GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
I have said this several times before, but it needs to be said again.

No one, and I mean no one provides the speedy, and complete service that Perseas does.

I currently own about 75 different devices (many have been sold too :)) I have tried them all. I admire and am even friends with several devices makers and suppliers.

Perseas commitment to his products and making things right when issues arise is UNPARALLELED. His devices are amazing pieces of machinery (if you can call them machines) and I have had a couple of minor issues. I have contacted Perseas and his response is always very timely and immediate action is taken.

I want to publicly thank him and let all of you know how wonderful he is. His customer service is truly amazing!

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
help, my picollo v2.5 switch won't lock

took it apart, cleaned it and reassembled it, played around with height of the nut and screw to no avail. i made the throw terrificly short, but it still won't lock

I will try to take a look at mine and see if I can offer any help. I am not that smart, but will give it a shot! Otherwise, pm perseus and he is amazingly helpful :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
help, my picollo v2.5 switch won't lock

took it apart, cleaned it and reassembled it, played around with height of the nut and screw to no avail. i made the throw terrifically short, but it still won't lock

Send an email to info@vapourart.com with your order number and we'll find a solution definitely. I suppose you use AW IMR 14500 batteries and not other brand.

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
thanks ob.
i had a dream last night i had enough money to have a collection as nice as yours

but then i woke up and realized how broke i am...

I took a look at mine and cannot figure out for the life of me why you would be having the issue.

lets try it step by step. Do you have photos? What batteries are you using? Unscrew it from the device and then screw it in all the way what happens? If you can give me more details, that would be great.

Rick Taps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Wiesbaden, Germany
I just received my Spheroid in the mail today from Vapourart and I am deeply disappointed. I was incredibly excited to try this RBA but as soon as I placed it on my Provari mini, there was no air flow. There was such an incredibly tight draw that it would make it impossible to vape. I thought, "Maybe once you put a coil on it and wick some liquid, it might be vapeable", so I did that. I put it on the Provari mini again and got 2.0Ω but there is still zero air flow when I try to draw. I've tried it on my Silver Bullet, Lavatube, various eGo twists and even an old 510 battery, no air flow on any devices. I've even tried to not screw it in all the way to see if the holes in the 510 connection of the Spheroid is what's causing the problem, but as soon as I screw it even one turn... the air flow is almost zero.

I've done various searches on a few different forums and Google and could not find anybody that has this same problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this a defective unit?

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
I am guessing the pin is not coning down far enough.

take the bottom off (turning it clockwise and not the opposite as usual) and push the pin down more. I will sometimes flip it over and put the flat bottom of the pin on a hard surface and push it.

let me know if that helps. It may be sitting below the edge of the 510 connector and needs to protrude down further.

Rick Taps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Wiesbaden, Germany
Thank you for the advice but I don't think that will fix the problem. If I even just place the Spheroid on the threads and twist it one turn, the air flow decreases to the point where it becomes a severely tight draw. It shouldn't do this seeing that the air holes are completely exposed (although there is no connection because it's not screwed in all the way). It's almost as if the air holes on the 510 connector portion of the Spheroid are not drilled all the way through. It's extremely frustrating.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
The 510 pin connection obviously doesn't protrude enough or the air holes are blocked. Disassemble the unit, with cir clip pliers turn the bottom cap CLOCKWISE to open it, this RBA is full mechanical. Unscrew then the positive post half or a quarter of a turn, not more and it will be fine. Inform me please of the result.

EDIT
No problem mate, if I was in in your position, possibly I would have reacted the same way :)
This RBA is full mechanical, you can take it apart, by turning the bottom cap CLOCKWISE with cir clip pliers, in order to to clean it or to find out what was blocking the air holes.

Last edited:

Rick Taps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Wiesbaden, Germany
The 510 pin connection obviously doesn't protrude enough or the air holes are blocked. Disassemble the unit, with cir clip pliers turn the bottom cap CLOCKWISE to open it, this RBA is full mechanical. Unscrew then the positive post half or a quarter of a turn, not more and it will be fine. Inform me please of the result.

perseas, apologies for the panicked post but here is what I did to fix it.

Ok, I have no idea what I did or what it did... but I took a pin and wiggled it around the inside of the air holes in the 510 connector and that did it. There must have been something blocking the inside. Problem solved, sorry for the panic attack.

Thanks for the quick reply, though. It's now vaping like the monster that I expected it would vape like.

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
No OB, he quoted my post, which I was editing at the same time, he was posting his answer, which was posted the moment I was writing a response, for his previous post. So, I re-edited my post to keep the logic sequence intact.
We are all very fast here, lol

I know Perseus, I was just being a smart ... :) Its what I do. Rick Taps, glad you are enjoying this special device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread