Goliath by Youde

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlenb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Just got mine last night. Pretty clean, stripped it to the component parts and a soak in boiling water followed by a toothbrush scrub and it's good to build. I come from a Mutation Xv2 clone and just built a Freakshow so I started out with 24g 2.5mm coils, just to see if I could. Which brings me to my only con:

The Build Deck is awfully tight for something named the GOLIATH!

Derek: "What is this? An atomizer for ANTZ? How can we be expected to build 24g .18ohm cloud chucking macrocoils... if they can't even fit inside the chimney?
Youde: "Derek, this is just a small..."
Derek: "I don't wanna hear your excuses! The build deck has to be at least... three times bigger than this!"

So yeah, I'm on 28g making a couple of microcoils. Maybe verticals is the way to go. Might be able to cram a 26g minicoil setup in there. Or a single coil running through the notch in the pins.

Got it built and wicked, easy as pie. Speaking of pie, I have some DIY max VG 6mg banana and graham cracker chocolate pie juice, lets see how it tastes... mmm, great clouds, runs hot with that build, a bit muted. Better in a dripper with lots of heat. Lets crank it up to 60 watts, whups, I'm stopping at 55. Welp, what would work better in here?

Brint, Meekus, Rufus: [in unison] "Orange Mocha Frappuccino!"

Conclusions:
So, it's got juice flow and airflow control, it's got midlevel dripper max air throughput, and holds 3+ mls of juice. I can shut it off to stop leaks. I can crank down the power and air to stealth. Once I dial in a build (in a deck designed for Oompa Loompas), I'm sure it'll be awesome. This is totally worth the 36 bucks for an out and about pocket device. Get one now.

Last edited:
Reactions: coustain

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I turned on a buddy of mine to the Goliath. He pointed out the positive post has a hollow hole. So the peek insulator is actually exposed. Pathologists don't overlook a damned thing :D That had me thinking of why we're having weird resistance readings. Makes perfect sense. I folded a tiny piece of ss mesh and stuffed it in the hole. Screwed it down tight to form a barrier on the peek insulator. I'm not having anymore resistance problems. It's always something :facepalm: I sure hope Youde and Mr. Lopez reads this. Hey guys design a positive post that has a bottom. Thanks

Reactions: Cyrus Vap

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Does anyone have any idea when the v2 would be coming out? I'm guessing it would probably several months maybe.

I just picked up a Sigelei 150w (well, on monday technically) and I was wondering if this could go up to the 150w or could it cause any issues? And can it handle a .2 ohm build? And my last question is, would you recommend this RTA over others? I'm a cloud chaser since I like big lung fulls, if that helps. Thanks in advance!

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
My Goliath got here today. Great flavor, once the coils warm up. Juice hog like none other - even seeing all the reviews and reading all the comments, I wasn't prepared for how much e-liquid this uses.

Now to the point: How many of you see actual threading where the chimney flue meets with the top cap? Not just the o-ring that's supposed to be be completely enveloped by the joint there, but the threading for the chimney tube... In the subReddit for the group buy I'm part of, it seems normal. After 2 tanks of juice, it doesn't seem to cause any leaking, but wow is that shotty QC...

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Does anyone have any idea when the v2 would be coming out? I'm guessing it would probably several months maybe.

I just picked up a Sigelei 150w (well, on monday technically) and I was wondering if this could go up to the 150w or could it cause any issues? And can it handle a .2 ohm build? And my last question is, would you recommend this RTA over others? I'm a cloud chaser since I like big lung fulls, if that helps. Thanks in advance!

The build deck is too small to make coils that can handle 150w. So no.

Also on a side note, 0.2 ohm on a sigelei 150w is not ideal. Check out some oscilloscope testing done on it, regulation is pretty inaccurate with that low resistance.

Would I recommend the tank? Probably not for most. Would I buy another if mine were lost or stolen, absolutely.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Thanks. I read on Steam Engine that it's sweet spot is around .35 I think it was. My usual build is .25 but I'll most likely end up rebuilding it to the sweet spot for the Sigelei.

I'd read of a redditor who used their Goliath at .27. Can it handle that? What's the max wattage that you would put through the Goliath? And does it have a limit?

Sorry about all the answer and thanks in advance.

coustain

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2014
Fort Jackson, SC
Got mine in yesterday... and I like my Goblin more than this.
Vapor production is pretty much the same, flavor is pretty much the same, yet this uses waaaay more juice and is not as easy as the Goblin to build on with the tools I use.

I agree. I love the fill method and juice flow control on the Goliath, but my Goblin is still my go-to tank at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhablet using Tapatalk

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Glad someone agrees. Maybe I'll pick up the Cthulu just for the top fill capability.

I am thinking about grabbing one too, but mainly for the slightly larger build deck. Being able to fit 3mm ID coils in a goblin style tank, yes please.

My biggest gripe with the goliath is the build deck size.

I still don't see how everyone thinks it uses so much juice. I find it comparable to my goblin / orchid / fogger.

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
Finally received mine from the pre-order a while back. No kidding guys, this atty devours juice! I like the vape from it. So far, not much different from the Goblin. If these two had a baby, I'd be happy. They both have characteristics and flaws that could compliment each other. I enjoy my Goblins but I can build on the Goliath a heck of a lot quicker and not as much trimming on the wick is needed in contrast to the Goblin so that's nice when you're on the go. And filling it, SO MUCH QUICKER. Boom, done.

Does anyone else have a chimney that seems like it doesn't fit? It's like the center section isn't long enough... It's not leaking or anything but it kinda looks unattractive with all the chimney parts not screwing flush with each other. I was just curious to see if this was a thing with all the Goliath's out there or just mine.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Finally received mine from the pre-order a while back. No kidding guys, this atty devours juice! I like the vape from it. So far, not much different from the Goblin. If these two had a baby, I'd be happy. They both have characteristics and flaws that could compliment each other. I enjoy my Goblins but I can build on the Goliath a heck of a lot quicker and not as much trimming on the wick is needed in contrast to the Goblin so that's nice when you're on the go. And filling it, SO MUCH QUICKER. Boom, done.

Does anyone else have a chimney that seems like it doesn't fit? It's like the center section isn't long enough... It's not leaking or anything but it kinda looks unattractive with all the chimney parts not screwing flush with each other. I was just curious to see if this was a thing with all the Goliath's out there or just mine.

FWIW, mine is the same way regarding the chimney, can see the black o-ring, and maybe a thread depending on how tight I get it.

Reactions: nar0bin

nar0bin

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
McKinney, Tx
Okay. Cool. I got the spaces even on both sides with o-rings showing so it doesn't look as tacky. It doesn't really look bad at all when they are even. It kinda flows with the heat sinks on the top cap now that I'm looking at it.

BTW, loving this new site. Much more photo friendly :)

Attachments

• IMG_0199G.jpeg
    IMG_0199G.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 21

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Has anyone successfully built a Ni200 TC build on this yet? I was able to get one working flawlessly on my Goblin, but the first and second attempts to build on the Goliath both were way off in the Ohms Dept.

Sent from my iPhablet using Tapatalk

I have, used 28g ni200 2.4mm ID 11 wraps.

HmyWq7T.jpg

Reactions: nar0bin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread