US Deeming Date Change - Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
We don't. We can refuse to play the game.
Sometimes I do wish there was a "NO CONFIDENCE" option on ballots to vacate the office. Imagine the politicking that would happen then!! But not voting at all is giving the power to a more subset group of staunch Party-liners. Balloting Abstinence is not productive.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I agree with your desire and impetus to get people off of cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, but I decided NOT to quit vaping a while ago.

I drink caffeine all day, and I see nicotine as - as harmless. Plus I'm not bothering anyone. It's none of anyone's business what I'm putting in to my body if I'm not bugging anyone and I am not through my actions to be a cost upon society. I think it's time for me to break out my philosophy texts from college and see what these "irrational people" are acting on to take away my rights, if one can make sense of any of any of it.
My cardiologist may differ with that somewhat, but for the caffeine all he wanted from me was moderation. Cut back. No two pots a day anymore. :( But I can do that since it keeps me up at night now if I have coffee after 6pm.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
He tried to pass a 40 cent/ml tax on e liquid in Ohio, but it was defeated as part of the budget bill. However, he's done a lot for this state financially so I'm torn on his candidacy. We are much better off now than before he became governor.

Many of the states who have enacted taxes on e liquid have had this done by the R's. So maybe they aren't trying to squash vaping, but they aren't against taxing it.

So this may be your choice come voting: vote D and end vaping on the open market or vote R and pay excessive taxes for that right.
Once the FDA regs kick in, state taxes on juice etc die. The irony is delicious..

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Once the FDA regs kick in, state taxes on juice etc die. The irony is delicious..

Not sure abt that. Tobacco is reg by FDA, and each county and city in Illinois has a tax they add to the sales. Cigarettes here in Chicago are over $13/pack, while 35 miles away they are around $7.25/pack.

Cook County tax on e-liquid is around $0.25/ml, and Chicago's tax is around $1/ml, and both go in to effect Jan 1, 2016. WITHOUT the added costs of FDA regulations, I would imagine none of the stores in Chicago will survive.

Reactions: EBates

Douggro

Ultra Member
    Nov 26, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    Not sure abt that. Tobacco is reg by FDA, and each county and city in Illinois has a tax they add to the sales. Cigarettes here in Chicago are over $13/pack, while 35 miles away they are around $7.25/pack.

Cook County tax on e-liquid is around $0.25/ml, and Chicago's tax is around $1/ml, and both go in to effect Jan 1, 2016. WITHOUT the added costs of FDA regulations, I would imagine none of the stores in Chicago will survive.
    Agree on the taxation aspect. The Illinois Constitution must be structured a little differently than ours. The state levies a tobacco tax, but not the counties or municipalities. Still pay local rate of sales tax on them though. That aside, it boils my .... that the taxes are again hitting the middle- and lower-income smokers and vapers the hardest; the $150+K/year exec, meh, no biggie. And I feel bad for those entrepreneurs that took the chance of opening a vape shop only to get it snuffed by regulation and taxation.

See, we can agree on stuff!! :) Sorry again about yesterday.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Agree on the taxation aspect. The Illinois Constitution must be structured a little differently than ours. The state levies a tobacco tax, but not the counties or municipalities. Still pay local rate of sales tax on them though. That aside, it boils my .... that the taxes are again hitting the middle- and lower-income smokers and vapers the hardest; the $150+K/year exec, meh, no biggie. And I feel bad for those entrepreneurs that took the chance of opening a vape shop only to get it snuffed by regulation and taxation.

See, we can agree on stuff!! :) Sorry again about yesterday.

Agreed. The poor and middle class always take it in the :censored:.

We're both still here and we are passionate about #1) vaping, and #2) "some other stuff" that may get in the way of our desired objectives. I think we will make it. I never took any offense and I hope you did not from anything I said. I apologize if you did. We are on the same team!

Reactions: Douggro

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    No blood, no foul Brother. ;)

I rarely take umbrage at words from strangers who don't know me. I'd never make it on the South Side of Chicago if I did. I played hockey for quite a few years and have studied 10 martial arts. You would be surprised at the amount of blood, split open skulls, torn cartilage, broken and dislocated bones and subsequently deep friends I've made. :wub:

In fact, I think we're ready for a beer! :D

Douggro

Ultra Member
    Nov 26, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    Some years have no choice - 1988 Dukakis or Bush/Noriega = I voted Zappa
    I voted for GHWB, both times. And I tend to sit on the end seat of the left aisle most of the time.
    I knew we were in for trouble with G-Dub when Uncle Brent (Scowcroft - yes, he's a distant relative by marriage) called him "a soporific dolt".

Douggro

Ultra Member
    Nov 26, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    I rarely take umbrage at words from strangers who don't know me. I'd never make it on the South Side of Chicago if I did. I played hockey for quite a few years and have studied 10 martial arts. You would be surprised at the amount of blood, split open skulls, torn cartilage, broken and dislocated bones and subsequently deep friends I've made. :wub:

In fact, I think we're ready for a beer! :D
    Ok, I'm buying the first round.
    Sierra-Nevada-Brewings-Snowpack-Beers.jpeg

How about one of these?

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Ok, I'm buying the first round.
    Sierra-Nevada-Brewings-Snowpack-Beers.jpeg

How about one of these?

Looks good! I don't drink that often, but when I do the Chicago Blackhawks are usually on TV, and I have 2 to 5 - 312 Pale Urban Ale or Lagunitas Hop Stoopid.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Note! If you stop by here, we will have to go to my brother's or a bar, b/c there hasn't been a working TV here since the switch over to digital broadcasting. I decided to throw in the towel on it, and just surf the Internet.

Last year I had NHL GameCenter, which broadcasts the games over the Internet, but they don't show my home team, when they are here in Chicago. The games are blacked out, so I dropped it. I'm thinking about getting Netflix in the 1st Qtr of 2016 for something to do.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    If you make it here, I'll buy a case of Hop Stoopid! And by the time we're done....there will be enough stoopid to go around for three to four people. :lol:

OR! We could all just go down to Laguinitas. It would be an excuse for me to go down there...

Reactions: Douggro

Yiana

Ultra Member
    Nov 20, 2015
    Planet Earth
    If you make it here, I'll buy a case of Hop Stoopid! And by the time we're done....there will be enough stoopid to go around for three to four people. :lol:

OR! We could all just go down to Laguinitas. It would be an excuse for me to go down there...

Is Laquinitas in Chicago? That's some good stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread