(Genesis style)Smoktech VIVI TANK rebuildable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
That's it exactly. When you have silica wicks, a small syringe can be inserted from the top alongside the silica wick to fill the bottom. But, with mesh wick filling the holes, no room. The video above shows it well; I simply used a syringe instead of a dropper.

Right now, this tank has had to take a back seat. It has been placed into a drawer until I want to take the time to modify this thing. Just rebuilt a Kanger T2 head with a mesh wick, and I have found a new love for the moment.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
I bought one of these meaning only to mod it, and it works perfect as a genesis atty. My recent disappointment has been my new DID, the brass nuts get in the way of my coils often and the draw was too tight for my taste.

I'm going to order another vivi or two, I could post pics of my current one. It puts out tons of vapor and flavor. I might have to mod my DID to get similar draw and performance...isn't that something lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mokaction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Ventura, CA
I bought one of these meaning only to mod it, and it works perfect as a genesis atty. My recent disappointment has been my new DID, the brass nuts get in the way of my coils often and the draw was too tight for my taste.

I'm going to order another vivi or two, I could post pics of my current one. It puts out tons of vapor and flavor. I might have to mod my DID to get similar draw and performance...isn't that something lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Can you please post some pictures.. Also would like to see a picture from the top view, looking into the wick and coil..

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
2012-08-04_17-49-06_355.jpg 2012-08-04_18-06-55_331.jpg 2012-08-04_18-07-14_871.jpg

There's a few different shots to show you the coils/wick.

2012-08-04_17-54-13_812.jpg

This is a good top shot for those interested. The hole for the wick had to be predrilled to fit it, I brought it out to about 7/64 to allow for a proper wick, the other predrilled wick hole is used for filling via syringe or syringe bottle. It should be noted that when drilling the hole for the wick that the top disk can come loose, and pull the wire for the positive loose. When I first got this I read the positive out at .7 ohms, and replaced the wire anyway, but it is something to be aware of.

I plugged the original air hole with part of an old carto condom, you want the hole for the air to be really close to your wick for the most vapor. For the air hole I started with about a 1/16th, similar to a carto, but a little tight for my taste. In the end I stopped at about a 5/64 hole for air flow, and put it right where the wick is, above the top disk (just to avoid confusion).

2012-08-04_18-25-40_230.jpg

Side view of the finished atty, for hole placement.

Hope this helps a few people out.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Here's mine with cotton wicks ( had to enlarge wick holes) So so good, I re-wrapped stock 2 ohm coil on cotton. Stainless to come later when my other one arrives. View attachment 123383

I came home from work and enlarged wick holes enough to accommodate one more wick for a total of three and made a 3.2 ohm coil. Seems good, able to do higher voltage, testing now(gonna vape the whole tank)

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Out of the box and after i seasoned coil well it still gave burnt hits.
Took out coil and wick and used an inhaler 4ohm premade coil they used to sell and there stranded silica wicks which i used separate strands fitted into the wick holes to make sure i could easily fit my syringe in hole to fill.

It instantly gave me excellent vapor and taste, i have gone thru at least 7 tanks and its just fantastic .

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
So glad i got three of these comming in a coop! Right now i only have my RAtank to fool with, i converted it to a genny , i went with a 1/64" drill bit for air hole and find it way to airy, tons of vapor tho.

Im tempted to order one from a US vender since im getting impatient. these look to be an awesome value, i got em in the coop for like 6$ each... shoulda snagged up ten of em... i like these genny setups so much, its all im gonna go with from now on.

i was wondering how the people who have one feel about them not having a removeable topcap? I was bummed out about this at first but it might be a decent thing since my RA tanks cap comes off in my pocket several times a day.

is the main tube easy enough to remove for coil access? Does this mod seem pocket friendly?

It looks from the vids ive seen that they use those thin flimsy tubes... anyone try n see if a dcc tank tube will fit on these?

Cant wait to mod some!

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
When I first started using gennys I didn't like the draw, but now I can't stand the draw of a cartomizer lol. Tight draw will feel more natural when you get started, but wont put off as much vapor. I've modded my DID to a 5/64th air hole, fiddled with the coil/wick to remedy my hot spots, and had to season everything for a straight peppermint juice, can't put it down.

I've been running my caramel cappuccino only in the Vivi, and feel like I'm running through juice faster than ever lol. I've had the day off though, so vaping more than normal of course. I'm coming in at less than 7 cents a mil, so it's not too big a deal. This has been the end set up I've been looking for. I'm looking at 3 Vivi gennys, 1 DID, a kicked SB, Provari, and Vari Gripper.

Also, big thanks to Underwhelmed for the link to the DID support/fan thread, you made that money well spent for me.

Last edited:

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
NP man.

I'm living vicariously through you guys while I wait for my DID, Pheonix RBA's, Defcon mini and Vivi tanks to arrive. Reading how everyone is setting their stuff up, what works, what doesn't so hopefully I will have a smooth time when my stuff arrives.

The people on the DID thread are usually pretty quick to help, which is nice compared to some of the other sales/sycophant type threads around here.

Anyway, since you have it, might as well enjoy it is my thinking, although I see people listing DID's for a profit in the classys all the time. I guess even if you don't end up loving it you can sell it and still come out OK if not ahead in the deal.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
That thought crossed my mind when I was having problems, believe me lol. I'm enjoying it quite well now, depending on my mood after my classified listings run their course I may get another...we'll see. As for your Defcon, let me know how that goes for you. I have a friend that said the wait was pretty intense, and I've been unhappy with the 2 I received, just cant get them to stop leaking (that and they're gutted gigantomizers I believe). I might need to mess with them some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread