Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Just got my 2 Gems from 3F. Before I opened the package it sounded like it had some broken glass when I shook it. It was only a screw jumping around in each one. Had me cursing... The fun begins... Might try a 28g tight coil first with rayon. I always use Ekowool with 30g with my coil evenly spaced on my KF4's.

What is the largest size coil I can start with??? I always found that the bigger it is the more flavor I get.

Reactions: TrollDragon

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My first build is with 28g kanthal with 8 wraps tightly wrapped around 2.5mm bit, wicked with Rayon. I have not used a tightly wrapped coil in a very long time(usually evenly spread). Don't think I like the delayed heating of the 28g. I will redo with 30g and see what happens. I can hear it sizzling even after I release the button. Don't think I like that.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My 2 Gems are working great so far. I've never been able to get good flavor with Rayon before.

I think I'll glue the fill o-rings in place just to make sure I don't lose them and I'll keep using this set-up for a while and see how long the Rayon wicks can lasts.

Love the size of these Gems too, Much shorter than the KF4.

How long have you used the same wick in yours???

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
0109162039 (2).jpg

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
Would anyone here like to have my Gem clone? I'm looking to gift it away. And I hope this is the right place to post?

It's one from GB that came with 2 glass tanks, 1 ss tank (no logo), a too short 510 screw, and the pos/neg post screws backwards (the one with the thicker screw head was in the pos hole, which of course is too high and just cause shorting out). I was able to get them into their correct places, although only with a little extra force. And the positive post was always kind of loose, now it spins totally freely.

When I was able to use it, I found the flavor only "meh". For me wasn't as good as my FEV or Rose. But my MAIN issue with it was its WHOOSHING NOISE (for lack of a better description). Even if its other issues were totally resolved, it would still be sitting unused because I can't stand its noise.

Anyone here who would like to have it is welcome to it!
Since I'm a brand new member, don't think I can receive PMs yet though. I can PM now :)

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Would anyone here like to have my Gem clone? I'm looking to gift it away. And I hope this is the right place to post?

It's one from GB that came with 2 glass tanks, 1 ss tank (no logo), a too short 510 screw, and the pos/neg post screws backwards (the one with the thicker screw head was in the pos hole, which of course is too high and just cause shorting out). I was able to get them into their correct places, although only with a little extra force. And the positive post was always kind of loose, now it spins totally freely.

When I was able to use it, I found the flavor only "meh". For me wasn't as good as my FEV or Rose. But my MAIN issue with it was its WHOOSHING NOISE (for lack of a better description). Even if its other issues were totally resolved, it would still be sitting unused because I can't stand its noise.

Since I'm a brand new member, don't think I can receive PMs yet though.
Can you message me?

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Since I'm a brand new member, don't think I can receive PMs yet though.
Well I'd give it a try, the one I have has a Insanely tight draw. I guess let me know. I'd be happy to cover shipping of course.

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
Ok guys, I've decided to wait and offer something else on the PIF thread, something that at least works without problems. And since I DID offer it here, and @ricks was the first to jump at it, seems fair that he should get it.

Sorry @Phone Guy. Unless @ricks changes his mind about wanting it?

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
Filling them higher and higher. Trying to get as much liquid in as possible on refills.
That is one of the nicer features of the Gem. It's one of the few top-fill attys I could always top off without totally flooding the chamber or requiring either ultra-fast or slo-mo techniques in order not to.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Ok guys, I've decided to wait and offer something else on the PIF thread, something that at least works without problems. And since I DID offer it here, and @ricks was the first to jump at it, seems fair that he should get it.

Sorry @Phone Guy. Unless @ricks changes his mind about wanting it?
Of course. Not a problem. I have a gem, and its draw is super tight. Based on what others have said, I'm convinced mine is a lemon. The draw on mine is borderline unusable.

I need to get another or at least a new base/deck or something. There is no way all of them are this tight and anyone is liking them.

Thanks for considering me ;)

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Of course. Not a problem. I have a gem, and its draw is super tight. Based on what others have said, I'm convinced mine is a lemon. The draw on mine is borderline unusable.

I need to get another or at least a new base/deck or something. There is no way all of them are this tight and anyone is liking them.

Thanks for considering me ;)
I have found with these RTA clones in general that the airholes have debris in them from the machining process. The Chinese do a great job at cloning but their finish work is not that great. Take something metal like a paper clip, something a little smaller than the air channels and make sure its all clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread