US Deeming Date Change - Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Every vote matters....welllllll.

For the Presidential election, yes, it's the Electoral College that really decides the vote. Read the history of the Presidential elections of Andrew Jackson if you want to see the Electoral College at work at the lowest, along with some very nasty campaigning.. Still,the recent history of the EC is that it has generally tracked very well to the popular vote in each state.

For lesser positions, from Congress to your Alderman, popular vote is still the decider. That's where your votes do count.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I use Peet's Coffee. I use to use Starbucks but they started to get too political so I dumped them for Peet's. Go figure. :D
Would it be better to say that their position and message conflicted with your views and you decided to cease being a customer? :lol: :lol:
The one Peet's I visited here in Seattle (the Fremont store) closed and became a Starbucks. I was working on a job (I work in printing) for Starbucks on Monday; the project manager is a friend of mine from outside of work. I don't go out of my way for their stuff, but they're indirectly keeping me employed.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Would it be better to say that their position and message conflicted with your views and you decided to cease being a customer? :lol: :lol:
    The one Peet's I visited here in Seattle (the Fremont store) closed and became a Starbucks. I was working on a job (I work in printing) for Starbucks on Monday; the project manager is a friend of mine from outside of work. I don't go out of my way for their stuff, but they're indirectly keeping me employed.

I can't say that I remember that I agreed or disagreed, just that every time I hear any of TV/Conglomerates go down that road with my time and money, my hair stands on end. I just get sick of people who are rich, or better looking (typically can be air heads, who win popularity contests), my eyes roll. I'm well educated, and have been around and seen it all (hung out with ppl with tens if not hundreds or millions) and I just do my thing now. Looking for real ppl to hang out with. Nice ppl.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran

What you vaping? I've got Charlie Noble, Admirals Reserve, Good Cookie on an rda going.

Yiana

Ultra Member
    Nov 20, 2015
    Planet Earth
    All this talk about Laquinitas and Sierra Nevada. Husband and I just got some...
    20151223_212604.jpg

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    All this talk about Laquinitas and Sierra Nevada. Husband and I just got some... View attachment 517088

I've chat with Laguinitas here in Chicago on Twitter. I asked them for mini-kegs and 6-packs of 16oz Hop Stoopid. The first evening I drank Hop Stoopid, I had 2.5 of them...and lets not forget they're like 8% alc, and 20oz ea, my eyes crossed, and I could NOT for the life of me uncross them for abt five minutes! I thought I was cooked!!! :lol:

It hits hard...is all I can say.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Yiana

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Yum! I loved Good Cookie. Charlie Noble is good stuff. Now if I could figure out how to clone that. Not good enough to figure it out yet.

I have a few favorites that I order all the time, as I plow though juice that, eh, maybe I could have done better. I'm really cray cray abt Charlie Noble "Pistachio RY4," Ahlusion "Godfather," Juice Mafia "Yellow Taffy" w an extra flavor shot, and Element "Pink Lemonade." To the last one, I've got three - 125ml flasks at 3mg, that I'm going to pump up to 12mg with Nude Nicotine.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I'm using nude nicotine right now, it's good nic. Yeah, laquinitas a little sumpin extra ale is 8.5. Yummy! I love good high gravity beer. :party:

I do not touch beer if there are just 1 or 2, 12oz beers, and I drink only once or twice a month, if that even. If there are 4+ beers, call me over. I like the buzz. :blush:

Had a decent Espresso Stout from a local brewer tonight. Maybe I'll open that bottle of Rogue Double Espresso Chocolate Stout for Christmas that's been in the fridge "maturing". :)

I was going to go wait in line for some stout beer from Goose Island on Black Friday, but I passed. I think the 16oz or 20oz bottles were around $15 to $20 ea. I have to get that one of these days. Maybe on a tour they will have it.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I gave your post a Like because I actually enjoyed a thoughtful rebuttal around here for a change. ;)

The beauty of the framework of our Constitution is that we're allowed those rights, to exercise them as we see fit. I may not agree with your points and views, but I respect them. If you choose not to vote, that's your right. I can't, and won't, attempt to browbeat or berate you into doing something that you oppose. There's enough of that going on all over the world. :-x

For myself, I don't respect all views but I do respect the right for those views to be expressed.

And the secret to drinking the swill that I buy is to never touch or even think about the good beers you all are tempting me with.

Last edited:

Douggro

Ultra Member
    Nov 26, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    For myself, I don't respect all views but I do respect the right for those views to be expressed.
    Yep, I can go with that. Kinda like the folks at Westboro Baptist: I don't respect them or their views one bit, but we have this principle that says they can express them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread