First N.E.T

Status
Not open for further replies.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I am still fighting the coil build up but I feel like its worth it to get the flavor from tobacco.
Just had a batch of my NET, via hybrid extraction, come out great after a six week steep process; flavor is bold and defined, yet sweet. Just need to work on my filtering a bit; can get through about 6ml before a cotton change is necessary. However, that 6ml is comparable to vendor purchased NET's in the flavor category. I'm quite pleased with the outcome! Now, on to a Ligero.

tobacco used: Peter Stokkebye London Export.
image.jpeg

Devilstompa

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
I am currently doing a heat extraction on 2 of Drew Estates Java Line Cigars The Maduro & Natural. I will post the results in a few days. Im shure it will be great
I tried a sample after 6 hours in the crock pot I think this one pretty much tops all the others I've done. Wasn't to dark but the flavor is really strong.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I cant believe how much flavor there is with N.E.T.'s Compared to actually smoking, Smoking is very harsh but vaping Tobacco is nice and smooth.
.....if I had only known that NET liquids tasted so good, I would have started doing extractions a year ago rather than searching for the right tobacco flavor via synthetic liquids. Still, there are some synthetics that are quite tasty; FA and Inawera tobaccos are still high on my list of tobacco flavors with which to mix when I want to take the easy way out!

Devilstompa

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015
.....if I had only known that NET liquids tasted so good, I would have started doing extractions a year ago rather than searching for the right tobacco flavor via synthetic liquids. Still, there are some synthetics that are quite tasty; FA and Inawera tobaccos are still high on my list of tobacco flavors with which to mix when I want to take the easy way out!
Me to ive spent a lot of money on trying to find real tobacco and cigar synthetic flavors. I didn't even think of doing NET until I heard people where doing it then I tried it once and I wont vape anything else that's how good it is. Defiantly changed vaping for me almost never disappointed

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Me to ive spent a lot of money on trying to find real tobacco and cigar synthetic flavors. I didn't even think of doing NET until I heard people where doing it then I tried it once and I wont vape anything else that's how good it is. Defiantly changed vaping for me almost never disappointed

The only disappointment is the wait time while your NET steeps to its final goodness. I need to start another couple of batches myself soon, so I won't have to be waiting on them to steep.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
I am only using 3mg nic base but what about the nicotine in the tobacco I'm using should I be testing for nic like a free base nic test kit? Cause some tobaccos are higher nic content than others from what I've read.
No mate, a free base nic test won't pick up any nicotine extracted (if any) because even if some is extracted, it's not free base.

Reactions: Devilstompa

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I am only using 3mg nic base but what about the nicotine in the tobacco I'm using should I be testing for nic like a free base nic test kit? Cause some tobaccos are higher nic content than others from what I've read.

It's a pretty thick read, but I gleaned some good info from the blog below. In short, from what I have read, the typical extraction yields no more than 3 to 5% Nic content.

DVap's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Perhaps @Str8vision can weight in on this?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
the research Ive done shows about 4 mg/ml is extracted with PG/VG/PGA on average and depending on the tobacco used. There have been samples that have resulted up to 8 mg/ml with PGA and water ( from Perique ) but one has to consider the aging process of that style of tobacco ....

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
the research Ive done shows about 4 mg/ml is extracted with PG/VG/PGA on average and depending on the tobacco used. There have been samples that have resulted up to 8 mg/ml with PGA and water ( from Perique ) but one has to consider the aging process of that style of tobacco ....
Probably that nic salt/freebase thing.

According to this: Analytical Determination of Nicotine and Related Compounds and their Metabolites
The nicotine content of Perique tobacco is very low (less than ~1) due to the extensive fermentation that it undergoes.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
I cant believe how much flavor there is with N.E.T.'s Compared to actually smoking, Smoking is very harsh but vaping Tobacco is nice and smooth.
Oh Yes!!
Even when I was smoking, the smell of the fresh tobacco was always SO much better than the taste of the ciggy....it's only taken Me 35 years to realise that the taste of tobacco is ruined by setting light to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread