GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
From left to right GP Piccolo evolution:
v1, v2, v2,5, v3 two tone polished, v3 satin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359980104.570081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgresham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Texas
Hi guys, I posted what's below on another forum also, but this one might get a bit more activity.

I've got an issue I hope you guys can help me out with. My wife's go to mod is her PAPS, she absolutely loves it. Over the past week or two, when Ive been coiling her rba, ive had some issues with the PAPS firing, but eventually I have gotten it to fire. This weekend though, it quit on me. I looked at the 510 connector, and the spring was pretty worn out, so I tried to take it out to clean it, and it broke in several pieces. I don't have any extra springs, so I went to the local hardware store and purchased some 10/32 brass screws. I put a screw in the connector, and I still can't get any type of connection to happen.

I am wondering if the switch is actually the problem here. Of course, since the spring was so brittle, I thought it was the problem, but the brass screw should have worked, if the switch is working. Am I on the right track at all, and, if so, how do I even go about taking apart the switch and trying to fix it?

Thanks!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I'll do what I can to help you mate, but keep in mind that I can help you only if you use the original pieces of the mod. Although the brass screw you used should work. But I don't even know, if this screw you put, makes a proper contact.

I f you want to open the switch, you need to tilt with a screwdriver the c-clip that holds the button in its place. To access this c-clip, you have to remove first the plastic insulator with a screwdriver. Take care for the c-clip, it tends to fly around from the moment is dislocated from its place. The spring is a hot spring and works as a fuse, after much use, it needs to be changed.

If you need springs I have available. In 10 days at most, we will have all the spare parts for GP PAPS v2.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you very much for the feed back. It is crucial for us to be informed of how people perceive our devices.
Every feedback is welcomed, no matter if it is good or bad, because in that way we can improve our products even further.

The upcoming batch of GP Spheroid is now under some special treatment of the SS 316 and an even better machining process regarding the threading and the overall appearance :D

When it is finished, I'll update with more informations and photos of the updated GP Spheroid.

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Thank you very much for the feed back. It is crucial for us to be informed of how people perceive our devices.
Every feedback is welcomed, no matter if it is good or bad, because in that way we can improve our products even further.

The upcoming batch of GP Spheroid is now under some special treatment of the SS 316 and an even better machining process regarding the threading and the overall appearance :D

When it is finished, I'll update with more informations and photos of the updated GP Spheroid.

Maybe I am just going to have to buy another!

TalkingCactus

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
Paradise Valley, AZ.

Ok, ok... Im in now. I've been eyeing the GP Speroid for a while now, and this thread. Will be watching to see the photo(s) of this slightly tweaked version. I only hope there's enough time to view it before it goes on sale, so that I have half a chance of getting one. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread