(Genesis style)Smoktech VIVI TANK rebuildable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Yeah, I ordered the Defcon, then all those others while waiting on it. It shipped yesterday. I was starting to think the DID was going to beat it here even though it's coming from Greece.

I realized it was a modified Giantomizer when I ordered it, but I didn't have the stuff or the time to make one myself and thought that would be a quick easy way to try out a Genny style device. lol.

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
VVery
hmmm... I see the complete opposite of this statement. The co-op i joined for a mini genesis had a 300 unit capacity which filled up in just days. Zenesis is always backed up, and so are the other modders out there who make these and cant keep up with demand.

I use stardusts, vivi nova's , carto's, dual coil carto tanks, vision stone, ce2's, ce3- and they all have had issues of some form. I have to rebuild my stardusts once a week, my nova tanks have been nothing but problems and just now working right after rebuilding it several times and fixing the hot coil leg issue these novas have.

A genesis can be ran for decades with a 75 foot roll of kanthal wire ($5) and a 12"x12" stainless mesh sheet ($15) They are easily recoiled, best taste and vapor production out there, and safest wicking material....

How this is redundant I fail to see.
Very well stated deezdrama

monkey13

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2012
sAlam, Malaysia
View attachment 123326 View attachment 123329 View attachment 123330

There's a few different shots to show you the coils/wick.

View attachment 123327

This is a good top shot for those interested. The hole for the wick had to be predrilled to fit it, I brought it out to about 7/64 to allow for a proper wick, the other predrilled wick hole is used for filling via syringe or syringe bottle. It should be noted that when drilling the hole for the wick that the top disk can come loose, and pull the wire for the positive loose. When I first got this I read the positive out at .7 ohms, and replaced the wire anyway, but it is something to be aware of.

I plugged the original air hole with part of an old carto condom, you want the hole for the air to be really close to your wick for the most vapor. For the air hole I started with about a 1/16th, similar to a carto, but a little tight for my taste. In the end I stopped at about a 5/64 hole for air flow, and put it right where the wick is, above the top disk (just to avoid confusion).

View attachment 123333

Side view of the finished atty, for hole placement.

Hope this helps a few people out.

I've been waiting for quite some time now for a cheaper genesis style tank.. this tank looks promising, but im still trying to understand exactly what have been mooded to it while i awaits this tank....

1) how many hole did u drill out?
2) what happen to the existing hole?
3) wouldn't the hole for the filling leak?

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I came home from work and enlarged wick holes enough to accommodate one more wick for a total of three and made a 3.2 ohm coil. Seems good, able to do higher voltage, testing now(gonna vape the whole tank)

I'm curious Craig, how does your wicking compare to mesh wicks like TommyG's in post#87?

Errol

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'm curious Craig, how does your wicking compare to mesh wicks like TommyG's in post#87?

Errol
I have not done a mesh wick with it, I have another one coming in a couple of days, but I think I will add another negative post and two more wick hole and do a dual coil. I am pretty sold on cotton being the best overall choice(except for bamboo yarn from what I read)

Oh I guess that has not your question, well I can pull off the top and sizzle it for a considerable length of time ( to be a show off), put the top back on, take a hit and it tastes as it should. I took it into a storefront of probably US's biggest juice maker and they were impressed.

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I have not done a mesh wick with it, I have another one coming in a couple of days, but I think I will add another negative post and two more wick hole and do a dual coil. I am pretty sold on cotton being the best overall choice(except for bamboo yarn from what I read)

Oh I guess that has not your question, well I can pull off the top and sizzle it for a considerable length of time ( to be a show off), put the top back on, take a hit and it tastes as it should. I took it into a storefront of probably US's biggest juice maker and they were impressed.

To me the mesh wick looks like a great deal of effort and practice to get it right and if it's the same or only marginally better than something like yours it doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

Until I get some supplies to mod the coil and wick I'm having pretty good luck just dripping up to 10 drops in the coil chamber to get some pretty good vaping, better than the Phoenix rebuildable unit for my taste. Just have to lay it on it's side when not in use.

Errol

Last edited:

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
When I get my order, either today or tomorrow, I'll give the out of the box setup a go with the same juice I have loaded in my Vivi genesis. As for the mesh wick taking a while to get set up, which takes about 3 minutes once you've done it a few times, the wick lasts a month or two before needing to be replaced, and the coils can last up to a month before needing to be replaced. So even though the process may look like a pain, it's really not that bad when you take that into consideration. I've heard people say the coils need replacing weekly, but that hasn't been the case for me, and I enjoy building new wicks and coils personally.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
When I get my order, either today or tomorrow, I'll give the out of the box setup a go with the same juice I have loaded in my Vivi genesis. As for the mesh wick taking a while to get set up, which takes about 3 minutes once you've done it a few times, the wick lasts a month or two before needing to be replaced, and the coils can last up to a month before needing to be replaced. So even though the process may look like a pain, it's really not that bad when you take that into consideration. I've heard people say the coils need replacing weekly, but that hasn't been the case for me, and I enjoy building new wicks and coils personally.
To have one working even almost good out of the box really got me scratching the old head. Both of mine were the worst thing I have experienced. But since there were some slight variations between the two that i have, maybe Smoktech made the wick hole bigger or slimmer wick, anyway working good out of box really got my attention. I'm going to do a U shaped SS right now, I will post results.
EDIT: my u shaped wick mod kinda ran into some clearence problems,there just wasn't enough space between pos and neg posts so the coil was getting up against one or the other.
Ended up with cotton wicks, working real good

Last edited:

MikeK0416

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Mount Dora FL
tried out at lunch and so far tastes good and no problems with number two.

GGTS kicked with 2 ohm tank

xoiah5.jpg

Ps lube up the top o-ring to make it easier to get back into the tank and pre-moisten the coil/wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread