GGTS imitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Germany
I saw an other GG copy I would say.... It's a 26650 GG ...and he is a GG fan aswell ..at least he claims ;)

i know what ur talking about. the mods name is congestus, but its not sold commercially. there were a couple people interested in a device someone had made exclusively for himself and he somehow arranged for them to get one too.

so no comparison to the chinese as far as i can tell.

edit: i think u can even find a video on youtube he made with english subs

edit 2: here it is: http:/ /www . youtube . com / watch?v = _orTNYNRqgM

Last edited by a moderator:

tomhh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Germany
actually this word doesnt have any meaning at all in the german language as it isnt part of it. its latin.

the reason for him choosing this name probably was the fact that its used in regards to clouds, which might resemble vapor.

www . windows2universe . org / earth / Atmosphere / clouds / cumulus _ congestus.html] Cumulus Congestus Clouds

but thats just a wild guess on my part...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
i know what ur talking about. the mods name is congestus, but its not sold commercially. there were a couple people interested in a device someone had made exclusively for himself and he somehow arranged for them to get one too.

so no comparison to the chinese as far as i can tell.

edit: i think u can even find a video on youtube he made with english subs

edit 2: here it is: http:/ /www . youtube . com / watch?v = _orTNYNRqgM

Hey its nice ...it's a GG but not a GG ;)

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I was going through COV website, just looking products and than I saw AGA RBA atty, which is blatant copy of DID atomiser. I haven't seen this before because I buy GG's from e-smokeguru and other e-cig products mainly from EU sites.

So we have one for me strange situation. We are all here GG fans, love our products which are both fabulous in quality and estetics and we are all disapproving and condemning the copiers. But than we have situation where official GG seller is selling copy of other greek producer. So basically, guys who are condemning GG copiers and copies are buying GG from the guy who is selling DID copies. Isn't this little strange and inconsistent? Are we/you generally against all copies of other one's work or just GG copies?

Interesting thing to think about. :)

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
I'm not going to be thinking about it too long Moon. Bruce the owner of COV is probably the most stand up guy in the e-cig industry in the US. The fact that he stocks the AGA doesn't mean much as he has no ties with Jim the maker of the DID.
Besides have a look at most US online e-cig stores and you'll see the AGA.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I agree that we disagree.

This is a matter of principle, so I look at it as any other case. I don't know Bruce, I never ordered anything from COV and don't have any experiences, good or bad. I can take your word for that you're saying.

But there is still the principle issue. If I am against copiers than I'm against all of them, including selling of them. From my stand it is very simple:

- COV is selling AGA
- AGA is blatant copy of DID
- COV is selling AGA, blatant copy of DID

I don't see any difference from Stormy's. For sure there are people who have only good expiriences with Stormy's and they are happy buying from there... but that doesn't change the fact that they are selling blatant copy of Ody. For me that is good enough reason not to buy from them. The fact that they don't have any ties with Imeo, the maker of the Ody, doesn't play any role in that. That only says to me that they are in lack of respect for someones work and ideas.

And I really do not understand what do you mean by "Besides have a look at most US online e-cig stores and you'll see the AGA."? Does that mean that if all of US online e-cig stores sell Ody copy, in that case it would be ok? Or that's ok to do everything that other people are doing and that makes it somehow acceptable and regular behaviour?

Copy is copy, there is no difference. When I raise my voice agains GG copies, I'm not doing it only because of Imeo, even though GG products are the one's made me do that. I'm raising my voice against all copiers and stealing of someone's idea, time and hard work.

Last edited:

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
dear moonwalker, honestly i find it much easier to locate a copy of gg product than others. basically imeo products have features such unique and innovative details that no other product is comparable. if we also look at the ithaka to name one or ggts find well-defined characteristics that make the products gg on another level, they are a separate category. this is one reason that makes me appreciate the creative effort of the author and pushes me to buy.
the fact remains that the work of any modder should be respected and protected, unfortunately the mass market follows very different rules.
in the midst of all this confusion of various rag bag, more credit goes to imeo for all that it offers, his talent, his quality.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I hear you, I just don't want to mix up to separate stories. I'm not talking about the quality or complexity of products, just about copying. When you strip off all other things and put it at the same level just about copying, the point is the same no matter who/what is copied.

I ordered DID, received it and sold it without using it even once. Reason? I received my GGTS and UFS. Now I'm waiting for Ithaka to be produced and shipped... after that Achilles... so there is no second toughts in my mind where the quality and the beauty is. And no doubt which are the only e-cig products I use. But that is irelevant for this story.

Other level (which GG absolutely is) doesn't affect the point I made. Ferrari is Ferrari and could not be compared in any circumstances with for example KIA or Hyundai, but if someone decides to copy whole car (maybe stupid example but still example), it wouldn't make any difference which one of mentioned he copied. Bottom line is that it's wrong.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I dont really know how DID is made but from a video that I saw I think that it was a "copy" of genesis atomizers Moon. DID had something unique on it? Any new thought? A different design or a different function? If not, then it was a copy itself. But if it has something from the above then of course the copiers of it has to be banned from your buys and from anyone else's buys!!

About Bruce and other sellers: The bad thing is that when a feature (that someone invented) becomes common, then the seller has to sell those copies because nothing else left to sell. For example, if Bruce starts selling a telescope e-cig then I will not react to his desision because even if I invented the telescope, the whole market sells telescoping e-cigs so Bruce has to stay on this market.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
I agree w/ Imeo that if Bruce didn't carry some form of readily available Genesis atomizer, then he would lose a lot of business. The AGA imo is nothing like the DID. It is in a sense that it's a genesis atomizer, which from what I know originated from Jim's DID atomizer.

I have before purchased a clone before just to get an idea of the product I really wanted. I felt terrible both times for buying copies, but both times the very next day I was seeking the real deal. This was before I realized that you really do get what you pay for. ;)

jralabate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
www.about.me
Here is my take on fake/clone GGTS. I like the idea if a full mechanical mod but, I don't know of one will work for my vaping style. I don't want to drop the money to get a GGTS with out knowing. I am someone that will put good money down one a mod but I want to know first if it will work for me.

Sent from my NS4G powered by CN JB

MaligknoGDL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Guadalajara, Mexico
just like imeo says, even if he invets a system thats superior to every one else sellers have to adjust to the market and the famous supply demand rules, just becose they are selling copys of a product dosent mean they are terrible people same whit the buyer, he might just be trying to save a buck or he dosent have the time and money to get original GG or similar stuff.

in the end its not the buyer or sellers fault that their products are being rip-off, its the fault of the creator that didnt patented his inventions and protect itself, imeo on the other hand has a bigger problem whit his products, even whit copys available people rather buy his products but hes not able to keep demand steady and as long as this is still happening people will buy clones, but im glad that some day no matter what people buy at least 1 feature imeo invented will be enjoyed by everyone and not even notice the genius that was behind that awesome air control feature in hes new lavatube v6.

its all matter of perspective in my opinion, i think it was volvo who invented the 3 point seat bell but they choose to licese it for free so evryone could be safe and enjoy it, im not saying imeo should just give his invetions for free, he just needs to protect himself and licese his patents to other manufacturers.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Its never inventor's fault Malig, its always copier's fault. Inventor has to patent his invention of course but the thiuef is always a thief and nothing can change that.
Anyway, patent is not always easy. You need a very big amount of money to patent every new invention and noone is able to do that. Its not worth the money. But I have patented VIR just because it will sweep the e-cig market

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
Its never inventor's fault Malig, its always copier's fault. Inventor has to patent his invention of course but the thiuef is always a thief and nothing can change that.
Anyway, patent is not always easy. You need a very big amount of money to patent every new invention and noone is able to do that. Its not worth the money. But I have patented VIR just because it will sweep the e-cig market

clapping.gif

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
A free market is driven by the consumer. If there were no one willing to buy the thiefs copy, the thief would not make it.

Consumers have the control, but unfortunately many do not exercise that control in a thoughtful way. There is no thought to the repercussions of supporting the thief or the company with no regard to the originator, the environment, the local or world economy, etc.
Thiefs, just like many companies, have no regard for anything but profit. And most consumers have no regard for anything but how cheap they can purchase something.

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
A free market is driven by the consumer. If there were no one willing to buy the thiefs copy, the thief would not make it.

Consumers have the control, but unfortunately many do not exercise that control in a thoughtful way. There is no thought to the repercussions of supporting the thief or the company with no regard to the originator, the environment, the local or world economy, etc.
Thiefs, just like many companies, have no regard for anything but profit. And most consumers have no regard for anything but how cheap they can purchase something.

i agree and would add that the result, at least as i see it, is that when you buy a golden greek original you buy the best and you are satisfied, otherwise if you buy stumers you continue to buy stuff and in the end you spend a lot more.
i know this is not possible but if one take only ggts and ithaka has everything he needs to an excellent standard for the rest of life ..
.. oh well add the vir
pac.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread