The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GP Series by VapourArt - Contest for GP Spheroid 22 mm

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by perseas, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Idaholandho

Idaholandho Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    Reading Naked
    Potato....I'm tellin JoawesomeQueen that your labeling again.

One of the few items I respect com Asian history is the abacus or the counting frame.
    I may or may not have one made with potato pieces. I can count to potato now.

2. Dan Knight

Dan Knight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. Idaholandho

Idaholandho Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    Reading Naked
    Dano! Nice to see you here on the thread of King P's and his Technicolor army of GP greatness.

4. Dan Knight

Dan Knight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

5. MeanyMikey

MeanyMikey Senior Member Verified Member

Jun 23, 2013
    MN
    Sphatty, nuff said, lmao

6. Coldpunk

Coldpunk Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Columbia, Mo
  7. montara

montara Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2012
    Nor-Cal
    FLUX
    "cause I see this making love to my LUX:)

Flux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A simple and ubiquitous concept throughout physics and applied mathematics is the flow of a physical property in space, frequently also with time variation. It is the basis of the field concept in physics and mathematics, with two principal applications: in transport phenomena and surface integrals. The terms "flux", "current", "flux density", "current density", can sometimes be used interchangeably and ambiguously, though the terms used below match those of the contexts in the literature.:blink:

or FLUXUX

The word flux comes from Latin: fluxus means "flow", and fluere is "to flow".[1] As fluxion, this term was introduced into differential calculus by Isaac Newton.

8. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Αθήνα (Athena)

The Patron Goddess of City of Athens, is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration and many others (viz. civilization, law & justice, warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill). Athena is also a shrewd companion of heroes and is the goddess of heroic endeavour.

Though Athena is a goddess of war strategy, she disliked fighting without purpose and preferred to use wisdom to settle predicaments. As patron of Athens she fought in the Trojan war on the side of the Achaeans.

Athena has been used numerous times as a symbol of a republic by different countries and appears on their currency ~ as she did on the ancient drachma of Athens.

Main attributes for naming the Spheroid-22: -Easily conceivable as originating from Greece

9. Kane76

Kane76 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    How about "Bravo or Brava" which is a synonym for "well-done" or "splendid".
    Since all of Team GP's products come to us with nothing g but perfection...we all, in some way express a "bravo" of some sort. Whether it's out loud or quietly in amazement, wearing a grin from ear to ear...we all express our own special "bravo" in the end.

"GP Bravo" or "GP Brava"

10. the ob

the ob Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
  11. LouEyez

LouEyez Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2013
    Geneva
    Hipoid or GPoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ln617

ln617 Full Member

Mar 29, 2013
    detroit, mi, usa
    A solenoid (from the French solénoïde, derived in turn from the Greek solen "pipe, channel" + combining form of Greek eidos "form, shape"[1]) is a coil wound into a tightly packed helix. The term was invented by French physicist André-Marie Ampère to designate a helical coil.[2]

[​IMG]

GP Solenoid

or GP Void

13. curisu

curisu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    San Francisco
    If I had designed the spheroid and also designed its successor, I believe keeping the original as part of the name would be important.

I'd also want to acknowledge the refinement and changes that went into development of the final product.

And lastly, I'd want to make sure that it could also be called on it's own without having to juggle too many syllables.

I humbly submit my suggestions:

Spheorid Apex
    if "Spheroid" suggests "round" and "constant arc", apex seems fitting in describing the absolute top of that arc.

Spheroid Delta
    can be thought of as "change" or "difference". commonly, a difference in velocity

Spheroid Belle
    a nod to the shape of the collector (and I guess it's head), but also in french, "beauty" (of which i have no doubt she'll be)

14. Seapup

Seapup Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    GP Κρονος - Kronos was the ruler of the Titans; father of the Olympians. His father was Uranus, so you could say Kronos was a 'roid. :D

15. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Spheroid Concordé
    Meaning: Agreement, harmony or union
    Referring: The seamless mating of Spheroid-22 with a Paps (or any M20/1 device) due it's proprietary connector

For the beginning of the journey once again...

"Men of vision designed this wonderful machine, men of passion built her,
    and I hope that it will be said - men of skill and daring flew her."

~Capt. Adrian Thompson
    Concorde Pilot, last Heathrow-New York flight

16. DaFreeK

DaFreeK Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2012
    Osijek, Croatia
    I like the name Spheroid 22 :D

Or maybe Spheroid Venturi, since it uses the Venturi effect?

17. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    P.S. I Love You !

Yes, I'm trying to win. Damn right I am! But, if I do win - I'd like the winnings to be sent to the next best entree.

18. CraigTime

CraigTime Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2012
    Toledo, OH
    How about the GP Sphere?

19. SimianSteam

SimianSteam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    The Jungle
    The Sophia, named after the famous domed church in Turkey and the Greek word for Wisdom.

[​IMG]

20. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    I think that's taken already...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.