Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Ventura, CA

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
THese look great, and will be my next progression after the SS Vmax and carto's.

Smok being Smok, will have premade mesh wicks out soon. I'm sure of it. 8)

That will make it easier. I have not time for tinkering with recoiling at the moment. No surprise sold out at litecig and stormy's already. Any other vendors get them in yet? I missed out on the coop too.

jherron

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
West Virginia
successfully converted it to a genesis , drilled a new wick hole, drill and tapped new negative terminal plugged existing holes leaving one for a fill hole. drilled a airflow hole up top. have some ideas for making a new top cap but heres a picture anyhow
genesis.jpg

mokaction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Ventura, CA
successfully converted it to a genesis , drilled a new wick hole, drill and tapped new negative terminal plugged existing holes leaving one for a fill hole. drilled a airflow hole up top. have some ideas for making a new top cap but heres a picture anyhow
genesis.jpg

Wow.. You did it.. Congrats.. Im Jelious you have your tank and able to play with it. I am still waiting for my co-op to get it. So stoked that you got it to look like a genesis..

How does it work?????

Please show it in action???

Larry

Last edited:

Yourdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
Lake Charles
Hi, I had an idea on the co-op about how to make something so a top cap could be used.. If we could get someone to machine a piece, then all we would have to do is basically screw it in place with replacement screws

I could post what I drew out on this thread if anyone is curious about it.

Great job jherron! That looks awesome

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Just got mine in today. Opened it up and filled it to see what the out of the box experience was like. HORRIBLE! The stock wick doesn't bring up hardly any juice, and every single hit tastes burnt and caustic. You can even see the coil begin to glow red while vaping; completely dry!

Took it apart and removed that awful wick and wire. Wound a strip of 400 mesh about 2" long x 1/2" wide around a paper clip and bent it in a u-shape. Oxidized the mesh, and wound my coil on the mesh, then pulled the paper clip out, leaving me a u-shaped mesh tube and coil. Simply inserted the mesh ends through the top plate just like the fiber wick, hooked it up, and filled with juice. Aaaah. MUCH better. To fill though, had to turn it upside down and slightly pull out the bottom to get a small crack, then inserted my syringe through the crack and filled it almost full, then simply pushed the bottom cap in place and I'm ready to go.

The M4n C4nn0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Ohio

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Just got mine in today. Opened it up and filled it to see what the out of the box experience was like. HORRIBLE! The stock wick doesn't bring up hardly any juice, and every single hit tastes burnt and caustic. You can even see the coil begin to glow red while vaping; completely dry!

Took it apart and removed that awful wick and wire. Wound a strip of 400 mesh about 2" long x 1/2" wide around a paper clip and bent it in a u-shape. Oxidized the mesh, and wound my coil on the mesh, then pulled the paper clip out, leaving me a u-shaped mesh tube and coil. Simply inserted the mesh ends through the top plate just like the fiber wick, hooked it up, and filled with juice. Aaaah. MUCH better. To fill though, had to turn it upside down and slightly pull out the bottom to get a small crack, then inserted my syringe through the crack and filled it almost full, then simply pushed the bottom cap in place and I'm ready to go.

I definitely want to try the mesh wick in the VN and thank you for your reminder! But, I don't understand the fill problem you had and the need to syringe fill from the bottom. Could you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread