FDA delivers Final Deeming Rule to OIRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I store extra food and ammunition (for those who didn't :- ) Does that mean I'm "addicted" to food and ammo? We recently had a flood where the stored food and bottled water came in handy. And yeah, we shared with some neighbors ;) ... who weren't as 'addicted' evidently, as we were. There's a difference between prudence and paranoia. You actually know this, but still push the paranoia line for some reason - I'm guessing 'agitation'. Which I obviously understand from your point of view or I wouldn't have written this post. :laugh:

There's a difference between preparation for a natural disaster, and thinking a recreational drug will be banned soon and buying a lifetime supply...

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Addiction does influence one's thinking... When Twinkies were going to stop being made, I didn't go out and buy cases of them, but I wasn't addicted to them, either...

It couldn't possibly be fondness and/or nostalgia that could have been influencing the thinking of the people hoarding twinkies. Only addiction. Got it.

Reactions: DC2

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The usual suspect senators are pushing to get the deeming process as fast as possible.

http://www.merkley.senate.gov/news/...rettes-and-other-unregulated-tobacco-products

This is the critical part

If the grandfather date is not moved the deeming is in reality a ban and essentially all current vaping products on the market will be gone. The premarket review is a catch-22 that makes it virtually impossible to do.
Once again, they make this false claim:
Altering this grandfather date would exempt a wide range of e-cigarettes and related products from any premarket review to determine whether they constitute threats to public health.

No, they wouldn't be exempted. They'd be given time to comply.

It's all Democrats, again. I don't remember seeing Elizabeth Warren included before. Is she new to this gang?

Reactions: Kent C

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There's a difference between preparation for a natural disaster, and thinking a recreational drug will be banned soon and buying a lifetime supply...

A disaster is a disaster whether 'natural' or 'gov't imposed'. Doesn't matter what the substance needed is for. If there's a possibility of a short supply - like the so called assault weapons ban in '93, people stock up. How many here would like to have the old gas cans with a regular spout? Or the larger capacity toilets that didn't need flushed 2 or more times? The full flow shower heads? There are so many more that had nothing whatsoever to do with 'natural' disasters or 'addiction' to them. Most are no longer around and you can't even buy them on ebay - or if they are and some 'authority' finds out, they ban the seller. Some yard sales have some of them but again, if someone who 'knew what is best for you' saw them, they'd reported them to the authorities.

But that said, I know you need to do your thing here for your own enjoyment.

Wilson: If you’ve got a good life, you’re healthy, you’ve got no reason to ....., no reason to hate life.

House: Well, here’s the flaw in your argument: if I enjoy hating life, I don’t hate life, I enjoy it.

You might hone your 'arguments' a bit better, although for most, you do get the "necessary response" for you to enjoy. We agree on some things, but not the manner of communicating them, so carry on. I do something else that I enjoy more.....

Reactions: skoony

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It's all Democrats, again. I don't remember seeing Elizabeth Warren included before. Is she new to this gang?

I've never seen her name on the letters although she is part of the committee from which the letters came. There were 3 I recall - and with search - March, May and August of 2014 before this last one. The one in August had the most:

Today’s letter was signed by U.S. Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee; Senators Dick Durbin (D-IL); Jay Rockefeller (D-WV); Richard Blumenthal (D-CT); Edward J. Markey (D-MA); Sherrod Brown (D-OH); Jack Reed (D-RI); Barbara Boxer (D-CA); Jeff Merkley (D-OR); and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) as well as U.S. Representatives Henry Waxman (D-CA); Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ); and Diana DeGette (D-CO).

Harkin, Rockefeller and Waxman are retired/retiring.....

Reactions: LaraC

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
A disaster is a disaster whether 'natural' or 'gov't imposed'. Doesn't matter what the substance needed is for. If there's a possibility of a short supply - like the so called assault weapons ban in '93, people stock up. How many here would like to have the old gas cans with a regular spout? Or the larger capacity toilets that didn't need flushed 2 or more times? The full flow shower heads? There are so many more that had nothing whatsoever to do with 'natural' disasters or 'addiction' to them. Most are no longer around and you can't even buy them on ebay - or if they are and some 'authority' finds out, they ban the seller. Some yard sales have some of them but again, if someone who 'knew what is best for you' saw them, they'd reported them to the authorities.

But that said, I know you need to do your thing here for your own enjoyment.

Wilson: If you’ve got a good life, you’re healthy, you’ve got no reason to ....., no reason to hate life.

House: Well, here’s the flaw in your argument: if I enjoy hating life, I don’t hate life, I enjoy it.

You might hone your 'arguments' a bit better, although for most, you do get the "necessary response" for you to enjoy. We agree on some things, but not the manner of communicating them, so carry on. I do something else that I enjoy more.....

Theses such a thing as preparation and living in fear of a recreational product they claim they are not addicted to becoming limited or more expensive. I admit I'm addicted to nicotine, but not so much I believe I have to buy a lifetime supply.
I know some can't live in peace without their fully auto assault rifles, but last I checked the US hasn't been invaded recently, at least not by an army.
I just don't understand living in fear and obsessing over things which will always be available in one form or another, but that's why we have those who join militia groups or have shipping containers buried in the backyard in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. I find those types to be silly, however...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I know some can't live in peace without their fully auto assault rifles,

I see you're not up on why the gun ban was called 'assault weapons ban' and how 'fully auto' had nothing to do with it. The Remington 700 is a hunting rifle but was used as a sniper rifle in many wars. If you only "argue" from a sniper view, (like you do with "fear" rather than "prudence"), then you're not taking the whole use into account. Same with many other So end of discussion on that. If you want more info you can PM me but if you use that type of "argument" with anyone other than a liberal who is ignorant of guns, you're going to lose.

I just don't understand living in fear and obsessing over things which will always be available in one form or another,

Again, if you don't understand the difference between prudence and paranoia - then we don't have much to say to each other. Living in fear isn't why most people store things. When you take an action - storing, for example, and always assign the most negative trait for it's reason, then you'll just end up like you are - not taken seriously by anyone you talk to, and you'll lose most rational discussions about it. One can be a good loser or a poor loser, but still a loser in both cases.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I see you're not up on why the gun ban was called 'assault weapons ban' and how 'fully auto' had nothing to do with it. The Remington 700 is a hunting rifle but was used as a sniper rifle in many wars. If you only "argue" from a sniper view, (like you do with "fear" rather than "prudence"), then you're not taking the whole use into account. Same with many other So end of discussion on that. If you want more info you can PM me but if you use that type of "argument" with anyone other than a liberal who is ignorant of guns, you're going to lose.

Again, if you don't understand the difference between prudence and paranoia - then we don't have much to say to each other. Living in fear isn't why most people store things. When you take an action - storing, for example, and always assign the most negative trait for it's reason, then you'll just end up like you are - not taken seriously by anyone you talk to, and you'll lose most rational discussions about it. One can be a good loser or a poor loser, but still a loser in both cases.

I have several guns and rifles, as I enjoy target shooting, but really aren't up to date or preoccupied with the legislation. I know I can buy whatever I would ever want at a gun store, however, so legislation hasn't affected my ability to target shoot in the least bit... I don't hoard guns in preparation of a revolution or invasion, however...

I see nothing but irrational fear and paranoia driven by addiction. Those not addicted wouldn't care if nicotine would be banned completely. PG, VG and flavors won't ever be banned...

I think much of the fear is driven by vendors...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I see nothing but irrational fear and paranoia driven by addiction. Those not addicted wouldn't care if nicotine would be banned completely. PG, VG and flavors won't ever be banned...

Yeah... The View must be Awfully Clear sitting up on that High Horse of yours.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I don't agree that those not addicted to nicotine wouldn't care if nic was banned completely. Vaping without nic is a completely different experience when compared to vaping with nic. No TH, or peppery note to the taste would turn vaping into something they don't like. And this ties in to the point I was trying to make with you about the twinkies. You don't have to be addicted to something to simply prefer or enjoy it.

Reactions: DC2

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I don't agree that those not addicted to nicotine wouldn't care if nic was banned completely. Vaping without nic is a completely different experience when compared to vaping with nic. No TH, or peppery note to the taste would turn vaping into something they don't like. And this ties in to the point I was trying to make with you about the twinkies. You don't have to be addicted to something to simply prefer or enjoy it.

When some act as if it is the end of the world there will be regulations affecting their non addictive nicotine e-liquid, I can't possibly think addiction is not involved...

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
When some act as if it is the end of the world there will be regulations affecting their non addictive nicotine e-liquid, I can't possibly think addiction is not involved...

You choose to see it that way. I see people who are angry that as adults decisions are being made for them that will result in disaster for some and loss of freedom of personal choice for others. Some of them are addicted and others are not.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You choose to see it that way. I see people who are angry that as adults decisions are being made for them that will result in disaster for some and loss of freedom of personal choice for others. Some of them are addicted and others are not.

I take it you don't live in the US, since we have seen freedoms being taken away for decades, all in the name of political correctness and progressivism...

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I see nothing but irrational fear and paranoia driven by addiction.

When that is all you see - when there are other reasonable alternatives - it says more about you than the people you accuse. But then you admit the addiction so the rest must follow. Too bad.

I've given you more attention on this that you actually deserve, so I'm taking the "don't feed the troll" advice. But as you know, there is a fresh batch of newbies every week, who have never read your posts, so my guess is you won't starve - your diet relies on them when others just quit feeding you.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Knock off the trolling. Now!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - I just received this e-Mail from Vicy at cignot...

First, if you have not already done so, it is critical that you send an email to your Congressional representative and Senators asking them to support and co-sponsor HR 2058, a bill that would stop the FDA from banning 99%-plus of vapor products.

Second, please take a moment, on Wednesday, October 28th, to
Call the White House at 202-465-1111.

CASAA has provided talking points via the link.
http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html

Third, please share this post with your friends (and feel free to copy/paste this text).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread