish right from wrong. Only a country run by who has the most $$ could come up with a phrase like that.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
As I've said many times in other threads. The issue for the government isn't regulation, it's enforcement. No possible way to stop this train now, it left the station and is well on it's way. I too want to see how they are going to stop me. Now they can make it very difficult for new vapers to start, but the many of us already on the train, ya right, come get me.

Stock up on nic, it's the only vulnerable thing we have to worry about.

Shame, never thought I'd have a prepper type mentality about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread