GG Maintenance & General User Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
For GG owners using the 6V setup:

1/ Holding the switch for 2-4 seconds should be ample in terms of vapour production and hit. I prefer shorter hits at more regular intervals which means the atomiser doesn't fry the liquid as quickly and therefore you get more hits from the same amount of liquid.

2/ To refill with liquid, drip one drop on the atomiser and top up the cart until pooling. I use the tea bag material as a filler in the cart and find no problems whatsoever with using the cart. In fact the cart means there is more liquid to keep the atomiser running cool. I top up the cart at the same rate as the Dura C.

Obviously you will find your own preferences, but these are just some of my observations which may help.... :)

no matter how hard i try i cant get a good hit with one drop on the atty and a cart thats full - it tastes bad. I need 2 - often 3 drops on the atty to make it work. =/

Vaughanie

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
I've just had a horrendous couple of hours. My GG Grant suddenly stopped firing after I took an fine emery board (with fine sandpaper etc.) to clean the button. I thought I should do this since I've had the device for over a month. Could I get the GG to fire up again? No!

I cleaned all the contacts with water then when that didn't work, vodka.. the button started to stick a bit in the last 10 minutes and then GG started working again. Anybody had any similar experiences?

I wouldn't particularly like to go thru all that again come cleaning of button time and I'm not sure how long it will continue to fire but seems o.k at the moment.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Oh Vaughanie, no... a nightmare...

Did you have the very fine sandpaper Imeo recommends? if not, get some, he is most insistant on using the 1200, which I think you get at a car accessory shop.. Halfords or so, as its the type used to sand down the final coat of paint...I think..

I dont have my GG yet so cant answer

bionic_vapour_boy

May 29, 2009
Hey all

hopefully some one can give me a little advice. I got a nano the other day, came really quickly, great service! although i seem to be having a little problem... mainly the batteries, after charging for a whole night are not lasting very long at all, about an hour of on off vaping....

The main reason for buying the nano was the improved battery life over the Janty Stick. The JS is 3.7v and around 360mah, where as the nano has a 1200mah battery so should last considerably longer. its not lasting a quarter as long at the minute.

I also had an idea, instead of selling the adaptors, why not just make different end caps to fit the different atomisers Imeo? this keeps them slightly shorter in length.

thanks for any help on this, at the minute I'm a little underwhelmed....

bvb

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Bionic

I am sure Imeo will come on later to answer you, meantime, I am no expert, as I do not as yet have a GG of any kind...

I do have other e-cigs though including the Janty Stick.

When that starts performing less, its down to a couple of things, as I am sure you already know, ( but someone who doesnt may be reading also) atomiser, battery or battery charger.

If you know your atomiser is ok. And its definately down to the batteries not holding a charge, then it can be one of two things, batteries or charger.

If you do not have spares of either, then I would think an email to Tim would be the best thing to do.

Although do nothing till you hear from Imeo, as I always tell him, I know nothing of batteries...lol

Dont despair, Im sure its going to be easy to sort out.

Hey all

hopefully some one can give me a little advice. I got a nano the other day, came really quickly, great service! although i seem to be having a little problem... mainly the batteries, after charging for a whole night are not lasting very long at all, about an hour of on off vaping....

The main reason for buying the nano was the improved battery life over the Janty Stick. The JS is 3.7v and around 360mah, where as the nano has a 1200mah battery so should last considerably longer. its not lasting a quarter as long at the minute.

I also had an idea, instead of selling the adaptors, why not just make different end caps to fit the different atomisers Imeo? this keeps them slightly shorter in length.

thanks for any help on this, at the minute I'm a little underwhelmed....

bvb

You probably need to charge them a few times to "full" before they will kick in. This happened for me on my jantystick, and also on my GG Grant. So - dont despair, when theyre dry, charge them ALL up again, use them and suddenly after 1-2 times, you will see them lasting much longer.

Oh and regarding the end caps, if he does that i think the adaptors will be quite pricey, and also as it is right now i believe the extra "cap" shields the batteries somewhat from juice.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA

I did a test with my Grant at 6v using cr2 batts.

With "constant" vaping I get 1-1/2 hours of use before the vapor production drops off.

Constant vaping would be 1 drag every minute or two.

Yes, guys LOL - there are times when I puff puff puff and puff some more!

I have 20+ cr2 batts that have had several charges. No difference in duration.

Usually I get 2-3 hours of use with normal vaping.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I did a test with my Grant at 6v using cr2 batts.

With "constant" vaping I get 1-1/2 hours of use before the vapor production drops off.

Constant vaping would be 1 drag every minute or two.

Yes, guys LOL - there are times when I puff puff puff and puff some more!

I have 20+ cr2 batts that have had several charges. No difference in duration.

Usually I get 2-3 hours of use with normal vaping.

ha ha ha -----mamu

*Constant vaping would be 1 drag every minute or two*

that is normal smokin' for me,
the bloody thing is permanantly
pressed sensuously to my lips,

I get 2 + hours on a set of fully charged --- 6V.

poor thing, ----
the GG gets withdrawal from me, when I sleep.......8-o
lol.gif

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I've just had a horrendous couple of hours. My GG Grant suddenly stopped firing after I took an fine emery board (with fine sandpaper etc.) to clean the button. I thought I should do this since I've had the device for over a month. Could I get the GG to fire up again? No!

I cleaned all the contacts with water then when that didn't work, vodka.. the button started to stick a bit in the last 10 minutes and then GG started working again. Anybody had any similar experiences?

I wouldn't particularly like to go thru all that again come cleaning of button time and I'm not sure how long it will continue to fire but seems o.k at the moment.
I did the same thing. I got the wrong sandpaper and now you will have problems. Sent Sakis a PM and he will tell you what to do. I thought my GG was ok and than after I did this with the wrong sandpaper. The button starting sticking. Sakis, can help you. Mine works perfect now.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA

If you are in the USA you can buy 1000 grit sandpaper at Auto Zone (thanks to rejoice for that tip!!)

If your GG gets sick again ask Imeo - he will give you instructions to make her well again.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm still having problems folks :(

I eventually found an old white DSE901 atomiser that I could use on my GG without it instantly burning out :) Problem now is that batteries are dying after about 15 mins & one lot of 2 that I got with my kit after only the 3rd time of trying to recharge them, wont recharge - the light on the charger just remains red even after being in there for 6 hours :cry:

So I'm wondering if any of you clever folks could tell me if the CR2 batteries have been faulty all along, could they be the reason for killing my other atomisers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread